For bank owners and bank customers - what if server down?...

Would you like a checkbox with the option to automatically redeem your loan, IF you have peds for th

• Yes

Votes: 40 85.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other solution - please post below

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

sbi

Elite
Sbinortz Sbi Latz'tek
Hi

I just made a suggestion to MA regarding banks, which in my opinion suffers from one serious problem... Server down (or general powerfailure/ computer crash etc.) That is unless I overlooked some feature which takes care of this problem. The supportcase to MA is written below.

What do you think of the problem and the solution given?

It would also be interesting to hear from bank owners, how they would handle a case, where server down caused a loan to be impossible to redeem.

Gl
Sbi

----------------
SUPPORT CASE:

I was looking at the banking system when it hit me, what if the servers are down when I am about to redeem my loan and I therefor lose my item (even though I have the peds to redeem the loan?).
I suspect the loan wont be postponed while the servers are down?

This seems like a great disadvantage to the players. I would therefor suggest the following solution. With each loan taken give the players a checkbox with the option to automatically redeem the loan at the expiration time, if the player has got sufficient peds for this action in his inventory (even though the player may not be logged in at the given time). Best solution for the players would naturally be to stop the loan period from ticking away when servers are down but I somewhat doubt this can be implemented.

Edit: Mods feel free to move this, if there is a more appropriate forum for it

Such checkbox would be nice. And it would be only way to get around server crashes power failures etc. Because I would not handle such cases - it just can`t be done. I cannot know if person really had hardware problems or he just wasn`t able to get money in time.

interesting... security is always an issue... but really what are the odds? I mean how often do the servers just go down without warning for an extended period of time?

It's pretty rare, and that being the case I think they may just overlook it and deal with issues on a per incident basis

interesting... security is always an issue... but really what are the odds? I mean how often do the servers just go down without warning for an extended period of time?

It's pretty rare, and that being the case I think they may just overlook it and deal with issues on a per incident basis

during a VU ? :)

At 99% intrest, I voted other. I would never use one. Would you use a bank that charged that intrest rate in rl?

Sure, the server could go down for whatever reason but I'd be more concerned about the items that are logged as traded and were not. It still happens, verified again tonight. I've also noticed during the 'conversion' to the new inventory, I'm missing several pieces of armor, mostly helmets like predator polaris and aurora- anyone else notice this?
Cheers
:scratch2:

Would you use a bank that charged that interest rate in rl?

Nope. Hell, IRL you can at least live in the house or drive the car that you've borrowed the money for.

True, the chance of it happening may be very slim, but then again why take any chance if it can be avoided.

The proposed solution would also make it possible for the person taking a loan to go on a holiday, avoid trouble if his/her comp suffers from a major crash, simple forgetfullness etc. which would make it impossible to redeem the loan in time. These would probably be more common problems.

Sbi

Hummmm

This problem has been happening in differnt ways since time began:

• Server goes down or game crash - All ending auctions are messed up no one can bid.
  • ISP goes down or the game crashes on them when flying to CND/CP for a passiger during flight - they demand there money back. Humm who's fault is it.

Well, no ones really.. and who's gonna foot the bill, Send a support case to Richard Branson lol.

Oh missing items -- Well 18 of my hats went invisable - there not even listed on my on-line inventary list... Plus a sk went invizable..

So check your inventary if you can remember 500-900 items of the top of your head and ther tt values.

Good luck
Moonfish

Sure, the server could go down for whatever reason but I'd be more concerned about the items that are logged as traded and were not. It still happens, verified again tonight. I've also noticed during the 'conversion' to the new inventory, I'm missing several pieces of armor, mostly helmets like predator polaris and aurora- anyone else notice this?
Cheers
:scratch2:

Also if your gold card breaks and you can't login.

That happened to me and I couldn't log in for 2 weeks while dealing with MA to get me a new one.

Also if your gold card breaks and you can't login.

That happened to me and I couldn't log in for 2 weeks while dealing with MA to get me a new one.

True Burnsey, very good point. I myself fear the Error 72 :)

Sbi

At 99% intrest, I voted other. I would never use one. Would you use a bank that charged that intrest rate in rl?

really that much intrest :confused:

Luckely I would never get a loan in EU. I'm kinda of the principle: if you can't afford it, don't buy it. Well except for a house, but this is the only exception to that rule, due to the fact that a house saves on renting money, rises in value and is something I can deduct from taxes. (note to self: try buying/building house sooon)

Just wondering....
if the servers are down, how do you propose the checkbox would work? It would have to get the task to view the database, which most likely is on a server, and not on someone USB stick, and the assignment is most likely also done automatically, by software which is on the server....

So yeah, I like the idea, but I have doubts about the practicality of it.

really that much intrest :confused:

Luckely I would never get a loan in EU. I'm kinda of the principle: if you can't afford it, don't buy it. Well except for a house, but this is the only exception to that rule, due to the fact that a house saves on renting money, rises in value and is something I can deduct from taxes. (note to self: try buying/building house sooon)

Intrest in ND bank is now 49.99%

Just wondering....
if the servers are down, how do you propose the checkbox would work? It would have to get the task to view the database, which most likely is on a server, and not on someone USB stick, and the assignment is most likely also done automatically, by software which is on the server....

So yeah, I like the idea, but I have doubts about the practicality of it.

Good point. I must admit ill leave this to the tech experts. But since the auction can keep running its course when servers are down to the public during implemention of new VU's I guess something can be done.

Sbi

Intrest in ND bank is now 49.99%

yes 50% interest, that a bargain! :yay:

I don't care for such an option, I won't use the banks anyway. The rates of the banks are outrageous.
Yes sure it's a game, but it is RL money it's represents.

And I don't think there is anyone that would take a loan at 50% with his RL money...

If you really want an item, as crazy as it sounds , you take a RL loan for it and pay 11 - 15% and deposit that. You have a way better deal.

I do think the back owners will be successfully, not of the payback of the loans. But due the items they will have at a bargain price from ppl that won't be able to pay it back.

Mmm... pawn shops...

something like this would be a good addition.... right after they add 20% max interest.

Back