Faulty attributes adjusted

+ Rep ... good job ... thank you Centech (have to spread some around first), and MA too

Good job MA and thanks Centech.

I'm only half sarcastic - but to come here with a little uber character and be miffed because someone called you an exploiter is not ok. You know what you do and what you did. Don't do stuff if you can't take a beating for it, even if verbal and no banhammer.

Agreed! ;)

I think that the oldtimers know better and know what's an exploit when they see one.

I suggest banning the lot who exploited it and who played long enough to know that nothing is free - say longer than a few months.

Kids in their 40s in this game have no respect for the game :laugh:

Seriously - the only time anything is not abused is if someone knows about it and for some reason can't use the exploit. I also vote to delete the users who autoclicked before it was kosher and delete anything they crafted and all wealth generated - delete those who spent a year or four autoclicking NPCs with scanners, delete those who used cheats and tweaks and twists to gain an edge.

No, seriously. Delete the bastards.

I'm only half sarcastic - but to come here with a little uber character and be miffed because someone called you an exploiter is not ok. You know what you do and what you did. Don't do stuff if you can't take a beating for it, even if verbal and no banhammer.

Since I was the last one not cheering I'll assume this is directed at me?

1. I anticipated a reaction like this so I explicedly wrote in my post I agreed exploits should be fixed. I did not exploit this bug what so ever. Read a post before pouring that coffee in and letting the sarcasm come out. Now you just look like a silly mediocre at best character.

2. If your only argument against the point I was actually trying to make is "An oldtimer should know what is an exploit and what isn't", you just reinforced my point in my opinion.

First of all I think it's ridiculous to lie the burden on the players to differentiate exploits from 'unique opportunities'. How would you call the sudden scanners drop? Everyone will define it differently ie all objectivity is lost, which is essential when you start asking for bans.

Secondly, at how many months exactly will you lie the border between veteran players who should know better and newbies we should get away with exploiting because they were ignorant?

It seems to me that your 'suggestions' unfortunatly weren't preceeded by putting any thought into it.

OR, those non-adjusted attributes came from a different mission that MA did not perform the roll-back on, yet.

Yes, support cases are sent in and MA is being alerted to the oversight.

But you just go right ahead and ASSume the worst.

Mmm, doesn't seem likely the amount of attributes were obtained through other missions as it was too large of a gain.

But do forgive me for being a skeptic, JC. It's not like there would have been anything in the past to warrant any assumptions of favortism, eh?

I mean how could MA "oversee" these certain (popular?) players, yet "happen to notice" all those "not so popular" ones?

I dunno, Chief....Kinda makes me wonder....Lots of coincidental oversights seem to happen to certain people a lot: But you'll only notice if you're being observant. (Sort of like noticing the same item - with same stats - repetitively being listed in auction by two different people at incrementaly higher M/U)

Tippin'

I think that the oldtimers know better and know what's an exploit when they see one.

I'm only half sarcastic - but to come here with a little uber character and be miffed because someone called you an exploiter is not ok. You know what you do and what you did.

Remember the PVP storage box and invisibility exploit ?

Some of the old-timers who wanted MA to burn and ban those exploit users are the same ones who thought this exploit was OK.:scratch2:

Ain't hypocrisy a funny thing? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for letting us know what happened. There is nothing worse than having to rely on rumors about what happened to those who benefited from the bug. Please make sure they get a nice reminder that there is consequences for exploiting a bug.

Some of the old-timers who wanted MA to burn and ban those exploit users are the same ones who thought this exploit was OK.:scratch2:
Ain't hypocrisy a funny thing? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Could be a case of If you can't beat them, join them?

Could be a case of If you can't beat them, join them?

Though I did not use the exploit myself, I did feel that "Now I'm even further behind AGAIN!". So I could understand why people would take advantage of the glitch purley to attempt to "keep up".
This doesn't really justify the actions but just offers another reason other than "greed".

Menace

Mmm, doesn't seem likely the amount of attributes were obtained through other missions as it was too large of a gain.

But do forgive me for being a skeptic, JC. It's not like there would have been anything in the past to warrant any assumptions of favortism, eh?

I mean how could MA "oversee" these certain (popular?) players, yet "happen to notice" all those "not so popular" ones?

I dunno, Chief....Kinda makes me wonder....Lots of coincidental oversights seem to happen to certain people a lot: But you'll only notice if you're being observant. (Sort of like noticing the same item - with same stats - repetitively being listed in auction by two different people at incrementaly higher M/U)

Do you have any specifics or is this just thirdhand information about unnamed people?

Back