Finally 8.6.4

Hmmm
Incoming file download....

Fingers crossed everybody

I can't wait for tomorrow.....

(The Best Version Of EU Yet!!!)

I am currently downloading the 3rd mini-update today!

As a side note, I did check the "click here to check how well tuned your computer is to Entropi Universe" and noticed all green ticks.

However, on the EU website, clicking on the "System Requirements" at the bottom of the page showed me that in fact the graphics drivers I was running were older than the "recommended" !!

Have just installed the latest drivers... testing time :)

Well I logged into Twin, and no CTD or Disconnect :D

But as that 3rd mini-update was installed aswell, who knows which fixed the problem! (I suspect the mini update though).

MA r woking late tonight!
:thumbup: MA

After 3 mini updates - no problems here - with any of them.

Have not noticed what has been fixed yet, but have only hunted for 3 hours so far...

Dem said:
Well I logged into Twin, and no CTD or Disconnect :D

But as that 3rd mini-update was installed aswell, who knows which fixed the problem! (I suspect the mini update though).

MA r woking late tonight!
:thumbup: MA

well im still experiencing lag issues.. issues where i lag out, yet my character auto runs? this come in really handy when hunting larger mobs, so ill lag out shooting one mob and the game tp's me just enough for another mob to come in and kill me. thnx ma

Logged in for a few minutes to check auction earlier. Noticed Rubberbanding replaced with more familiar start/stop jerkiness. Yeah.

One odd thing, though- I was running, made a sharp left turn and stopped, but ended up sliding sideways for a while. Didn't have time to experiment, but it was funny.

Had horrible weapon lag with this update :/

Going from rifle to hg or fap could take anything from 0 seconds to 5 seconds. Meanwhile ur getting munched by mobs.

Another 20 updates and maybe we will have a game that works.

Things seem to be better for me right now :)
At least they are trying...
Just curious what happened to "we are working hard to fix bugs and polish the system before implementing anything new". We all had high hopes of getting those old bugs fixed, now we get a new physix lag increaser and spend our time restacking ammo and probes we just purchased.
It will take time but MA will fix this!

Well, 3 mini patches later and the situation seems to have calmed somewhat. I, for one, say + REP to MA for keeping us all informed on the issues and how they were progressing!

It's refreshing to see the level of participation on this forum by the people at MA and that they hold customer satisfaction in such a high regard. The level of dedication shown regarding community relations surely deserves another Golden Mouse nomination! The care and consideration that they gave to the concerns posted here have made a definite impact on me, and I'm sure others, who now look at MA from an entirely new perspective.

Again, kudos MA....

Vap0r said:
Things seem to be better for me right now :)
At least they are trying...
Just curious what happened to "we are working hard to fix bugs and polish the system before implementing anything new". We all had high hopes of getting those old bugs fixed, now we get a new physix lag increaser and spend our time restacking ammo and probes we just purchased.
It will take time but MA will fix this!

They physics engine replacement IS the way they are fixing all those old bugs that couldn't be fixed before. A lot of the intractable mob movement bugs have already gone away, and once the tuning of PhysX is as good as it will get MA will be able to focus on some others, as well. My only concern is that the nature of PhysX will mean that a lot of players continue to have playability issues even under the best conditions due to unavoidable lag.

Doer said:
They physics engine replacement IS the way they are fixing all those old bugs that couldn't be fixed before. A lot of the intractable mob movement bugs have already gone away, and once the tuning of PhysX is as good as it will get MA will be able to focus on some others, as well. My only concern is that the nature of PhysX will mean that a lot of players continue to have playability issues even under the best conditions due to unavoidable lag.

and until the issues are fixed, MA will continue to use its paying customers as Beta Testers who will be subjected to more days like today....

SB2 said:
and until the issues are fixed, MA will continue to use its paying customers as Beta Testers who will be subjected to more days like today....
We are all frustrated by the problems atm but I get tired of hearing people moan about how they are paying for it. There is no subscription so just don't log in until its fixed to your satisfaction. MA are the ones losing out financially...

Silver said:
Had horrible weapon lag with this update :/

Going from rifle to hg or fap could take anything from 0 seconds to 5 seconds. Meanwhile ur getting munched by mobs.

As a major lag victim, I found out several interesting things about the interractions between client and server. The only one I really think I should post is this-

When you get lag problems, you find that you hit a hotkey to change your weapon/FAP and no matter how many times you hit the hotkey button, nothing changes.

What does happen, though, is that the hotkey caused the server to change the tool, but your client hasn't figured it out yet. Your display won't update, and the hotkey doesn't work... BUT... if you use the mouse, you will find that the change has been made. I regularly shoot things with my FAP.

There are a couple of other interesting things I figured out, but they really fall under the heading of exploits. I don't take advantage of them and I won't explain them here for obvious reasons. I really need to sit down and file a long, painful support ticket on the subject.

demoniac said:
We are all frustrated by the problems atm but I get tired of hearing people moan about how they are paying for it. There is no subscription so just don't log in until its fixed to your satisfaction. MA are the ones losing out financially...

Sorry, demoniac... I'm going to continue to voice my opinion on what I see as substandard business practices and continue to require quality product from the companies that I do business with... So, for the time being, you're gonna have to keep having whine with your cheese....

:D

Rumsponge said:
When you get lag problems, you find that you hit a hotkey to change your weapon/FAP and no matter how many times you hit the hotkey button, nothing changes.

What does happen, though, is that the hotkey caused the server to change the tool, but your client hasn't figured it out yet. Your display won't update, and the hotkey doesn't work... BUT... if you use the mouse, you will find that the change has been made. I regularly shoot things with my FAP.

For months I have tried to sweat and heal mobs to death...now, thanks to your post, my teammates will realise that I too am desperately firing at them...the fact their health has, in the past, remained the same is obviously due to my low skills making me miss :D

SB2 said:
Sorry, demoniac... I'm going to continue to voice my opinion on what I see as substandard business practices and continue to require quality product from the companies that I do business with... So, for the time being, you're gonna have to keep having whine with your cheese....

:D
Well I have no argument with that, just with the fact that people say they are paying for it. Sure we collectively pay for it in the long run but the point was there is no subscription so you can choose when you pay.

I guess I am still hung up from when I worked in support myself. I used to get calls where I would pick up the phone to some moron shouting about how he had waited an hour for an answer and that he paid my wages and would get me sacked etc. Needless to say, I would just disconnect the call and let him wait another hour ;)

demoniac said:
Well I have no argument with that, just with the fact that people say they are paying for it. Sure we collectively pay for it in the long run but the point was there is no subscription so you can choose when you pay.

I guess I am still hung up from when I worked in support myself. I used to get calls where I would pick up the phone to some moron shouting about how he had waited an hour for an answer and that he paid my wages and would get me sacked etc. Needless to say, I would just disconnect the call and let him wait another hour ;)

I know where you are coming from... But just because there are no subscription fees, doesn't mean that some of us haven't paid in deposits far more than a subscription would cost. It basically amounts to the same thing though... We paid for a product with certain expectations of functionality and completeness only to find that we are now the beta testers of an incomplete product and do not receive the communication that "community relations" implies....

Last edited:
SB2 said:
I know where you are coming from... But just because there are no subscription fees, doesn't mean that some of us havae't paid in deposits far more that a subscription would cost. It basically amounts to the same thing though... We paid for a product with certain expectations of functionality and completeness only to find that we are now the beta testers of an incomplete product and do not receive the communication that "community relations" implies....

I know where you are coming from too and I don't suggest you should consider the product or the service satisfactory atm. MA fuck up too often. I don't think there is much dispute about that.

You didn't pay for a product as you suggest because EU is free to download and log into - it is your choice whether or not to invest. Your current investment will in all probability still be intact when you decide that it is playable again and may actually be worth more.

I experience the same bugs, problems and frustration as everyone else but my take on it is this:

- It's a hobby to me - I don't invest money that I would cry about if it all disappeared overnight.

- MA want to make it work more than we do - we can go elsewhere for entertainment but they are totally dependent on their customers.

- They are a smallish company trying to stay ahead and often over-reach themselves. Sometimes that does mean we seem like beta-testers but it's not a huge sacrifice to make if you believe in EU. Some of the actual beta-testers seem to have done OK after all :)

- The bugs experienced now seem kinda trivial compared to some of the earlier ones. I often thought about quitting because of them (especially when most of my peds disappeared in an auction bug) but I am glad I didn't.

demoniac said:

For the majority of players in thsi game, the only way to lose money is to play, and especially in less-than-ideal conditions...

You don't get charged for not logging in ;)

Movement on amethera still a pain.

PE.exe crashes more than before (if playing 4 hours = 3 crashes of PE.exe - not in ring!)

Playing on eudoria is pretty cool.

Keep up the patches and improvement!

MadMikeHoare said:
Keep up the patches and improvement!

Guess what MA has done last 4-5 years? Patches, yes - more than I have health points.
Improvements, no - sorry, one. Gold Card, but that was some time ago.

Wish we get 4.2 back.... :laugh: :laugh:

Rumsponge said:
I regularly shoot things with my FAP.

This was just too funny reading :laugh:

But in all seriousness, it should not be a laughing matter
Guess ill google "Face of mankind" ans see what happens ;)
After the last patch yesterday, i was able to login and not CTD, but i also noticed I "ice skate" now :) was fun trying to do 360's while moving in a straight line :silly2:

Eudoria Rubberbanding is ok, its there but not bad.

Most of Amethera is ok, TI is terrible, Of all the places ive been its the worst for it.

Deathifier must be pi$$ed about it.

demoniac said:

Well I don't know who really loosing out financially here. It is certanly NOT MA! Go to their website and download their financial report :wise:

:girl:

Aveena said:
Well I don't know who really loosing out financially here. It is certanly NOT MA! Go to their website and download their financial report :wise:

:girl:

Analysing numbers can be done in multiple ways. Number's never show the whole truth and they can be manipulated. IMO .. MindArks is loosing out here on the long run, because if everyone in here tells he/her friend (which might be potential customers) that this game is shitty'n'laggy MindArk would loose on the long run. Only MindArk can see the true scale of the VU problems they have had.

Nutarix said:
Analysing numbers can be done in multiple ways. Number's never show the whole truth and they can be manipulated. IMO .. MindArks is loosing out here on the long run, because if everyone in here tells he/her friend (which might be potential customers) that this game is shitty'n'laggy MindArk would loose on the long run. Only MindArk can see the true scale of the VU problems they have had.

I belive you are correct, also wasnt the financial report released before some of these new issues? Also the PhisX wasnt added till the begining of september, and the financial report was made like a few weeks later. I belive that the implications and reprocutions will really bee seen this quarter.

Well if this is turning into hardball, let's look at the big picture.

MA has just started commercial advertising...from this I assume they are looking at a serious expansion of the universe and probably have big plans afoot (more than announced on the forum or in Entropian)...once a company sells advertising to the big names (and the cynic in me notices the recent polls on age and gender that cropped up) they go all out to pander to those companies needs, which are more customers. I have yet to see an ad for a machine to strengthen your abdominal's, so I reckon MA have hit some the right players.

Yup...this change of game engine is causing problems; and yeah, I have sulked about it in forum...but c'mon people...the last thing MA wants is to spoil the game...that would be bad business.

We are watching Entropia become what it should be...and anyone with kids will know the down's that come on the way to maturity...I say "Yay" to MA for taking this step while hoping they remain in control of the players that are banging at their door and refrain from selling out.

However, I also think MA would do well to interact more with the participants, who are basically shareholders. Personally...and this is a reaction to C'ptn Bob for those who read a certain satirical British publication a long time ago...I look on this as a pension fund and put a darn sight more faith in it. I put in what I can afford to lose and that is it...as long as MA meet their future promises over the next few years, I will try to stand by them.

I am annoyed about their insistance that certain machines will work with no problem, but I am sure they are rectifying this...I have a support ticket to prove it :D ...otherwise...it is just a sign of coming of age to me. And yes, I will bitch about it :tongue2:

Small aside...if MA should read this...giving support staff preformatted responses is inhumanising the process in all walks of life; if you are afraid of favouritism, rotate staff between cases...give the call center (support) people their personalities back...please :)

Chimp said:
Well if this is turning into hardball, let's look at the big picture.

MA has just started commercial advertising...
<cut to save space>
of coming of age to me. And yes, I will bitch about it :tongue2:

:) as far as i know, the ads are not sold by MA, but done by an ad company called massive, they also run advetising in other MMO's. The Ad's we see are localized to your region. I can see and add for one thing, and a soc mate on the other side of the ocean sees something different.:)

I have (almost a had) faith in what MA is doing, but at the same time i see them shooting themselfs in the foot. The company from what i read had aprox 30 people at the end of 05. Remember not all have to do direct with the EU (bookkeepers and business support staff, secrateries). So they want to play major leage, but with minor leauge capabilites. Also from reading past news and articals, they seem to have a problem sticking to what they say and want. Some stuff that MA said has come to pass, some has not, and they are also usually off with their estemate of implimitation, and not by little either. I understand they are "dynamic", but at times it seems they just go with what will give them the most coin at the time.

IMHO they just have their priorities backwards. They put themselfs over their customers, and in the long run I think will hurt them. Altho recently there has been one or two changes that show promise, but they are prolly just a (used befor by MA) tatic to keep that "hope" alive in players.

I love EU, and MA has one heck of a product here, but with MAJOR competition on the way, and the type of competition with resources and experience, MA is in serious jepordy of loosing all control.

I hope and pray that this does not happen and they remain the leader in this style of MMO

and of course I could be wrong on all of this as it is just an opinion for debate, and now I just realized that this whole post is totally off topic :tongue2:

Back