Favorite style of vehicle

What is your favorite style of vehicle?

• Car

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Motorcycle / Bicycle

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Skateboard

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Scooter / Motororized Scooter (Not motorscooter, #2)

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Walking / Running

• ATV

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Boat

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Airplane / Helicopter / VTOL Jet

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Spacecraft

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Jet Ski

• Total voters
I've voted Skateboard because iam a Professional Skater irl :)

Could you be more precise? Do you mean what type of vehicle is one's favorite in RL or what type one would prefer in-game when the time comes, because stuff like that can hardly be logically compared...

The Doctor said:
Could you be more precise? Do you mean what type of vehicle is one's favorite in RL or what type one would prefer in-game when the time comes, because stuff like that can hardly be logically compared...

Uh...so IRL you'd rather have rollerblades than a spaceship? Or in PE you'd rather have rollerblades than a spaceship? How could anyone choose anything other than the spaceship???

Sorry for the tone, but IRL (and probably it should be in PE too, although I don't have a spaceship), you can fly the spaceship horizonatally. And it's really fast. I can go from LA to SF in around 18 seconds in X-Plane in the NASA Shuttle, then I can land on something the size of a parking lot, or in one of the big fields next to the freeway. And although the NASA Shuttle isn't VTOL, who would build a spaceship that isn't VTOL? So let's just assume it's a VTOL spaceship, and you can fly it to the store.

Oh, and just in case you meant best vehicle that you own, I didn't mean that.

My pick would be aircraft... mainly cuz i dont have one or the liscence to operate one..
More specifically i want Mr Moller to finish up and get the bugs and certification for his Moller Skycar worked out.

I want a vehicle that is both a car and an aircraft.. i can drive like anormal car on the freeway, and then when i see a line of brakelights, flip a swich and go into the air as everyone esle is stuck in trafic :)

Even better would be an aircraft that can go into space too like a space plane.

As for PE the vehicals i most want are aircraft or space capable aircraft..
For PE i would want one of those fighter/bombers and an air skill like the ones you can find around PA. though one of them tanks would be fun to drive too.

PECalc said:
Uh...so IRL you'd rather have rollerblades than a spaceship? Or in PE you'd rather have rollerblades than a spaceship? How could anyone choose anything other than the spaceship???

Sorry for the tone, but IRL (and probably it should be in PE too, although I don't have a spaceship), you can fly the spaceship horizonatally. And it's really fast. I can go from LA to SF in around 18 seconds in X-Plane in the NASA Shuttle, then I can land on something the size of a parking lot, or in one of the big fields next to the freeway. And although the NASA Shuttle isn't VTOL, who would build a spaceship that isn't VTOL? So let's just assume it's a VTOL spaceship, and you can fly it to the store.

Oh, and just in case you meant best vehicle that you own, I didn't mean that.
I would still choose Skateboard because i love it to drive around in the skateparks and make some tricks :)

PE freak!! said:
I would still choose Skateboard because i love it to drive around in the skateparks and make some tricks :)

You can do much cooler tricks in a spacecraft. Including rail slides, long jumps, and inverted flips. Assuming it's a car sized (or skateboard sized) spacecraft, you can even slide around in the skatepark doing tricks on your spaceship, if it has wheels, otherwise you'll have to do hover tricks. Although skatepark terrain is kind of similar to natural terrain, but much smaller. And yes, they exist, but the stupid government shoots anybody that builds one. (<--has a skateboard sized spaceship.) :D They banned practical aircraft also, and good/nonbreaking cars. They also banned practical, job oriented education, backyard/practical mining, and building things with fire, and selling things without the permission of the government, and materials with a density greater than 100, building things without permission, and much more.

Last edited:
Yes, PECalc, in RL i'd rather have something practical and useful instead of something like a spacecraft (LOL), but in PE i fail to see a reason to have vehicles at all, well maybe except the shuttles to go to CND, but that's about it.

Still i voted Aircraft/Heli/VTOL because of what manoeuvres they can do, but would never want to have one because of the insane complexity of operating those

The Doctor said:
Yes, PECalc, in RL i'd rather have something practical and useful instead of something like a spacecraft (LOL), but in PE i fail to see a reason to have vehicles at all, well maybe except the shuttles to go to CND, but that's about it.

Still i voted Aircraft/Heli/VTOL because of what manoeuvres they can do, but would never want to have one because of the insane complexity of operating those

They're easy to use! Especially if you ride around in one from birth, then take a class to learn how to pilot your vehicle. If you didn't get to do that already, you might need a year or two to get really good at flying, until then you'll just be a learner, and should probably fly with an experienced pilot. Heli controls are rotate on the feet (rotate left and right), up and down is on your left hand, and there's a joystick on your right hand to lean (similar to horizontal movement). It's that easy! A mechanized spaceship would be even easier to fly, with similar and more intuitive controls. VTOL is similar to heli, with the throttle on the left hand, and the vtol engine controls on the joystick, with an extra lever for flying really fast in the horizontal direction.

Practical uses of the powerful engine include mining, fighting, flying, transportation, electricity generation, automated production, and much more. Not to mention how much fun flying is, especially the first few times. If you can remember your first time driving, it's at least ten billion times more fun than that. There are also other benefits to using a powerful energy source (nuclear or hydrogen, or even one of the lesser energy sources > 92), including increased physical speed and increased mental capabilities.

PECalc said:
You can do much cooler tricks in a spacecraft. Including rail slides, long jumps, and inverted flips. Assuming it's a car sized (or skateboard sized) spacecraft, you can even slide around in the skatepark doing tricks on your spaceship, if it has wheels, otherwise you'll have to do hover tricks. Although skatepark terrain is kind of similar to natural terrain, but much smaller. And yes, they exist, but the stupid government shoots anybody that builds one. (<--has a skateboard sized spaceship.) :D They banned practical aircraft also, and good/nonbreaking cars. They also banned practical, job oriented education, backyard/practical mining, and building things with fire, and selling things without the permission of the government, and materials with a density greater than 100, building things without permission, and much more.
:silly2: yes a usefull spacecraft is nice but i dont know why but i rather my skateboard :rolleyes:

My preferred vehicle is fast. IRL or in game. No more RL bike so one in PE would be sweet, or a tank. Anyone who has seen the movie The Island, (Scarlett Johansson is hot) one of the bikes in that movie thats what I want. I am going to go look for a pic now.

well i voted boat as its the closest thing to windsurfing lol, :D

i like the fact that Spacecraft is 1* atm.

Kyroph said:
well i voted boat as its the closest thing to windsurfing lol, :D

Isn't the airplane/spacecraft closer to windsurfing? Or do you not do the aerial tricks with the wing? Aircraft also work on water, and a good spacecraft works under water. Also, why do you people use such pathetic and weak vehicles that have no explosions? Is it personal choice, financial choice, legal choice, or some other reason? Do you prefer slow, human powered vehicles to fire powered vehicles?

Why is Motorcycle next to Bicycle :rolleyes:

And how come there is no option for Pick-up trucks :mad:

Faustian said:
Why is Motorcycle next to Bicycle :rolleyes:
And how come there is no option for Pick-up trucks :mad:

Because bicycles go 35 mph on a good day, 75 down a steep hill with extreme gearing, and the speed limit on the freeway is 55-75. I'd group skateboards with cars, except skateboards are pathetically slow, especially compared to a car. Also riding a motorcycle is almost identical to riding a bicycle, except much less tiring. (And much faster on the flat/uphill, plus it's a little bit heavier...otherwise the similarities are much more similar between the bicycle and motorcycle than between the skateboard and car) The motorcycle is a little bit faster if you use > 92 gas, otherwise the bicycle is faster than the car, provided of course that you have a bicycle of greater density than 100 and large muscles. Skateboards are never as fast as a car, even down a steep hill, they max out at around 25 mph at a 35 degree slope, and good luck finding a steeper hill than that. Pick-up trucks are cars.

Edit: The motorcycle is (much) heavier, and has more levers and doohickys, including turn signals (left thumb), a horn (on the left thumb, of course), an electric starter, (right thumb), a clutch & throttle (to control the engine, left hand and right grip, the clutch prevents the engine from propelling the bike when the engine is turned on), front and rear hydraulic disc brakes, (on the right foot and right hand), and a gear shift (on the left foot, up is shift up a gear, down is shift down a gear.) I'm sure if you ride a bicycle you already know how to shift gears. :D Turning and balancing is the same, and it feels similar to a bike, and nothing at all the same as a car. Falling off is similar to falling off a bike too, although you'll tend to be moving a bit faster.

Edit 2: Whoops, forgot about the headlight/bright light on the left hand, and the built in fork locks next to where the key goes (the electric starter doesn't work without the key in, in the middle of the handle bars, and turning the key all the way to the right prevents the front wheel from turning, and since the bike is ~400-600 lbs (streetbike) nobody can lift it and run off with your bike.)

Edit 3: Shiftings a little different too, you have to clutch in (so the engine doesn't push the bike) before shifting gears, then release the clutch after shifting, do that slowly so the engine can smoothly change rev speeds. The best part is learning to shift the bike while riding it on the street, and remember the clutch/revving changes the balance. You can actually shift without clutch, but drags the rear wheel or causes the bike to 'surge' forward suddenly.

Edit 4: Does anybody have a half-pipe or other skateboard obstacles sized for a car, and durable enough to handle 2000 lbs of car? With photos?

Last edited:
I choose none of the above, if mind teleportation (telekineses) was available, i'll take that anytime. Everything else has decay, fuel and maintenance to worry about.... and fueling a spacecraft (unless it's solar, hybrid, or some weird combination) with gas prices nowadays, it's just obscene.... ;)

It's not necessary to refuel the spacecraft. The decay is from soft materials and weak fuels, so repairs are never necessary. The time cost in building the spacecraft is less than the time cost in building an american style car.

Skateboard, DEFINATELY! Being a skater IRL, how insane would it be to get a board in PE! That would be heaven! Atrox Flip 123038495203985612352 Points!!!

snowmobilin is extremely fun...

But for normal transport, Id chose a car.

This poll sucks :revive:

Back