Suggestion: Forum Sidebar

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
Hello,

I have a small suggestion about the structure of the sidebar: rearrange the modules in it so they are in the order of usefulness and maybe delete some of them:

- online members - put it last or delete it
- share this page delete and replace with somethign else
- latest posts, put it first
- latest threads - second (or replace, if this could be an option, with latest media uploaded?)
- statistics are nice, it should stay.

Regards

I agree with all of those. All I care when I check the forum is "last posts" so I have saved the bookmark pointing to https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?whats-new/posts/ instead of the homepage.

Also, for anyone wanting to feel a little bit more like in the old forum:

1. Click the "Customize" button on the header (third icon right to your forum name.)
2. Uncheck everything, and check the "Flip sidebar?" option.

More or less this:

If we get the right order on the sidebar and get the "news" section back I'll feel like home again :)

Good suggestions, thanks for sharing.
I have rearranged the sidebar widgets and removed the "Share this page" widget, which by default has links to popular social media sites, but which is not very useful on PCF.

Good suggestions, thanks for sharing.
I have rearranged the sidebar widgets and removed the "Share this page" widget, which by default has links to popular social media sites, but which is not very useful on PCF.
Much much more useful, much better, thank you!

I have also increased the number of results for the New Posts and New Threads widgets from 5 to 8.

That info was super helpful. Much better! TY!

Back