Fail, Miss, and Item is Busy

Seoul

Dominant
Society
DD
Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem..

Go hunting for 'pick a mob'. All is fine, no lag. Start shooting and then get miss, miss, fail, fail, hit, miss, miss, fail, fail, miss, hit. The mob wears down my HP and I go to FAP and get Item is busy, over and over and over. I at last can FAP and go back to gun and get Item is busy, over and over and over. A mob that took 20 peds to kill now cost me 40 peds. The sharks on RT used to take about 250 shots from my AS 117 now take 350 shots. An Atrox Prowler used to take about 125 shots now takes about 225. I try a relog and again, until I start shooting, no problem, can move from FAP to gun easy. But, once the shooting starts, auto lag.

Seoul...???

I am hoping to share jacobs ladder with whoever coded it. :)

Yup i used to have that problem from time to time... funny thing is that after failed message i almost always missed next shot. Well i think its problem with packet loss, so its either problem on your or server side... EU is very laggy last months (terrible when you go mining and gotta wait 5 mins for claim). Ask your friends if they are experiencing lags at the same time, if they dont i would guess its most likely problem with your provider.

And btw as far as i know failed messages should cost you no ammo/decay. Checked it few times and it always get me back that 1 shot

And btw as far as i know failed messages should cost you no ammo/decay. Checked it few times and it always get me back that 1 shot

very true, but with all the lag and misses and failed, mobs regenerate hp so in the end it costs him much more :(

try changing your Client Loader connection options, try them all for one mob each and see if it works better... There is no manual of how the connection works, but I am sitting in a 100/10 mbit in Europe, rather close to the servers and even at "8mbit" iirc, I start having a loooot more package losses than when I play with "2mbit" in the client loader... I have no bloody idea how they set the options in the client loader, and I would love to see MA tell us how to use it. But then again, it is MindArk... We are supposed to FIGURE everything out, but at sometimes we just see no point and just quit instead...

very true, but with all the lag and misses and failed, mobs regenerate hp so in the end it costs him much more :(

try changing your Client Loader connection options, try them all for one mob each and see if it works better... There is no manual of how the connection works, but I am sitting in a 100/10 mbit in Europe, rather close to the servers and even at "8mbit" iirc, I start having a loooot more package losses than when I play with "2mbit" in the client loader... I have no bloody idea how they set the options in the client loader, and I would love to see MA tell us how to use it. But then again, it is MindArk... We are supposed to FIGURE everything out, but at sometimes we just see no point and just quit instead...

Set it for the minimum or near minimum used to work well for me.

Hi all,

To me, the connection speed option in the client loader must set the delay permitted by the entropia.exe .
(ah sry for that non-clear explanation, it's 8.29 in the morning after a 5 days week-end ^^ )

I must be setting the timeout value between packet sent and ack in the network communication between the server and the client software. If you set it to hi speed (i.e. 8Mbit), the software expects very low delays in the communication.
So if your connection happens to be for any reason slowed-down, the delays increase and the soft says "oho, something wrong, maybe they try to mess with the packets with another software, let's say it failed!" :wise: :smoke:

I hope everyone understands my point... :dunce:

cheers!

Set it for the minimum or near minimum used to work well for me.

I've noticed that as well =)

Hi all,

To me, the connection speed option in the client loader must set the delay permitted by the entropia.exe .
(ah sry for that non-clear explanation, it's 8.29 in the morning after a 5 days week-end ^^ )

I must be setting the timeout value between packet sent and ack in the network communication between the server and the client software. If you set it to hi speed (i.e. 8Mbit), the software expects very low delays in the communication.
So if your connection happens to be for any reason slowed-down, the delays increase and the soft says "oho, something wrong, maybe they try to mess with the packets with another software, let's say it failed!" :wise: :smoke:

I hope everyone understands my point... :dunce:

cheers!

Thank you, that was a good explanation =)

this is gonna be sweet :
02/10/2003 http://stratics.com/node/8779

On Wednesday the 12th of Feb between 21:00-24:00 (9PM - 12AM) MA Time there will be a new stress event, to check out the new updates applied to the universe servers earlier that evening. During this event some events will take place, which will be transmitted during the actual event. During this several analyses will be done to help located bottle necks in the system. Your aid is greatly appreciated.
-Marco Behrmann
-PE Community Representative

and this gonna be bitter
Transcript of live chat session with Marco|Mindark
08-23-2008

ALEXANDER:How is MA going to handle events with 200 avatars or more in the CE EU when now, when we have 200 + avas in one place lag is a big problem
[Marco|MindArk] Right now the server is capable of handling a lot more than 200 avatars. It is the client side that is the bottle neck when big numbers of avatars is rendered. The CE version will add more optimization and adjustablity of details. So, with a fast computer and a good videocard lag should be minimum

so did CE brought less lag ? doesn't look like it did meet the high standards expected ;)

When I play on my HSDPA connection (mobile internet) I also get regular fails. Def. packet loss, not saying it's always the client but it is a connection issue.

Back