FIx space

Remove 0.0 cheat
Remove log off
Add warps for quad

Let the space wars starts :)

Removing log off wont create a space war. It will end space travel. Nobody is going to risk carrying tens of thousands of ped in space if some noob with a quad can shoot them and take it.

It will end space travel. Nobody is going to risk carrying tens of thousands of ped in space if some noob with a quad can shoot them and take it.

Ain't that the reason for Motherships and Privateers upgrading to have very high SI?

(also, not all who travel through space does so with 1000s of PED on them... or even using warp/logoff)

Ain't that the reason for Motherships and Privateers upgrading to have very high SI?

It would have to be much higher than even the highest mothership has to make it even remotely safe. Having organized the repair crew on a mothership as long as I have, as it is, I could engineer an attack that would take out the biggest mothership in under 20 seconds. On any MS.
It's not very hard to do. It just takes some knowledge, some planning, and some ped for ammo. Once the pirates figure out how to do it, no mothership will be able to be safe.

Warp may be a bit much for a quad, but some sort of different levels of boosters would be a great idea.

It would have to be much higher than even the highest mothership has to make it even remotely safe. Having organized the repair crew on a mothership as long as I have, as it is, I could engineer an attack that would take out the biggest mothership in under 20 seconds. On any MS.
It's not very hard to do. It just takes some knowledge, some planning, and some ped for ammo. Once the pirates figure out how to do it, no mothership will be able to be safe.

Right , i agree. THis is BS...I mean god damnit, motherships dont even have any weapons that do any high dmg. It a total outrage to actually expect the mothership owner to use the gunner seats....i mean wtf MA think this is ^^ And serious SI upgrade combine with big ass weapon....NOW THATS WHAT WE NEED MA !!!! Please doont remove logout, we have no ways or time or ppl to protect or destroy quad form different direction. Oh and please make so quads cant shoot out of my MS range, my guys dont like repair skill gains and i have no money for SI...SEriaaaas problems this bullshit.

I also think agree you the man with the plan to get enough pirates to commit, imean you sopend all days in space, so whoi i turst but this guy. He knows what he talk about. Actually i spend some time there also and i know whats best also, even though usually only insoide MS. I am legend i yet to discover myself, but that you for show me how greats i can be with my minds.

MA Listen, this bullshit, we cant defend, no big ass guns, no big ass si, no 2 guns need more. Thank you for listen my and us long experience make us pro. So listen good this guys and me ok. !!!!!!!

Removing log off wont create a space war. It will end space travel. Nobody is going to risk carrying tens of thousands of ped in space if some noob with a quad can shoot them and take it.

the day logg off goes off i will start my war, i have a a list of crafters "family distany teams" that want to tag them with
"You been smurfed", expect me to do anything to restrict their movements and try embargos of ships transporting them, so ia ship may have to choose to transport some people as high risk person and may need to charge them more and add extra layers of security for them, wouldnt that be fun? is not fair that all people pay the same and i will try to make sure of that :)

the day logg off goes off i will start my war, i have a a list of crafters "family distany teams" that want to tag them with
"You been smurfed", expect me to do anything to restrict their movements and try embargos of ships transporting them, so ia ship may have to choose to transport some people as high risk person and may need to charge them more and add extra layers of security for them, wouldnt that be fun? is not fair that all people pay the same and i will try to make sure of that :)

Every action has equal and opposite reaction... It's the law.

Remove 0.0 cheat
Remove log off
Add warps for quad

i would like to add something...

make it possible to get personal information (name, surname, adress, city, state, nationality, gender, id number etc) of pirates so people who get robbed are able to start lawsuits in rl....

In rl pirates go to jail....

Baba :wise:

make it possible to get personal information (name, surname, adress, city, state, nationality, gender, id number etc) of pirates so people who get robbed are able to start lawsuits in rl....

In rl pirates go to jail....

If you start a lawsuit against someone and actually manage to get it through into the court, I believe MindArk has a legal obligation to hand over such information.

Good luck finding a single prosecutor that wouldn't laugh his ass off when you asked him to help you though :coffee: (also, good luck finding any single law being broken when someone is pirating in space)

If you start a lawsuit against someone and actually manage to get it through into the court, I believe MindArk has a legal obligation to hand over such information.

Good luck finding a single prosecutor that wouldn't laugh his ass off when you asked him to help you though :coffee: (also, good luck finding any single law being broken when someone is pirating in space)

Yup be a pretty futile effort with the way the EULA is written. No matter how much you buy in game it is all virtual items and owned my MA and MA is only pirating from themselves in the end so it would not be considered theft in the end.

Very important to read and understand:
http://legal.entropiauniverse.com/legal/eula.xml

Remove 0.0 cheat
Remove log off
Add warps for quad

Remove 0.0 cheat? what are you talking about :p No this definitely would make things more interesting.

Remove Log Off. Pointless as MA still has to address crashes and fairness based on crashing and remove logoff option it is easy to crash the game to make it look like ISP error or computer system issue.

Add Warps for quad. Like it! maybe not full warps though maybe only warps to anywhere in the current server, and should be allowed to do inside safe zones. Get away form SS camping crap.

Just my thoughts.

Automated tickets system will help to solve ISP , crash, logoff problems. This system will track where your stackables should be delivered if you can't stay logged in. Ms crew will be responsible to protect all passanger's stackables. All will matter in this case, crew skills and ability to protect ship, SI of ship.
Stackables will be auto unloaded to storage (space station or planet side).

Remove 0.0 cheat
Remove log off
Add warps for quad

I totally agree with the OP.

That said, I am using MS services on a regular basis, usually one or two times a week in order to get max MU for certain ores (not that many warps atm as i am really busy rl and have absolutely no time for mining these days). And as I stated before within the context of other threads I very much dislike pirates.

This as well as other threads in this section of PCF does obviously attract a vast spectrum participants. There is a variety of interested factions (ms/ privateer owners, their customers, pirates, people having issues with pvp...) and ofc a disparity of opinions. All seem to somehow agree that the contemporary concept of space is not well balanced/ half-baked/ not working well.

From my point of view there are four options:

a) Follow Chilix suggestion and disable the log-off function. I read a variety of interesting posts in this thread and others where suggestions where made on how this could be realised in useful ways. I really think this implementation is sth which would make a lot of sense + I really dont mind space being sth dangerous and the travel within space more risky, even if that means that transport fee is going to rise as economy will adapt.

b) Enable TP between planets for a set fee (again). I know that has been the only opportunity for interplanetary travel in past. So lets say the fee is 12ped. I dont want to offend individual participants/ groups that made huge 'investments' in order to own space ships and to provide all those services. But I would like to see some equity. As the entire point of lootable pvp is screwed up by allowing avatars to transpot things completely without risk through pvp4 L. Who is the only faction that gains a real advantage from the current situation? Those who own a space ship. Certainly not their customer as it is hassle being tied to schedules, waiting for summons, tping down to planet and ofc it does cost ped. So why not screw with everyone in an equal way and set up that tp again?!

So pirates can go on and hunt down and loot those few who transport stackables via vtol/ quad... so basically what they do anyways. Furthermore no advantage is being provided by the game anymore to those owning a spaceship and are allowed to provide services in pseudo pvp4. All factions are then screwed equally.. well except the majority of participants that can just hit the tp button for 12ped at any time they intend doing so :)

c) disable lootable space, which would again screw with all the dedicated maybe even commited people that own space ships. Because who would need/ pay for a ms/ privateer warp service in order to travel between planets if there is no thread other than those few spacemobs at set places?? Only a few persons that need a swift warp to another planet eg in order to buy sth would still use warps. For sure there would still be a bunch of people who like to skill VSE but what for? Ofc it is a fast way of unlocking bpc and skill crafting. And I am sure a few people think that they will become an uber crafter that way. But we all know that it eventually does require one more little thing in order to follow any profession here in EU...

d) Space MKII. A total space overhaul provided by MA (well beyond our imaginations) ;)

Under given circumstances I am gald that we have MS services. Just wanted to share my personal point of view.

Add Warps for quad. Like it! maybe not full warps though maybe only warps to anywhere in the current server, and should be allowed to do inside safe zones. Get away form SS camping crap.

Yes. Even in the planet based pvp areas you can tp into the area to avoid those camping the borders. Even if its only short range but the problem would still be that the player would need to leave the safe zone to initiate a jump just like the MS. Or they'd have to allow the MS to jump from the safe zone.

Or they'd have to allow jumping while being attacked but then the warp mines would have a real purpose.

Yes. Even in the planet based pvp areas you can tp into the area to avoid those camping the borders. Even if its only short range but the problem would still be that the player would need to leave the safe zone to initiate a jump just like the MS. Or they'd have to allow the MS to jump from the safe zone.

Or they'd have to allow jumping while being attacked but then the warp mines would have a real purpose.

Agree MS's should be able to jump while being attacked. I agree logging off or crashing should place you on nearest SS on next login if you are carrying any lootable items if not then you relog in as you do now on the ships. If you have active guns on your quad, sliep or any ship and have a bad reputation you should not be able to SS dock, safe zones should be eliminated completely, SS's should have cannons to fend off mobs and any neg rep space vehicles, unless the planet owner deems their SS a pirate station which then fends off positive rep ships. Space could be just so much more then what it is, currently it just has a cruddy implementation and hope it gets better in the future.

Although it has been fun time being a privateer pilot last few weeks.

Lazy town Pirates.. or I see you!

Remove 0.0 cheat? what are you talking about :p No this definitely would make things more interesting.

Remove Log Off. Pointless as MA still has to address crashes and fairness based on crashing and remove logoff option it is easy to crash the game to make it look like ISP error or computer system issue.

Just my thoughts.

Actually I could go one better with this and i know the pirates will hate me for my comments but then let them flame me and neg rep me to heck and back.. but I tend to agree with the safe zone idea.. in fact so much so I think the safe zone should be actually modified so that the safe zone should be set that it is a "Distance from the planet..(Say 2 AU). Within this safe zone which could be considered in a way Territorial space around a planet, there would be a space station and in the case of Calypso there could be FOMA and CP.. Now this I know would anger some pirates because they wouldn't be able to camp this planetary sare zone, but then as of late, pirates hae become rather lazy and very predictable as to where they camp.. Every time I come into space I know where to look and I know every last knoo and crany as to where the pirates hide.. So in a way MA has in essence balanced the playing field for the player to be on his or her toes once they enter space..

But a well trained pilot can spot anything out of the ordinary.. Like people hiding on the end of hte horizontal boom, on top of the station, or even under it at the bottom of the vertical boom.

and hiding under privateers and MS's are a dead give away.. So then.. you're in a savfe zone pirates, you literally are wavving a white falg to me saying I'm here to get you.. don't bother coming this way..

In short you're starting to become lazy... and careless. If a blind guy can spot you .. even sitting on a boom, that is al the more reson to become a distraction to you...

But what about the neutral stations.. if MA took their revival idea further pirates could camp the small neutral stations and have spies tracking their prey withi intel and info... But I guess the pirates today.. love being spotted and Identified in 20 seconds...long before a pilot decides to make a move..

so yeah MA make a small fix to make planetary changes to the safe zones and a lot more people would come up, a lot more people would be targets to the pirates (provided they don't get lazy), and in fact MA wins as we'renow consuming fuel to either keep our precious cargos safe, or to go after our prey...

Also as for the Miniwarp engine IDea, well they could make it that you're able to jump say 6 au to the edge of a server.. but no further... it would then take another warp to get into the next sector, and in fact by increaasing space and making the Miniwarp drives just like thrusters, it would mean that people could use those..

But then we'd probably have to ask MA to siding space.. and put space hazards in.. I mean space is pretty much open at this point.. PVP is too, just some small modifications and Space could be a game of "Find the needle in a haystack."

But that is just my two thoughts..

If you have active guns on your quad, sliep or any ship and have a bad reputation you should not be able to SS dock, safe zones should be eliminated completely, SS's should have cannons to fend off mobs and any neg rep space vehicles, unless the planet owner deems their SS a pirate station which then fends off positive rep ships. Space could be just so much more then what it is, currently it just has a cruddy implementation and hope it gets better in the future.

Now that would make more sense

Back