Feffox Mayhem

And those beside me who work in IT knows that your server park wont ve upgraded unless your boss has no sense of money and throw around without any common sense, or it is like most places, unless it is avout to explode and it might be on fire, if it works it works.

The amount of complaints about CTD's and not being able to login prove the server capability is inadequate for the job. It does *not* work. My mission point counter does not even work.

EU has been the very definition of not being a game you can do that in for all the 8 years i have been around.

Agreed, it's not a game, it's a financial only-online platform which makes it even worse.

MA does a superb job compared to many, ive never seen a gm pop into a 3 letter acronym game to fix something on the fly.

You say it's not a game, yet you compare it to a game?

See what you have, use what you have, instead of whining of what isnt there, if it isnt there sugest it in a proper manner like a common sensed person. "Wtf leaving game no loot no timer shit game" is not common sense.

I did not say it in that way, please do not twist my words.

Well today I decided to give the event again a try.

This time it worked for me and was able to do some rounds.
Besides a few ctd's it now worked out fine for me. :laugh:

And I have to say, great job on the cave Mindark, really love it. :D

In one way MA did do a miss when it comes to timing of event.

Right now I'm at logical "end of month", so I can't do any bigger deposits to get the size of ammo stack it takes to to this event enjoyable - there is no TT close, so you need to bring the ammo you need for a full session and a 70 ped session on feffox won't last that long.

My IRL paycheck comes 25th. Other people probably get it around 27th. And with event ending 28th, it won't be that much of serious hunting.

Don't know if this is a concern for other people. (I don't belong to the Rich people ingame.)

Another thing I wonder about is that the caves are different for different people. Let's say there isn't 4 types of instances (N,S,E,W), but rather N1, N2, N3, N4, S1, S2, S3, S4 etc, and if your top profession falls between let's say 0-30 you get sent to an *1 instance, if your agility is 30-50 you get sent to a *2 instance and so on.
I started to think about this when I went down into western nest last night and pretty much only found matures and olds.

Maybe this could explain why someones wife got better returns.

This is just a guess of course and it could have been just a freak thing I only got matures and olds in my cave. Or, it's a way MA has designed it to let less skilled players have same chance as higher level players. A player can chose difficulty of cave, each cave have a certain distribution of sacs - but in the bigger picture it's the player level that decides difficulty. Compare to Christmas mayhem where you had a choice between spiders and Kerberos, but you didn't have a (full) choice of difficulty (at least not downwards).

Note that this is just a guess after two visits in the easiest cave.

To sum it up: On my second visit the maturities I saw there was mature and old. My highest (hit) level is around 62.

As for the cave design, I wonder if we're just supposed to hunt, or if there is some odd place that can be explored. I saw a Stonebridge over a path, but I wasn't able to get up on that bridge. Maybe being able to get up on that bridge would lead to a way out of the cave (there is a hole in the ceiling). On another place (near the lake) there is a ledge across that seems impossible for me to get up to. Maybe obie or someone have been there already and seen something out of the ordinary.

Some egg looking thing spotted:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3-J
I did not say it in that way, please do not twist my words.

Not the meaning to make it sound like such. But gather what an average of most negative people say, that is it.

I fully say Entropia is a game, it just has ingame currency that relates to RL Cash :p The most comparable game would be Second Life I guess :p

It just gets tiering after so many years to not see people manage to keep positive, or even try to see things positivly at all ;) Entropia wins because of the community, but at times like the feffox event, the community becomes it's bane even though what we experience, is the exact same things happening in other games, Blizzard - WoW. BioWare - SWTOR. DICE\EA - BF3. What seperates this place from them, is the people that make up the community. Where they worship trolling and negativity, smashing anything against their thoughts down, and the companies does not care at all.

Mindark does on the contrary do things quite quick. Did not kim jump in and make tonnes of people be able to enter when non could? Talked to people and let them know what was going on? And even with feeble attempts to ask people to not spam click the entrance which is inevitably hard, he did. Not seen such a thing in happen in my 7 years of active wow playing, in the beginning the GM's toyed with people, but after 10 years of EU they still work that close to people and help.

Their not perfect, but their a lot better than most out there, thats what I ment to say with the dabbled wall of typo text :p

Anyone can tell what video cards u use? So far i know people with ATI do not get CTD, people with Nvidia got problems.

I got Nvidia on win7/64bit

I have an ATI 5970, Win7 64bit, and often crash to, once though in my 1st 1 hour run, so nothing to do with it being just nvidia.

Anyone can tell what video cards u use? So far i know people with ATI do not get CTD, people with Nvidia got problems.

I got Nvidia on win7/64bit
Gainward GTX680 Phantom, absolutely no problems at all so far.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 680, Win7 64bit. Crashed once in first 10 minutes so I checked Disable Sounds in client loader as others mentioned to do (Streaming Audio always disabled anyway) and voila no more problems. Really hate not having sound though :(

Nvidia GeForce GTX 660, 16GB DDR3, Windows 7 64bit.

3 CTD's in the first few minutes in the cave.
After disabling sound and streaming audio, I stopped getting CTD's.

Near identical setup of above. Sound turned off = still crash. It has even started happening outside of the instance for the first tike for me in over a year

Cheers,

Drooe

My IRL paycheck comes 25th. Other people probably get it around 27th. And with event ending 28th, it won't be that much of serious hunting.

Don't know if this is a concern for other people. (I don't belong to the Rich people ingame.)

Not everyone gets paid at end of the month, both my current employer and a previous employer pay on the 15th.

Would be a bit :hammer: if everyone got paid at the end of the month as banks would have nothing to do for most of the time. ;)

Well, thought I would take a look at this event today:

Crashes big time. I think that the video card crashed the system due to hard crash needing a hard reboot. GTX 650 TI video, windows 7 64bit

bs

Pile of dung for person who will guess his own time during this event.
Also please add another list with people who will get DQ...mindark.

Seriously,
a answer from somebody(mindark) about how exactly the time RULEZ work will be nice!

I lost my counting already.:scratch2:

I had initial disconnects I am not sure what my times are, will have to guess roughly 38-39 hours so I don't go over the 40. KIM|Calypso why can we have timers and keys, so much easier!

Seriously,
a answer from somebody(mindark) about how exactly the time RULEZ work will be nice!

I lost mine too.. I know the ballpark figure but not exact... I'm afraid to go over so I don't get DQ.. but that means I will be losing valuable time too. So stupid.. there is timers in beacon, why can't we have timers when inside the instance? -.- Typical MindArk I guess..

Seriously,

How i imagine that MA will check their logs for top100: They go through the log files for each avatar in top 100, and check when they entered and exited the instance...
You can do this yourself too, read the chat.log and see when you joined the force chat channel and when you left (this may be harder if you use MS/Privateer/wherever else there is a force chat during this time).
I made a small parser script to calc my time based on this, not sure if this is actually how MA is gonna check it but, gives me a pretty good idea anyway.
And i don't need to track my time since i don't do exact runs based on time.

It does *not* work. My mission point counter does not even work.

Have you turned in any sacks yet? Points only get calculated based on the sacks that you've given to Dr.Wilson, something you can do as many times as you like till the end of the event.

Have you turned in any sacks yet? Points only get calculated based on the sacks that you've given to Dr.Wilson, something you can do as many times as you like till the end of the event.

No. Assumed (yes I'm an ass ;)) it counted automatically since the sacs can't be traded and I don't participate in a lot of events. Thanks!

I cannot for the life of me understand why, in this day and age, a simple timer couldn't be added to the game to track everyone's time. Is there even ONE good coder employed by Mindark.

Why can't we set the instances to simply boot players once they reach 40 hours. Having to keep track ourselves is outrageous. It's impossible with all the CTD's! If Mindark can look at the times then it shouldn't be difficult to share them with us. I don't understand how having customers keeping track of their own times is a good decision or makes MA money. :scratch2: I'm going to have to cut myself off an hour early just to make sure I don't get disqualified. Kim, all you're doing is pissing people off.

Not to mention, you had the new Merry Meyhem instances at your disposal. All you had to do was change the landscape from snow to grass and the Snowman to a freakin' giant scarecrow and you'd be set! Why wouldn't you use the technology that you already have at your disposal??!!!!! Do not, I repeat, do not subject us players to this crappy system ever again. Please, we beg you. Enough.

It just gets tiering after so many years to not see people manage to keep positive, or even try to see things positivly at all ;)

I would really love to be able to be positive, don't get me wrong. I'm on a fun (yet losing) streak and some things about the event are very enjoyable (the cave, the mobs, the profit runs) so they're certainly worth mentionning too. But I see possibilities which are not exploited. And (this is an asset of the platform) it's very hard to be in charge of what happens, which is too easy in most games, and maybe we all feel a bit neglected sometimes. I guess that lack of control brings out some negativity. But it's never ment in a evil sense, we all want to help and make it (even) better.

Kind regards,

I think this is a confusing part.

An impression some people get is that you can only turn in the sacs once, and it has to be done as late as possible but at the same time not after the deadline. (Maybe there will be one or two players who'll be confused over the deadline and find themselves with a load of, then, worthless sacs).

The other confusing part is what happens if yo uturn in too many sacs. Maybe this is a more general thing with missions that works with stacks of "inhandable" items (eg you got 7 daikiba tropies and you turn in the entire stack). Maybe force client to update the inventory window and give a textline that "x" items were refunded.

As for the first part maybe the rules should be clarified stating it's possible to turn in sacs as often as you wish and (probably) that it's recommended to to it timely so as many sacs as possible are counted before event is over.

I've been suspecting sounds have been the root-cause for a number of crashes I've had. I will have to try the disable sounds trick. However as Nadie states, this would suck.

In the high-level planning meetings for Feffox Mayhem, someone said
Let's give lots of clds in the feffox nests.
but since everyone has thick accents and too much ear wax, they implemented
Let's give lots of ctds in the feffox nests.

they did give em back..eventually

Be careful handing in your sacs...that's sounds wrong...but anyway.

I thought I'd hand in the ones I had found so far, figured I would get a warning message if that meant the event over for me.

So went to Boreas to hand them in.
Started with the rotten ones. Once you go to hand them in you get option to hand them over in stacks (I HAD 49 rotten ones in my stack. Foolishly I clicked the 10 stack (figuring they would take the 10 and leave me 39). You then drag your stack over and they take them. So this where I stuffed up or had it made illogical for me by MA...I got recognition for 10 not 49 and did not get the rest back!

Edit: Thanks I re logged again just now. They did return them, sorry for the alert...

GL and have fun.

Indica

Last edited:
Did you check your inventory again next time you logged in?

I did at the time, and nothing.
Yet on checking the forum (as I seem to drift in here too often) I re-logged just then.
Yes they are in there :yay: TY and sry to yell the sky is falling down too soon :ahh: :)

Got the 39 back...that was not fun and illogical as said above.

Indica

lol, well i guess you could relog after each hand-over....

but i find it much easier to just close my inventory and re-open it, then they are back too... ^^

but i find it much easier to just close my inventory and re-open it, then they are back too... ^^

or just split the stacks up. few clicks and done

Yeh that what I did at first, did not pop up then. closed it and tried again... scrolled up and down and did all the usual checks and compact... which is why I posted above.

Back