First Timers Beacon Event - Clearing Up the Robot Trash

Blake Seven

Marauder
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Blake Seven Simons
TDO (The Disturbed Ones) is holding yet another First Timers Beacon Event on Saturday Evening (MA Time) 31st January :yay:

Previous Events:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...7477-tdo-newcomer-beacon-event-july-08-a.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/n00bs-corner/112240-tdo-beacon-event.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/n00bs-corner/56374-bots-must-die-call-new-blood.html

The Plan

Following the recent robot invasions, long range radar scans have revealed a number of reconnaissance Scout Ships remaining in the solar system.

With many experienced Bot killers either injured or captured in the recent invasion or engaged with training for the WoF, we need eight new fighters to complete a Beacon Mission and destroy one of these Scout Ships.

We are currently enlisting the support of eight colonists who have never taken part in a Beacon Mission before to assist The Disturbed Ones Beacon Team.

The mission in question is a 23 pedder, the base level beacon available. The Bots encountered will be Drones 01 to 03ish with a Low level Warrior as the Boss Mob. A toughy nonetheless.

Rules and Requirements

1. No previous Beacon Experience - compulsory, first timers only please, you don't have to be a new player, just have never done a Beacon before.
2. Available on a Saturday in Jan/Feb (final date to be agreed) at around 20:00 MA time
3. Armour/Plates suitable to withstand low level Drone attacks i.e Shogun with or without 3B plates or better. This armour must also be in good condition (see below for reasons why) this will be checked prior to departure and participants who's armour is not upto the task will not be able to join the mission.
4. Must have the beacon departure TP of Fort Troy - this is not likely to be a problem for most but if you do need it get it, or ask me to run you there.
5. Have reasonable quality entry level equipment i.e. amped Breer and above (opalo will not be sufficient), FAP capable of 20+ heal, all to be in good repair.
6. Bring 3k rounds of suitable ammo, very unlikely you will need as much as this but come prepared there are no shops
7. ALL items looted must be returned to the team leader at the end of the mission for equal distribution to ALL surviving members, participants who die (and remember we don't want this to happen) will receive loot according to their progress through the mission. In the unlikely event we loot anything of value we will sell this on auction and again any proceeds will be divided amongst the team members once the item is sold.
8. As we establish the sequence of the levels of the particular mission, the Team Leader will allocate floors to be cleared once the Boss is killed. Upon the self-destruct sequence being activated you must return directly to the floor you are allocated and loot the boxes at that level. We would normally allocate these floor as we head up the levels. TDO members are likely to do the lower floors.
9. TDO members will give instructions to other participants with the strict intention of completing the mission successfully with a 100% survival rate. If you are instructed to do something compliance is advised, we want you to have fun but a dead shooter is a no looter on the run back down.
10. The end level Boss will be killed by a TDO member, all other participants will be required to wait at the Boss level TP ready to begin looting once the destruct sequence starts.
11. All decisions made by me or the Team Leader are final. We want this to be a fun experience and rewarding for all.

General Points

In advance of the mission you should have read and understood the aspects of a Beacon Mission as detailed in Pinky's guide HERE.

Pinky also produced a video of a typical Beacon Mission.

[YOUTUBE]EQtB0QKBgCA[/YOUTUBE]​

You should also print off a copy of the Beacon Mission map available HERE, it shows the possible levels and typical storage container locations. A Beacon Mission comprises 6 levels of Drones with a TP at each end to travel to the next floor. There are 7 possible level layouts and we will see 6 of these in random order on the mission, only the first and last levels are always the same. It is therefore important to have a copy of the layouts to hand so you can make a note of the order in which they appear.

If you die on the mission it is over for you, you will revive back on the planet and cannot rejoin the mission as the remaining team members will still be in space. It is therefore vital you survive, hence the requirement for an armour that gives some protection against fire arms and why the armour and FAP must be in good condition.

The mission will comprise mainly of Drone Generation 01 bots on the various floors and will have a low generation Warrior end level Boss.

What Next?

If you are interested, reply to this thread and post (or PM me) your equipment levels so we can make a judged decision on team members.

We will try to select the team fairly and as far as possible based on first come, first served however with the emphasis on completing the mission successfully and with ALL members alive we may need to be selective on who comes.

If You Are Unlucky In Being Selected

If this mission is a success then future missions will be arranged, so if you are unlucky with selection for this mission, go out, skill a little more and we'll see you next time.

Team Members:

See following post.

Last edited:
List of Team Members

Team Members:

TDO:
  • Seven
  • Ghana
  • Zam
  • Rockchick

Newcomers:
  • Sakura SEXY Queen
  • Gustav Malasuerte Sagitta
  • George Hitman Alastair
  • Freddy fo0d Kreuger
  • Vaako
  • Wavy Nettreasure Warrior
  • Callum Mac MacKail
  • True TJ Juan

Last edited:
Ready to assist you on this one, Seven :salute:

First victim, erm..... team member signed up.

Seven places left :)

..... and then there was six.

never aided in one so if Im down from CP Ill be glad to help out :) (and I can always come down from CP so thats not an issue ;))

:D If you need a helper let me know :wtg: You know Im always happy to join in any tin can squishing :yay: :yay:

:yay: :sniper:

Great stuff for getting this organised again Seven :yay:

And looks like we have 4 fantastic TDO will be in attendance already :handgun:

Beacon location is confirmed as North East of Fort Troy, let me know if you need help getting the TP.

^ ^ ^ ^ as Seven says, GET THIS TP!!!!!
if you don't have it, PM one of TDO or mention in your post here, WE WILL HELP YOU GET IT!!! Please do this BEFORE the day of the beacon :wise:

I will be at the kick off, weather permitting, with a picnic, if anybody has special dietary requirements, please say so.

Stinky:yay:

Last edited:
I took part to one of these beacon events organised by TDO. It was definitely worth it. Not because of the money we earned (it wasn't particularly remunerative) but because it was my first beacon mission and I had a lot of fun. If you can, take the chance to participate, you won't regret it.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Wow a beacon event for begineers :yay: :yay:

I would like to join the event... I have not done a beacon yet..

Gear
----
Weapon: Breer M2A + A101 (Close to Max)
FAP : Vivo T5 (Maxed) If this is not enough I will get a T10
Armor: At present I have a armor which does not protect against burn (Before the event I will get a armor with good Burn protection.. already have some shogun pieces will complete it)
Ammo: 3K ammo.

My Avatar full id : Wavy Nettreasure Warrior

Thanks.

Armor: At present I have a armor which does not protect against burn (Before the event I will get a armor with good Burn protection.. already have some shogun pieces will complete it)Thanks.

I've put you down as a reserved place, a likely date for the Beacon will be either 24th or possibly the 31st of January, therefore please make sure you complete your armour by the 19th to retain your place.

It would be sad for you to die on the mission due to a few well placed hits from the robot scum, that's why we make it a requirement.

Post here what bits you are missing from a shogun set and I'll go out and hunt the mobs that drop them. You are welcome to have the items for free, you will just need to repair them in time for the event.

I also have some Shogun pieces that, if you need them, you can have. Pls post a list of what you need :)

Thanks Blake Seven and Danoclese...

I have

1) Shogun Harness
2) Shogun Thigh
3) Shogun Shin

I also have
1) Rascal Foot
2) Predator Helmet.

At present I am looking for
Shogun Gloves (M)
Shogun Arms (M)

Will also look for Shogun Foot and Face as that will complete my Shogun set...

Thanks...

I have

1) Shogun Harness
2) Shogun Thigh
3) Shogun Shin

I also have
1) Rascal Foot
2) Predator Helmet.

Shogun Gloves (M)
Shogun Arms (M)

Thanks...

In between mining last night I tried a few molisk and sabas and got a harness, will try later again on the sabas and the faucers to try for the gloves and arms.

I have

1) Shogun Harness
2) Shogun Thigh
3) Shogun Shin

I also have
1) Rascal Foot
2) Predator Helmet.

Shogun Gloves (M)
Shogun Arms (M)

Thanks...

Ok, I have Shogun feet and mask and gloves for you and hopefully Seven can loot the arms. Might as well complete your set, no? :)

thanks Danoclese...

Are you online so that I can meet you.. at present I am online and also have peds to buy...

Thanks,
Nettreasure.

going online now and will be at Genesis HQ Service centre momentarily :)

if you don't have Genesis HQ TP, pm me here and I'll meet you elsewhere :)

edit: kk, iamnettreasure has his gloves, face, and feet---just the arms to go now...

Last edited:
I got all the shogun armor piece except the arms.. I will get that aswell...

Seven,

I observed that the timing is around 8:00 pm MA time. Is there any possibility of the changes in that.. I am from Asia and 8:00 pm MA time would be around late midnight for me. Can this be made around 4:00 pm.

Thanks,
Wavy Nettreasure.

Come on people, we need more participants :yay:

BUMP :smash:

Hangover bump.

Plenty of spaces left so sign up now :)

Bump!!!!

Very surprised to see less interest in this one compared to previous events.

Surely more people want to experience a Beacon Mission and for free :D

Hello, I have done beaocn before BUT, I have never bene in the action, I've always been a looter, sadly I don't have armour either.
If you were to let me join, and let me borrow a set of armour (I am trustowrthy, you will have it back), I would be glad to join in.

If not, ohwell, I'll wait until I do have armour for another beacon.

Roll up Roll up all Ye!!!!

A little video MindStar9 made on her first Beacon mission. That happened to be with TDO :eek:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPz14S-9Tr0[/YOUTUBE]

Come and have a go if you think your hard enough :sniper:

Hello, I have done beaocn before BUT, I have never bene in the action, I've always been a looter, sadly I don't have armour either.
If you were to let me join, and let me borrow a set of armour (I am trustowrthy, you will have it back), I would be glad to join in.

If not, ohwell, I'll wait until I do have armour for another beacon.

Technically the requirements are not having done a beacon before and having armour to survive the trip.

We have plans for bigger beacons for ppl who have done a 23 pedder before, so save up your peds for some armour and perhaps there will space in the future :)

Just for the info my set up will be :

Armor: Tinfoil wrapped tightly around face, wrist and thighs.
Clothes: None
Weapons: Sling shot (of doom); spoon.
Extras: Beer, pillow under butt.

I also plan on drunken behaviour and typos in public chat.

More people need to sign up for this. We need more people to feed the leprechauns!

Fear the leprechauns!

Back