FeanD Alpha for 10k PED anyone?

Sounds to me like CronZero came home one night a bit drunk and placed a bid on the gun and accidently hit the button to bid with all his money. Then realized that he can't take the bid off so makes elaborate story of how he was hacked. I smell no normal scent of a hack in this story at all. Im not saying anyones guilty i just don't find your facts to be so.

-No one would hack your account and bid 10k on a 10ped pistol? They would just transfer the money somewhere else. I mean serious someone would have to just have a sense of humour to do this and not make profit.

-MA won't give out sensitive data about hackers account when they themselves don't even care if it happens or not. They make no progress in order to solve these cases and simply refer you to your local authoritys who will just laugh at you for putting money into a game.

-MA won't give back items that are involved in these cases becuase often there is an innocent party involved and is it right to screw the innocent party (maybe or maybe not) in order to get you your items back.

My suggestion in this matter would be to come clean with any information you have withheld (Samantha laughs that she would even suggest this cuase it won't happen but its worth a try) and come to a comprimise between buyer and seller maybe 50/50. Thats if the seller feels nice. I myself as the seller probably would just keep it. As similar has happened to me in the reverse and the people kept it. and yes it hurts but what can you do. This is a game of real money and you can't be careless with it.

For prevention tips in the future (benifit of the doubt here in that it may have been a joke hack) look at my signature.

Samantha Carter said:
Sounds to me like CronZero came home one night a bit drunk and placed a bid on the gun and accidently hit the button to bid with all his money. Then realized that he can't take the bid off so makes elaborate story of how he was hacked. I smell no normal scent of a hack in this story at all. Im not saying anyones guilty i just don't find your facts to be so.

-No one would hack your account and bid 10k on a 10ped pistol? They would just transfer the money somewhere else. I mean serious someone would have to just have a sense of humour to do this and not make profit.

-MA won't give out sensitive data about hackers account when they themselves don't even care if it happens or not. They make no progress in order to solve these cases and simply refer you to your local authoritys who will just laugh at you for putting money into a game.

-MA won't give back items that are involved in these cases becuase often there is an innocent party involved and is it right to screw the innocent party (maybe or maybe not) in order to get you your items back.

My suggestion in this matter would be to come clean with any information you have withheld (Samantha laughs that she would even suggest this cuase it won't happen but its worth a try) and come to a comprimise between buyer and seller maybe 50/50. Thats if the seller feels nice. I myself as the seller probably would just keep it. As similar has happened to me in the reverse and the people kept it. and yes it hurts but what can you do. This is a game of real money and you can't be careless with it.

For prevention tips in the future (benifit of the doubt here in that it may have been a joke hack) look at my signature.

Your a little harsh but at least your honest, my view is same as tsec that if suport doesn't sort it (who can imagine such a thing hapening ;-) ) then xy should retunt the money to to buyer

I too have doubts about the hacking explanation. I am more inclied to think that this mess was the result of either human error, or someone gaining acess to his machine in his absence and playing a rather nasty prank.

What I do believe though is that his money should be returned to him.

Fingers crossed he has learnt some valuable lessons from this palava (UK slang for debacle ;)).

What would I do....

Thanks TSEC,
for your leg work. You could have been out slaying mobs collecting globals, but no, you chose to help out a Soc Mate. Thank you. :bowdown:

:beerchug:

Thanks also to Spud.

X

BTW, the devil on the shoulder is cursing you, I was finally going to get the armor ;)

I'm more curious about the seller's motivation for placing the alpha's opening bid at 10K.

kira-red said:
I'm more curious about the seller's motivation for placing the alpha's opening bid at 10K.

he didnt the buyer - or person in contorl of the avar just bid all his money on the gun

Spud said:
he didnt the buyer - or person in contorl of the avar just bid all his money on the gun

ah yes, silly me.

Well my reasoning for not leaning towards returning the money is becuase i smell a blatent lie/coverup on Cron's end. If he had come out and said "Blah i came home cocked and accidently did this" Maybe i would have some sympathy. Im still not outright calling him a lier but i lean towards this becuase as i have said. Nothing about this says that he was hacked. It makes no logical sence that someone would hack him to do this. They would have gained nothing. (Maybe a little borther or sister. Or wrote the password on a pad of paper and someone logged in from your machine. In Any type of scenario i can think of it would be Cron's responsibility that was lacking that caused this. (ofc i could be completely wrong)

And to even have a shred of hope that support will resolve this issue is a joke. In fact if they DO, then we will need to file support cases to readdress EVERY SINGLE account that was hacked in the past. Becuase favoring one person over another isn't right and they shouldn't be able to get away with it.

Just my 2 pecs.

Don't get me wrong either I DO feel bad that someone lost their money. But if this gets reveresed i have equal sympathy for the other guy who will lose money.

This whole story stinks from the "buyers" side... really bad!

My hat off to you, xpun8. I don't think I'd give the money (or all of it anyway) back to someone who wasn't smart enough to keep his account secure in the first place (or isn't smart enough to keep himself sober when he logs onto EU!).
Harsh? Yes.
Heartless? Probably.
I do know what I'd use the money for though... nice new set of armor, possibly a good medium level gun, and buy either a few evade chips or engineering chips :D.

I know that is hard to believe in my "story" but it is all true. I dont know how this happened. Maybe someone from my LAN hack in to my comp i dont know. Is this a stupid joke? Maybe it isnt. One thing i can say that i wasnt drunk and i do not have little sister or brother.

CronZero said:
I know that is hard to believe in my "story" but it is all true. I dont know how this happened. Maybe someone from my LAN hack in to my comp i dont know. Is this a stupid joke? Maybe it isnt. One thing i can say that i wasnt drunk and i do not have little sister or brother.

When you say inside your lan do you mean that you are on a college campus or something of this nature? Perhaps ask a roommate if they did it as a joke and have them cough up the 1k USD to pay you back? This would be a very bad joke if thats what it was and has very serious implications. Im not saying i don't believe in your innocense im just saying it doesn't sound like your typical hack. There is no motive behind it and nothing to be gained.

Then wth do you mean "someone in my LAN"... o_O Someone in your house?

As for "hacking" your account, there are only two ways it could have been done...
1. You had a keylogger on your system
2. You used a repetative login/PW that you used for something else, and you (stupidly) shared it with someone else?

Sorry if this is coming across as a bit harsh, I just don't have much sympathy for people IF their account wasn't truly "hacked".

That still doesn't explain why someone who 'hacked' your account would use $1k USD to BID on a random auction... would have been MUCH more intelligent to transfer the ped to another account, set on the ground, have another avatar pick it up, split it up amongst 20 accounts, then recombine into a single account....

This entire thing (from the buyers end) proves one thing so far - a sieve holds water better than his story! :wise:

So do you think i did something like this : Hmm let me think to who i will give all my money, a yes FreanD Alpha for +1 ped this auction is fine . ?????

CronZero said:
So do you think i did something like this : Hmm let me think to who i will give all my money, a yes FreanD Alpha for +1 ped this auction is fine . ?????

well why would a hacker say "hmm lets take this guys money and bid on an item for another guy and not make a profit from it"

Your lan appears to be nothing more than a shared development then? Like a gated community or something of this nature? This would not lead me to believe it was someone on the lan. Granted someone with a packet sniffer on the server could grab your password (assuming its not encryped which may or may not be naive, but i have not attempted to intercept such a packet from MA myself)

IF it WAS a hacking success that cuased this then they would have had to either
A. Been on your system and you wrote you PW down with a pen or paper
B. Been on your system with a keylogger
C. Got your password by getting it from your email (Which is HIGHLY unlikely becuase they would have to set the password back to the same thing in order for you to log on and see that you had bid the money. So this one is ruled out cuase someone wouldn't request your password reset if they already knew it)

So this leads us to conclude that it happened on your system. Now if you don't have any friends or siblings that would have been playing a joke. then we have missing information somewhere...

Maybe the "Hacker" just never heard of Games with a "real cash economy" and just wanted to mess around a bit?

CrestIV said:
Maybe the "Hacker" just never heard of Games with a "real cash economy" and just wanted to mess around a bit?

thats like saying a Bank robber went into a Bank and took all the money out of the safe and then just left it at the door in a bag.

Samantha Carter said:
thats like saying a Bank robber went into a Bank and took all the money out of the safe and then just left it at the door in a bag.

Nope its not.

Me getting a passwort to something called Entropia Universe and using it, doesn't mean that i actually have to know that it is different from other MMORPGs.
And it was probably someone with access to his PC or at least his internet connection anyways.

And there are probably a lot of stories where someone stole crap, because he had no clue the old rusty stuff laying around was worth a fortune.

CrestIV said:
Nope its not.

Me getting a passwort to something called Entropia Universe and using it, doesn't mean that i actually have to know that it is different from other MMORPGs.
And it was probably someone with acces to his PC or at least his internet connection anyways.

Well Using that you refered to this infiltrator as a "Hacker" Assumes that the hacker knows a thing or 2 about what they were doing. This would lead to the intellect capable of a google search to find out what exactly their "Score" had got them. The seller in this case has admitted that no siblings or friends could have obtained access to the system to perform such an action which would lead to outside access. Via keylogger or Packet sniffing. In either of those 2 scenerios we assume intellegence on the end of the hacker.

Samantha did you heard that "hackers" semetimes are messing systems and making jokes ?

I have to say this is the best thread I read in a long time. No offense to you CronZero but I could not help but to giggle my ass off reading these posts however I do sympathize with you and hope that you can reach an agrement that satisfies both parties in this awful mess.

to all the people suspecting foul play I just want to remind you that not everyone that plays computer games is a tech wiz and has the necessary knowledge to protect their computer against malicous activities. also CronZero could have people close to him who did this out of spite or as a prank. people can be cruel sometimes. Im just saying, give the benefit of the doubt...

to the buyer ( xy ) I want to say that the corner stones of our society are honesty , generousity and..... NAH Im just kidding, take the money and run!

:evilking: :D

Last edited:
A remember that i was new in PE and i bought this gun for TT+1 thinking it was an opportunity. When i was sellin it in Twin peaks one dude tell me that it can be bought in Hadesheim. I TT that gun after that.

CronZero said:
Samantha did you heard that "hackers" semetimes are messing systems and making jokes ?

Yes, I have heard that. I just don't believe it...

It takes money and time to make a succesful hack, And from it you either get Info or money in return. Hackers do do it for fun or the challenge. But everything i've read leads me to believe this was not a hack at all.

CronZero said:
A remember that i was new in PE and i bought this gun for TT+1 thinking it was an opportunity. When i was sellin it in Twin peaks one dude tell me that it can be bought in Hadesheim. I TT that gun after that.

Yup not blaming ya for it, its pretty easy to do that, think someone sold me a tt gun when i was new

Any news from MA?

I don't believe that anybody ever used a packet sniffer or keylogger to hack a players account.

I can accept that some computer security was compromised and that they had acess to files where it were stored the passwords and logins in which it was included Entropia Universe (if this was the case shame on you).
Much less common but simpler (since it would be probably difficult for the hacker to find the password ammong all the junk information gathered) and that would affect any account on a hacked computer that hasn't a Gold Card would be so sniff the password and login directly from memory (which unfortunatly isn't that hard; still your computer should be scanned and protected as much as possible so I sincerelly advise a GC to everybody that believes that the ammount of money in game is worth the trouble of a GC).

And the most common of all:
Somebody had physical access to the computer and compromised its security.
Little brothers, discontent relatives/friends/... that did something bad either on porpose or by negligence.

Anyway,

I WOULD NOT RETURN THE MONEY

==> Unless MA clearly made possible that I was returning to the rightfull bidder.

For all I know somebody could create an account with that exact name tomorrow and ask for the money.

And that MA gave me to the explaination of what happened (of course the bidder would had first to make a support case to MA allowing them to give me such information) (namelly was the IP used completly different from the normally used, was the time of the incident a time where it is probably true that he wouldn't be online- ex. working hours)

And the location of the payback would be given by a support case with exchange of information throught Mindark support of time and location (for all I know it is still your little brother that is replying in the forum, at least that way it would be registered and could be access by the rightfull person later on).

Once I would get a decent explaination and certain that the money wouldn't be given out again on the first hard drink night I certainly would consider returning it.

Sorry if you consider this harsh but this is my humble opinion.

Tha BiGG DoGG said:
All u have to do it is to see if either of those 2 avatars are starting to sell the pistol at a much higher price. If so they both were in on it. Im sure they have a supply of them that they made & maybe bought earlier in the week on the auction to raise the price of it.

Now you spoiled it....
Or made them work on creating new avatars to sell their pistols...
:laugh:

Back