Fast Trade : a time-saving tool to scan recourses from ingame trade window

Status
Does it work without save file?

Well then yes, program makes new one. Will check it later if its scannes like before. I sure let you know my experience ;)

Great work byubi, and may i add. Long live freedom ;).

Tested the new version yesterday evening. Seems to work perfectly :yay:

I'll add more details later when i have more time. Great Job Buybi and gl with the New gouvernment in Tunesia.

greetings Lexie

Last edited:
Tested the new version yesterday evening. Seems to work perfectly :yay:

I'll add more details later when i have more time. Great Job Buybi and gl with the New gouvernment in Tunisia.

Thank you, That's very thoughtful of you :)

oh, and Planet column is filled.

Im new to this, so i downloaded the newest Version you have.
I unzipped it but for some reason there is no Application file to put the program on to my computer or to run it for me .
so how do i run it?? is my question.

i doubled clicked on the Zip file just to see if it would open up.. but all of a sudden i get several Windows Explorer popping up. by the time i got it to stop i had over 20 windos up.

Last edited:
about new version

Hi Byubi,

new version working fine on Xp any problem for working.

But my other computer isnt working on Windows 7, I tried more solve method on this thread but same.
image-BEBC_4D584861.jpg

What can i do for this error?

Thanks for everything.
Cyberlander

I unzipped it but for some reason there is no Application file to put the program on to my computer or to run it for me .

i doubled clicked on the Zip file just to see if it would open up.. but all of a sudden i get several Windows Explorer popping up. by the time i got it to stop i had over 20 windos up.

hi,

It's not a ZIP file it's JAR file. Don't open it with winzip or winrar or any other file compression software... the application is not inside the JAR, the application is the JAR... you don't need to install fast trade just open it as a java application to run it.

But first you need to have JRE installed on your machine :

Read this if you don’t know how to run a Java application: If you can’t launch Fast Trade or if the application opens as a ZIP file, you need to install Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE), it’s free and can be downloaded from Here. After installing JRE, you can start Fast Trade by opening the application's .JAR file, which is an executable (no need to install, just double-click to launch).

Hi Byubi,

new version working fine on Xp any problem for working.

But my other computer isnt working on Windows 7, I tried more solve method on this thread but same.
image-BEBC_4D584861.jpg

What can i do for this error?

Thanks for everything.
Cyberlander

hi Cyberlander,

Java is not installed correctly on your win7... the solution is to uninstall java (it's important to completely remove it) then reinstall it, make sure to choose the right one (32bit or 34bit)

Follow this instructions : Error: can not find main class

Problem is when you dowload the file with IE you are suggested to save as a zip file. You have to rename it to xxx.jar

Problem is when you dowload the file with IE you are suggested to save as a zip file. You have to rename it to xxx.jar

OMG, you are right
attachment.php
I've never noticed this before... its completely stupid, but it doesn't surprise me coming from IE, I always call it the handicapped browser... Monkey slap for MS
attachment.php

Thx for the tip Lexie, I'll mention it in the download page.

GRATZ on the new version !!!

Can't thank you enough to bring back the abbreviations. But a little problem with them.
But not unworkable with this minor issue. But wanted to let you know.

First of all I repeat why I use the abbreviations.
Before a trade sessions I don't check all the mu's from the things I buy. It would be to time consumption to check all the hides, wools, skins, paints , generic components and all ores and enm.
So I only check the ones I put in my trade channel to advertise with. Of course when other products are offered, the mu is checked then.

No to quickly find all those hot items in the list I give them an abbreviation starting from 01, 02 to ....
And then I sort on abbreviations. And in a split second I have all my hot items close to each other in the list.
SO so so so nice ! and no more scrolling or typing.

the small problem now is the when I ask to sort he sorts from 1, 2, 3, 4...(increased) and puts them on the bottom of the list. As when in decrease mode he puts them on the top of the list.

Just would be nice to have the increased version on top of the list.

I repeat, this is a small issue and can be fist by me the give them another number or scroll to the bottom.
I'm already VERY please the abbrev's are back !!!

Included 2 images so you see what I mean.
Again thx for the great effort !!!

abbreviations_count_down.jpg

abbreviations_count_up.jpg

GRATZ on the new version !!!

Can't thank you enough to bring back the abbreviations. But a little problem with them.
But not unworkable with this minor issue. But wanted to let you know.

First of all I repeat why I use the abbreviations.
Before a trade sessions I don't check all the mu's from the things I buy. It would be to time consumption to check all the hides, wools, skins, paints , generic components and all ores and enm.
So I only check the ones I put in my trade channel to advertise with. Of course when other products are offered, the mu is checked then.

No to quickly find all those hot items in the list I give them an abbreviation starting from 01, 02 to ....
And then I sort on abbreviations. And in a split second I have all my hot items close to each other in the list.
SO so so so nice ! and no more scrolling or typing.

the small problem now is the when I ask to sort he sorts from 1, 2, 3, 4...(increased) and puts them on the bottom of the list. As when in decrease mode he puts them on the top of the list.

Just would be nice to have the increased version on top of the list.

I repeat, this is a small issue and can be fist by me the give them another number or scroll to the bottom.
I'm already VERY please the abbrev's are back !!!

Included 2 images so you see what I mean.
Again thx for the great effort !!!

abbreviations_count_down.jpg

abbreviations_count_up.jpg

I introduced Abbreviations into FT in the very first versions (v1.x.x) , the main purpose was to allow adding materials to a trade without having to write the whole mat name (like lyst for Lysterium or typo for Typonolic...) But as new versions came with new features, Abbreviations became useless IMO... Considering the very satisfying result of the scan, and the auto-completion while writing mat name, I don't think anyone would need Abbreviations to add materials to a trade anymore, which was the purpose in first place.

But as you (among others) found a new utility for Abbreviations, I kept it... on the other hand I'm proposing an other solution, replace "abbreviation" column, with "group" column... you can make group(s) for your hot mats and I'm sure others with find other uses for this column.... And ofc you will be able to sort and filter by group.

If you like this idea I'll start working on it... if not I'll look into the changes you asked for and make sure it suits everyone.

Fast Trade is all about fast, so I take any idea/suggestion that can result in a time gain very seriously.

On a non related subject, what's that little button with an arrow to the right on the top-right corner of the window?

anybody did work this software on windows 7?

yes, me

Last week I formatted my PC and switched to windows 7 32bit, I just installed JRE (for win 32 bit ofc) and everything was working fine.

The problem is in your Java installation... Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :(

anybody did work this software on windows 7?

yes I have it running on a W7-Ultimate-64bit.
Have not yet tested while trading, but the program starts and the list was converted.

On a non related subject, what's that little button with an arrow to the right on the top-right corner of the window?

Lol this is the arrow created by "Multimon Taskbar". I have 2 X 22" screens in front of me. And to quickly move a window to the other screen you can push the arrow button or use the Shortkeys "CTRL+ALT and the left or right cursor key on the keyboard. Very useful to move windows around with 2 screens !!
Extra you get a taskbar on the not primar screen. Without the tool only the primary screen of windows gets a taskbar.

Now back to the abbrev's.. The modifications as you tell them look fine to. I have, I think, successful in explaining to you how I use the abbrev's. In prev mode, when the abbrev's where gone, it was also useful to select the catalogue of items to show. with for example only the stones and the ingot's.. But had a big disadvantage I still had to scoll a lot through the list. The abbrev's solve that now.

If of course you could make groups and put items in specific groups, than I guess this would improve the way I'm using the abbrev's. So when I would activate only the "hot item group" I would immediately have the once I need. Or just the paint, hides, skins...

As you've told Fast trade is all about ..Fast... And the abbrev's or groups indeed only makes it faster ! THANKS !!!

OK, thx for the advise on the .Jar.

Now i launched it and to test it out if i understand how it works.. all i get when i scan the trade window is a error can't find trade window.

What am i doing wrong?

Now i launched it and to test it out if i understand how it works.. all i get when i scan the trade window is a error can't find trade window.

What am i doing wrong?

Hey,

you need to be sure the trade window is visible (not covered) and that it is active (very important)
so when you chat with the seller and you want to scan, don't forget to click the trade window first .

GL

What am i doing wrong?

you need to be sure the trade window is visible (not covered) and that it is active (very important)
so when you chat with the seller and you want to scan, don't forget to click the trade window first .

like shinyboy said... The trade window needs to be completely visible on your screen, and to have focus

entropia_2010-09-01_21-51-37-85.jpg

The group thingy will be ready this week-end, anything else needs to bed added/removed/fixed while i'm on it?

I would like to see the Total price moved to the right side, under calculated and Scanned TT. That way FT would take less space off my screen and it would be easier to read the total.

I also liked the buttons to choise the type off stuff ( ore, enmatter, paints, ... )

greetings Lexie

OK , thanks for the advise on the trade window being open yes.. and free from all other things..

but for some reason i dont understand why is it if i scan nothing shows. see pic

as you an see after scanning = yes it picks up the trade window but then nothing
But this --> "ERR: Can not find first line"

I am helpping someone out in tunderstanding the steps of how to use this but if it will not scan the items.
becasue if there was like 4 or more items in the trade window, and this is to scan that trade and total up the Scan TT . well please enlighten me on how it works, am i missing a step?

OK , thanks for the advise on the trade window being open yes.. and free from all other things..

but for some reason i dont understand why is it if i scan nothing shows. see pic

as you an see after scanning = yes it picks up the trade window but then nothing
But this --> "ERR: Can not find first line"

I am helpping someone out in tunderstanding the steps of how to use this but if it will not scan the items.
becasue if there was like 4 or more items in the trade window, and this is to scan that trade and total up the Scan TT . well please enlighten me on how it works, am i missing a step?

you need to switch your trade window to List view... I really should update the Help and make a tutorial... In the mean while, feel free to ask anything
attachment.php

I just replaced my old piece of junk with a new PC, so im gonna start playing again... so if you see me ingame don't be too shy to say hi ;)

The bad news is that I'm gonna spend a little more time playing, and a little less coding :p

I just replaced my old piece of junk with a new PC, so im gonna start playing again... so if you see me ingame don't be too shy to say hi ;)

The bad news is that I'm gonna spend a little more time playing, and a little less coding :p

That's good news. Feel free to sell me your hofs :) I calc very fast you know ;)

greetings anw wb ingame. The program works fine atm, so no problem to do less coding.

you need to switch your trade window to List view... I really should update the Help and make a tutorial... In the mean while, feel free to ask anything
attachment.php

Sweet, THX, with a big kiss ;) It is working now :)

Status
Back