First time depositer here, need help!

Enoch

Hatchling
With $50 to spare and a craving for a new type of mmo, I found Entropia Universe. It seems like a huge sandbox type mmo, which is really what I am looking for. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about the game except about hunting in the swamp fields on Daikiba and my less favorite Berycled. However, what the heck else can I do with my PED? I want to have some fun and make the most of my deposit. And yes I will deposit more. Hunting is fun, but what else can I do?

buy Opallo. maxed him. then buy breer m1a maxim. then beer m2a, then breer m3a. then amp 102, + thats its not just hunting buy bombs and mine in the same time when hunt... get soc. and hunt in team..

There is also mining, and crafting items. Those are the other two main professions besides hunting. Good luck!

With $50 to spare and a craving for a new type of mmo, I found Entropia Universe. It seems like a huge sandbox type mmo, which is really what I am looking for. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about the game except about hunting in the swamp fields on Daikiba and my less favorite Berycled. However, what the heck else can I do with my PED? I want to have some fun and make the most of my deposit. And yes I will deposit more. Hunting is fun, but what else can I do?

Maybe grab urself a good mentor, join a good soc, read Alice Guide get some new tp's and when hunting take the opalo > Breer path to start with ;)

Gl in here and enjoy ur stay :yay:

Mining can be a fun way to start.
you need a finder and excavator for the type of mining you want to do, find them at the Trade Terminal, and either bombs or probes.
Enmater mining if cheaper to start with due to half the cost for probes compared to bombs.

Then find yourself a map of TPs, then try to collect all TPs while you are mining.

This way you both get to see alot of the landscape and get your basic mining skills, you also start to learn what red dots on teh radar to avoid, and also from what range the different mobs attack.

All of this is useful information for later.

I recomend that you try to get yourself to the Twin TP, as that is a good place to find traders to sell the resources you gather from your mining.

Good Luck.

Welcome Enoch! My first advice is to read from this forum as much as possible (as others mention it, Alice's Guide(s) is/are extremely helpful) ; it might seem tedious at first, but it will definitely improve your chances of having fun and not loose your PEDs fast.

Second, also as others mentioned... a good mentor and a nice soc will improve your gameplay.

Third, would be to try the 4 main activities in EU for a bit (hunting, mining, crafting and trading), and see which one you like most; as it is very hard to do more than one in the beginning, this step should help you to focus in the future on what you like.

And last one last thing, not technically an advice, but something I found very useful for new players: EU requires extreme patience; this is the key in enjoying, and advancing in this game, at least in my opinion.

Good Luck!!

Mining Ore vs. EnMatter

Enmater mining if cheaper to start with due to half the cost for probes compared to bombs.

That’s right, ofc.

I’m still relatively new, and I can only say, mining EnMatter as a beginner was to me quite frustrating.

Mining can be fun, but if you start mining imo you should try Ore on Eudoria, regardless of the bomb cost. You will get better and more interesting and diverse results.

Just my :twocents:.

That’s right, ofc.

I’m still relatively new, and I can only say, mining EnMatter as a beginner was to me quite frustrating.

Mining can be fun, but if you start mining imo you should try Ore on Eudoria, regardless of the bomb cost. You will get better and more interesting and diverse results.

Just my :twocents:.
Good that you had luck mining ores, but if I take myself as example I had poor results in ore so I'm going all for enmatts when mining.
So for a new player try both but remember enmatts are cheaper you get 200probes/100ped and you only get 100bombs/100ped.
But with mining it's really best to take advice from some experienced miner = not me :D

Hello Enoch,

Welcome to Entropia! In case you are wondering what Alice's Guide is, here is a direct link for you:

http://rp.apachenet.de/downloads/Entropia_Guide.pdf

I would also suggest checking out some of the Free Events on Calypso - MindStar9 runs a good one every Friday night at Corinth - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...53969-midnite-moods-w-ms9-6-12-09-agenda.html is one example.

You will meet some good people, have some free fun and a chance to win some free PEDs (always helpful!)

Other than that, the other posters have provided a pretty good idea of things to do on Calypso for a newcomer. Get a helpful mentor that is active and on during the hours that you play (feel free to send me a private message on this forum and let me know what there are if you like, or post in the Mentors & Disciples section and provide this information.

Good luck and happy hunting! :)

I think the general consensus in game is that

1: unamped mining (ores or enmat depending on preference) has a higher percentage median return than the other professions. keep in mind that as you skill, you'll be buying finders with far less frequency than you would spending the same amount of time hunting.

2. Hunting is great and fun as a solo or team activity. The loots are usually far more interesting, and it is easy to advance to a level where you can team hunt 90% of the mobs in calypspo in a matter of months. decay on armours, guns, and amps can make hunting for hours of level appropriate hunting a day FAR more expensive than other MMO's.

3. Crafting at the lower levels is the highest risk/highest reward proffesion... a "good" run can have you streaming globals, making ped, and being the envy of all of calypso. A "bad" run can make your 50$ deposit dissapear in a mater of hours. Crafting is the slowest proffassion to advance in, but the most skilled can manufacture high demand items which can be sold to other players for a hefty markup.

Definitely do your reading on the game...If it's too late for you to find a good mentor, a good society can help you answer your specific questions.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the helpful tips, I really do appreciate it. You all seem very friendly and very helpful!

Firstly welcome to EU, as the others said get a good mentor. Personally I did not do this and it cost me alot of peds in the begining.:wise:

Thanks everyone for the helpful tips, I really do appreciate it. You all seem very friendly and very helpful!

:lolup:This is what really sets EU apart from all the other point and click mmo's out there, the mature and very friendly comunity.

Its also what keeps on bringing me back day after day, even when you just lost everything hunting/crafting/mining:D

Good luck and may lootius be with you:tower:

Hi.

Buy basic mining equipment, and Opalo and some ammo. And try mining in no mob zones, or easy mob zones. Shot only for defense or if mob is near your claim.

Check a little crafting with low market stuff you find for check crafting system, but sell all you can for more than trade terminal value.

For ores start around new Oxford, perhaps a little south. TI Castle is not bad too, ores and emmaters, but evade mobs there because they are not "Opalo mobs".

If you do mining a zone with ores or emmaters i think you can hit about 1 each 3 or 1 each 4 (33% or 25%) bomb/probe. That not change very much since i was a total noob miner.

Good luck and welcome Entropia.

Greetings.

Yepp, joining a good soc is very important. You will get support and make friends. Go on soc hunts and learn a lot. If you don't know which soc to try just join one and see how it goes - you can leave at any time. It took me a while to find Gloryhound Irregulars but since I've joined I have not regretted it.

Back