Help: Find sizes smaller after amping

Naomi :P

Mature
Society
Miners Elite
Ultra Naomi Magnetic
I am new to mining and have a question but ill explain my problem

I cycled 2kPED probes and found mostly V some III alittle IX one XI and one XIV all of witch was un amped. I start my 2nd cycle and bough 1kPED level 2 amps and 2kPED probes again I'm only 50 drops in but I feel the hit rate is lower and I now find a lot more III and even II and still V with some VI and VII is this normal?

you will always have ups and downs in mining

in the End it will equal around 90% tt return.

I have some Logs on Forum to show that 90% tt return remains true

I agree with Strash, its the same for all of us. Lots of people to talk to and research you can do to learn more about how mining works. But yes pretty much evens out to 90%. I used to mine with l2s and had TERRIBLE loot. Thats just mining though, then I got a 100 ped narc + 340 ped alt. So dont worry, just the way mining works. It has its ups and downs. Ususally downs for a very long time then a big up. GL mining :)

I also feel like the hit rate is significantly lower when I use mining amps. I think this is intentional. People say stuff like "you find the same amount of deposits, they're just bigger", but personally I've found this simply isn't true. Maybe it's just my imagination.

But yes, if you're only using a level 2 amp, you will still find some small deposits. That's completely normal.

thanks for the feed back :) and to add I'm not to worried about hit rate and small finds its more the III and II im finding a lot more of.

forgot to add when making this reply and ideas of how long it takes to even out to 90%, and am I playing with to small bank roll of 4k to be playing with lvl 2 amps?

thanks for the feed back :) and to add I'm not to worried about hit rate and small finds its more the III and II im finding a lot more of.

forgot to add when making this reply and ideas of how long it takes to even out to 90%, and am I playing with to small bank roll of 4k to be playing with lvl 2 amps?

Id recommend lvl 5's actually :p

But you may not be able to take those yet. Definetly at the cap for using lvl 2's at least lol and they are a safer bet. Keep to planetside of course, ores only. ;) gl

Id recommend lvl 5's actually :p

are they the ones that are under 110% mu? and as I have been mining I have not seen another III or II :) its getting better :p

are they the ones that are under 110% mu? and as I have been mining I have not seen another III or II :) its getting better :p

Good :) dont worry on short term even if its bad. Ive lost over 2.5k ped tt over the course of my mining. Only like 9k ped cycled too. probably 1k or so ped loss w/mu. Its discouraging with my highest profit for a run tt being like 50 ped lol. But I know get how mining works, and Im mining like 2 ores so its not surprising x) anyway moral of the story is stick with it! GL Naomi :) feel free to add me

As much as I respect the people and opinions made in this thread. I really hate seeing 90% thrown around. Am at close to 250k ped cycled and am at 82% TT return. Mostly mining with a but of hunting.

I also had nothing but V for mining unamped for months. Went to level 5's and after returning to unamped the odd couple of times I get a much bigger mixture.

have fun and gl :)

It's a matter of perception as well - the swings will be more visible with larger amps. In percentage they will most likely be more or less the same (the ups and downs) but in real numbers, it could seem that the situation is really bad.

Two words:
Bankroll management...

I also feel like the hit rate is significantly lower when I use mining amps. I think this is intentional. People say stuff like "you find the same amount of deposits, they're just bigger", but personally I've found this simply isn't true. Maybe it's just my imagination.

But yes, if you're only using a level 2 amp, you will still find some small deposits. That's completely normal.

It is your imagination, it's been tested, unless there is a new bug somewhere :p

re

Sometimes i took some levels 12-13 (enough to cycle) and didn't get more than 30% return ..

Sometimes i took 1 level 8 and got something like 15000% return.

Sometimes took 5K peds lvl 8 and got somethings like 20%.

Sometimes .. ah no. I don't mine unamped.

i have 7000 claims recorded with level 5 amps that says your feeling is wrong, the proof is on the forum in the loot theory subforum, the thread is called "mining data 2012". this is a repeat of a similar experiment done in 2008, both data sets were analysed by a statistician.
i hope you understand that when people ask a serious question then "i have a feeling" and "maybe its my imagination" is something that just is not helpful to anyone.

It was a plot all along, I said that because I knew someone would chime in and give the correct information :)

:wtg:

:cool:

Back