Foggy screen

LightStar

Alpha
Society
SDW -= Elite =-
Jorgen LightStar Eriksson
W00t .. how do i customise my ava in this picture :(

Win XP 32-bit 4GB RAM
Geforce 8800 with latest drivers & updates.

Anyone got something similar ??

I have the same problem with 8800 Ultra and Core 2 Duo 6600 @ 3,2ghz.

I accepted that part since i was happy with my avatars looks. But when i enter the game i get no textures, and the white fog is still there...:mad:

I am really disappointed, and i really hope for a fix soon. I'm currently reinstalling the game, to see if it makes any difference. I'll be in touch

This is how it looks for me

http://img9.!!!!!!!!!!.us/img9/306/gcs01.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, similar config then ..
I was suspecting my RAM memmory because i got CRC error when installing the VU 10.0

Going to test some older Nvidia drivers & tweak some ..

try a reinstall might be some texture that is bugged for you.

Reinstalling solved the problem for me atleast. Installed it in the old EU directory aswell just to be safe :p

Downloaded one of the .zip files from 711 mirror site ..

got CRC error when unpacking .. gahh .. as i suspected one of my RAM modules are damaged. When switching to 2 spare RAM modules it worked fine.

But .. now i need to download everything again :cussing:
and just 8Mbps ADSL connection ...

one hour to go .. :(

So probably i'm missing a texture or something.... we will se in an hour when i have reinstalled.

my avatar was pure white lmao, wonder what i look like

It's working now ... so i had a bad RAM issue.
Now when all files are there i'm able to create my avatar without the fog.

So .. now i'm stuck with the BSOD as all other Nvidia users :(

But this seems to be a bug and should probably be corrected by MA/Nvidia soon.

During the time i will try the tweak the settings (shadows, aas) driver versions etc. To see if there are any settings which makes it playable.

If you get CRC error during VU 10 install you might have a faulty RAM, causing some files(textures) to be corrupted. (that's what you get when you buy cheap RAM without ECC :(

i have the same prob. and only cann see something when in wiondow mode.. this is realy bad laggty and visualy...:(

hope new patch come soon
not possibel to play til them

seems like VU10 is pushing every ones PC to the limit and also finding who got Pc issue they did not know they had.

Back