Help: Force window mode resolution?

Society
Freelancer
Edgewise
Hi guys

I was wondering is there in any way possible to force cry engine to a specific windowed mode resolution?

At this moment the minimum resolution is 1024x752 pixels...

Is it possible to force it down to below 800x600?

I would really enjoy if it could be a extremely small window mode... :)

The minimum resolution to play entropia universe is 1024x768. If you get it lower somehow, you will have issues with playing and interacting with the game, which is why they disabled that ingame. And since the only way to change configuration is ingame, no, there is no such way.
If there is such a way, it would mean altering the EU files, or interacting in a non-standard way, both are not allowed and can get you banned.

The minimum resolution to play entropia universe is 1024x768. If you get it lower somehow, you will have issues with playing and interacting with the game, which is why they disabled that ingame. And since the only way to change configuration is ingame, no, there is no such way.
If there is such a way, it would mean altering the EU files, or interacting in a non-standard way, both are not allowed and can get you banned.

Thanks for the reply =)

I know I should not be changing the files... CryEngine however if I remember it correctly does have some config files that allows a more advanced graphic options mode if you open it.... was wondering if there is a file like that for resolution as well but I guess not :)

There are some settings in the files in the 'shared documents' folder, under Entropia Universe, but even though they are documents, they are still part of EU so altering those isn't allowed.

There are some settings in the files in the 'shared documents' folder, under Entropia Universe, but even though they are documents, they are still part of EU so altering those isn't allowed.

Is it not allowed to change in settings-ce.cfg? Those options in that file is made for chaning using cry engine as far as I know...

Last edited:
tweak

As faar i know u are allowed to tweak settings-ce.cfg its just graphic settings. pm me ingame or skype and ill assist u how to do it :)

Thanks for the reply =)

I know I should not be changing the files... CryEngine however if I remember it correctly does have some config files that allows a more advanced graphic options mode if you open it.... was wondering if there is a file like that for resolution as well but I guess not :)

Its not allowwed to change the values in the config files even though it was and is done alot. Its a risk u are taking though.

As faar i know u are allowed to tweak settings-ce.cfg its just graphic settings. pm me ingame or skype and ill assist u how to do it :)

thanks skuggan, I know about the config file and how to tweak it, been working some with cryengine settings earlier :)

i just want to change my resolution :<

tweak

line

r_HeightWin = xxxx
r_WidthWin = xxxx

You can alter the window size no matter what the resolution is. Problem is that the image is scaled to the new size, so it may look a bit weird (stretched and smudged).

You can alter the window size no matter what the resolution is. Problem is that the image is scaled to the new size, so it may look a bit weird (stretched and smudged).

I see, I also found out thanks to Skuggan that you can edit this in the graphics config file (just a more advanced mode than in game grahpic options)

I do not understand why changing resolution from a file which is allowed and made for changing should result in a ban.... Suppose I have to ask MA about this..

I do not understand why changing resolution from a file which is allowed and made for changing should result in a ban....

Excuse me, not allowed:

End User License Agreement as accepted by you and everybody playing, section 2.2 Restricted use

(i) No modification or de-compilation. The Participant may not translate, modify, copy, disassemble, de-compile, derive source code, create derivative works from or otherwise tamper with the Entropia Universe System, code, software, hardware or firmware provided therewith.

(ii) Use of the Entropia Universe Client. The Participant agrees upon not tampering, removing (except complete un-installation) or modifying the installed Entropia Universe Client Software and its associated files in any way whatsoever.

It is able to change because it is program-data that should be able to be altered by the client, which is why it is in a public accesible location.

Excuse me, not allowed:

End User License Agreement as accepted by you and everybody playing, section 2.2 Restricted use

(i) No modification or de-compilation. The Participant may not translate, modify, copy, disassemble, de-compile, derive source code, create derivative works from or otherwise tamper with the Entropia Universe System, code, software, hardware or firmware provided therewith.

(ii) Use of the Entropia Universe Client. The Participant agrees upon not tampering, removing (except complete un-installation) or modifying the installed Entropia Universe Client Software and its associated files in any way whatsoever.

It is able to change because it is program-data that should be able to be altered by the client, which is why it is in a public accesible location.

and almost nobody cares, when it comes to the cvar file that is. :)

Excuse me, not allowed:

I've edited my settings-ce.cfg many times; why don't you go write MA a letter and report me and everybody else who've edited it since it's "not allowed" even though the file is left intentionally unencrypted in the public folder for the player to edit.

And since the only way to change configuration is ingame, no, there is no such way.

Find your settings-ce.cfg file and edit these lines to look like this:

r_HeightWin = 600
r_WidthWin = 800

The settings-ce.cfg file is located in one of the directories below (depending on your OS) and can be easily opened with Windows Notepad:

Vista & Windows 7:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Entropia Universe

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Entropia Universe

There is a way. Did you know the earth is flat?

Last edited:
I've edited my settings-ce.cfg many times; why don't you go write MA a letter and report me and everybody else who've edited it since it's "not allowed" even though the file is left intentionally unencrypted in the public folder for the player to edit.

Find your settings-ce.cfg file and edit these lines to look like this:

r_HeightWin = 600
r_WidthWin = 800

The settings-ce.cfg file is located in one of the directories below (depending on your OS) and can be easily opened with Windows Notepad:

Vista & Windows 7:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Entropia Universe

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Entropia Universe

There is a way. Did you know the earth is flat?

Thanks man, this is exactly how I did it as well. :)

The W and H seems to have some sort of limit though, but it surely could make it much smaller.

As you say, why wouldn't it be allowed if it is left in a file that says "Do not edit this unless you know what you are doing!" ? :D

technicaly he is right, but also wrong. he is right that were not allowed to change it according to the eula (but who cares?) he's wrong about that it has to be possible to edit for the client to edit though. It could just as well been encrypted or in some other format etc etc.

Even after 4 years... great to know!
tnx again :)

DRM

Can't do that anymore :(((((

Any other solution, pls?

DRM

Back