Selling: Foul Suctioncup

Darkshine

Mature
Society
Starfleet Command
Tanacious Darkshine Darklighter
Greetings all.

I am putting a sale thread in here, covering all of my bases. I have for sale one Foul Suctioncup.

This item has not had a confirmed drop and sale (entropiawiki.com, PEauction.com) for over 5 years! That was version 8.2ish for those that were not here at that time, or 2006.

As I am sure many of you are skeptical that this does exist, I have provided a picture for your doubting minds.

This item is the EXTREMELY rare item required in the receipe to make Foul DNA Samples. As this item has not dropped in game for some time, you might notice that there are a lack of land areas with Foul on it. This is the reason why.

This post is not to be construed as an auction or anything other than an informational post announcing that this is for sale. You will not see this advertised at twins, and will be kept in my storage box and not touched until sold. If you are interested you may contact me in game for further information.

Requests to open a trade and put it in the window to "see" it will be denied. With any other item I wouldn't care, but not with something this valuable. The eventual buyer will see it in the trade window when it is sold, that is why I put the pic in here. If you still doubt beyond that, I don't want to do business with you anyway.

Although the last foul suctioncup sold for 4201 ped in 2006 according to PEauction data, that was before missions, and before Foul were part of those Iron Missions. That fact, combined with the lack of Foul DNA in game already, and that to my knowledge and research that this is the only one for sale anywhere, makes this item worth well more than that. Please consider that when making your offer.

As this will be quietly for sale within EU as well, I will update any offers I receive in game on here as well with the name of the player unless they request to remain anonymous. If you wish to make an offer by PM on these forums that is acceptable as well.

Thank you for your time in looking, and happy drooling!

315052_100143756768855_100003196920139_325_582580177_n.jpg

did you take a screeny of the 100 pedder with the suctioncup in the loot? that would be pretty cool to see :)

I think you'd be best in contacting Deathifier as I know he's looking for more foul DNA for treasure island.

auction it, and let the bid war begin.

surely there are more landowners than only Deathifier who would like to have foul DNA on their land.

BTW, Deathifier already got one, so why not give other LA owners a chance aswell!

BTW, if I remember right Qetesh is interested in Foul too.

:lolup:
Auction is the simpliest solution, but not always the best. Even when put on 7 days period, could miss some interesting offers, so the way he has been chosen is better than auction. And it is even more important whenit goes for such a rare item. Besides, what for to feed MA with the fee? :eyecrazy: GL with offering to everybody :)

did you take a screeny of the 100 pedder with the suctioncup in the loot? that would be pretty cool to see :)

Wouldn't that be cool?

376125_100194233430474_100003196920139_624_419751086_n.jpg

@ everyone else, thank you all for your input and suggestions.

I wish I knew how to get a hold of those LA people directly, I figured this might be a good way, and I will also post something in the arkadia forums too just in case they show up there. I used to see em all the time, now hardly ever.

Yes, this will not touch the Calypso auction, I want all interested to see this, because another one may not drop for 5 years... or ever. I knew as soon as I saw it, most of my "playing" was going to be contacting and making contacts for other contacts for the next month or so.

I got the lovely "short straw" at work, so I get to work all week this week, but I will try to be on in the evenings all week. I am USA Pacific time, so if you live across the Atlantic ocean, it is probably going to be more efficient to leave me a message initially, and we can coordinate from there.

Thank you all very much for looking and your interest.

I wish I knew how to get a hold of those LA people directly, I figured this might be a good way, and I will also post something in the arkadia forums too just in case they show up there. I used to see em all the time, now hardly ever.

Quick forum searches...took me less than 60 seconds ;) Congrats on your loot btw :)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/member.php?298-Deathifier

[URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/member.php?12410-Qetesh"]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/member.php?12410-Qetesh
[/URL]

lol, kim answered us...
anyway gratz and sell it to a person who owns a LA with nothing on it... i want big fouls
:3

I hope deathifier will buy it, another LA with 1 foul dna is useless, its better if he gets hold of it so we get better density on his foul LA at TI :)

1.) Kim has talked about more DNA parts dropping, so this could be the very start of it with many to follow
2.) Contact Inno, he is the owner of OLA 59 (you will find him on this forum) - He already has a natural spawn of fouls and might be interested to make a foul LA

Good luck
Angel

Ty Angel

1.) Kim has talked about more DNA parts dropping, so this could be the very start of it with many to follow
2.) Contact Inno, he is the owner of OLA 59 (you will find him on this forum) - He already has a natural spawn of fouls and might be interested to make a foul LA

Good luck
Angel

Hey Angel,

Your point that it could be the first of many I will not deny, but even so, it was still ULTRA rare back in 2006. I have no worries that even a slight increase in drop rate vs. VU 8's drop rate will decrease the value at all. (I.e. Drops every 3 years instead of 5 haha.) The added fact that Foul are now an iron mission line mob also would counter balance such an increase. I don't think that MA would go so far as to make DNA part drops as common as say a weapon or mid range armor piece. But I could be wrong too.

There are a lot of Inno's... are you referring to InnoDB? That is the only one I can recall that might possibly own a LA. I will search for him on the forum. Thank you for the info.

That was me few years ago. You can still see that pic in my gallery. I sold the suctioncup for 17k in 2006

TY very much Ron!

That was me few years ago. You can still see that pic in my gallery. I sold the suctioncup for 17k in 2006

Some impressive pics in there Ron. Thank you very much for the input, I really wasn't quite sure whether or not go solely by the PEAuction data, but it was all I had, and wasn't even sure THAT person was still around anymore. Data is good, but direct trade experience is better.

I am glad someone stepped forward with their input and experience.

At least now I, and others monitoring this post, have somewhere definitive for a price range to consider.

As also an update to come, as soon as a get a couple more offers I will post the summary of offers so far, anonymously ~ as in no names ~, but you know who you are. This way the sale of this item is transparent, and all have a chance to see where the offer range is at, but in no way causes "bad blood" between players.

As I have told a few in PM's, I am not looking for anything outrageous like a Mothership for trade, (although I really might consider the Enterprise as I am a Star Trek fan. LOL j/k) but I am aware of it's near-mythical status.

A big thank you again to Ron, I was completely unaware that you were one of the last people that traded a foul suctioncup. I do appreciate the comparison to yourself, but I am still very far away from hitting the hits that I saw in your gallery. Maybe someday. I simply think Lootius got tired of my whining and gave me an ironic drop as the HOF forum pic says... ROFL.

I also want to take a moment and thank those that have complimented me on my professionalism. I am simply trying to be fair, transparent, and honest. I hear that sometimes there is a lack of that in the world anymore. As this item may not drop again for sometime, I would also like to give ample time for those that might be interested to be notified of the sale.

Thank you all again, you posters and commentors are the reason why I started enjoying Entropia in the first place. To have your kind words, helpful comments, and suggestions is a huge bonus.

Regards,
TDD

There are a lot of Inno's... are you referring to InnoDB? That is the only one I can recall that might possibly own a LA. I will search for him on the forum. Thank you for the info.

No, Inno's forum handle is ArieJVW. (Ingame: Jimmy Inno Felix)

I'll mention this thread to him when he logs in tonight, but I suspect he's more interested in the mining side of the LA than hunting, given that he's got some fairly rare ores on it.

All the best with the sale,
~ Serica.

No, Inno's forum handle is ArieJVW. (Ingame: Jimmy Inno Felix)

I'll mention this thread to him when he logs in tonight, but I suspect he's more interested in the mining side of the LA than hunting, given that he's got some fairly rare ores on it.

All the best with the sale,
~ Serica.

Ahh, TVYM, yes I have been in touch with him, thank you so much for mentioning it, I do appreciate it. It could very well be, as I have seen his name many times in the chat window with a mining find. Thank you also for the link, cause my search results did not return that forum handle.

Bump it up...more density is definitely needed at TI before I seriously take a run at the 10k mission:)

Update and Bump

Okay so as promised, here is a list of offers.

As these were all sent via PM, I would imagine that anonyminity is implied.

Offers as of 11/24/11 9pm PST/USA.

1K or trade for Calypso land deed. Sent via PM 11/20
3.5K Sent via PM 11/20
8K Sent via PM 11/21
5K or approximate trade for various items Sent via PM 11/22
14K Sent via PM 11/23

There are also a handful individuals who I am negotiating with in PM. A couple of such individuals have stated that they would like to see the offers before they make theirs, which is understandable. Please understand as there is no recent data for a sale of this item, the current question of stability in game, and a couple of other factors, the fair value price is highly speculative, and negotiation should be considered part of the process.

Please also note that I am in no hurry to sell this item, as should of been assertained already from my extensive data gathering. This is a different kind of item, and not like selling normal junk in twin peaks. This is potentially a game changing item, and so far, still MYTHICALLY rare, and will be given that amount of diligence in considering all offers.

If one or more of these offers is withdrawn, it will be updated in the forum ASAP.

Thank you all for your interest, and time spent on this matter!

Regards,
TDD.

P.S.

I think the way I will work this is once I have not received an offer on here or in game for a couple of days, (after the holiday week here) I will take the high offer and start counting down a 3 day period. (I will announce the thread and countdown in twin at this point) At the end of that period, the high offer will get it if nothing higher has been offered, and arrangements will be made for the trade. If for whatever reason the "winner" backs out or doesn't show up, after 24 hours I will begin a two day countdown for the next highest bid, and forever ignore the offer for the non-showing buyer, and any other offers made from them.

(Unless of course there were extenuating circumstances beyond the player's control. That should go without saying, but at the same time it should be understood that this would be considered a major transaction by any measure, and appropriate consideration for coordinating given to it.)

The other side of this is say I got an offer for like 30K+ I would be willing to start the aforementioned countdown immediately, and not wait until offers slowed. I believe an offer in that range is probably appropriate for someone or "someones" that are investing and would use it to craft Foul DNA for their land area or soc land area, and not looking to resell it for profit, or at least not an "easy" resell.

This is potentially a game changing item, and so far, still MYTHICALLY rare, and will be given that amount of diligence in considering all offers.

You are selling a FOUL DNA component here, it's not like a new mob or a proteron DNA rare component...

Foul is a mob that exists for more than 8 years in EU and one of the lowest hunted one. Just have to follow tracker to get some figures.

Only Deathifier has the fantasy and money to overbuy this item has he does a monopoli on almost all DNAs. He is collecting them. No independant LA owner can compete VS him. I figure he is the one that offered 14K.

You are selling a FOUL DNA component here, it's not like a new mob or a proteron DNA rare component...

Foul is a mob that exists for more than 8 years in EU and one of the lowest hunted one. Just have to follow tracker to get some figures.

Only Deathifier has the fantasy and money to overbuy this item has he does a monopoli on almost all DNAs. He is collecting them. No independant LA owner can compete VS him. I figure he is the one that offered 14K.

With you there Zhorgul,

But good on deathi, he has done what works and I am shure what he has done is working for him :)
And gratz to looter once again :) I would be very happy with how the auction is turning out. :)

Regards Inno

And BTW thanks serica for helping out with trying to get OP in contact with me :)

Count the people who have done the iron mission. Foul young may not global very often (I had one global during the mission), but if you go to South Drake or Eos, you will see people hunting foul for the missions all of the time.

Deathifier does not just collect DNA - he also puts these to good use. Unlike some other places with say almost no foul to hunt despite having DNA.

Count the people who have done the iron mission. Foul young may not global very often (I had one global during the mission), but if you go to South Drake or Eos, you will see people hunting foul for the missions all of the time.

Deathifier does not just collect DNA - he also puts these to good use. Unlike some other places with say almost no foul to hunt despite having DNA.

Yes I have a LA with a DNA foul on it but also 4 Atrax and 1 fungoid. It used to be a full Foul LA a long time ago when actually that LA belonged to Deathifier.
The owner between him and me put 4 atraxs DNAs and a fungoid ... I wanted for a while to get a 2nd Fungoid DNA on it. But guess who has it ? And Who will never sell it to me ? :)

I've always been sad about pure business logic going against players benefit ... So now my 2nd LA is full trax for the mission actually.

Nope, Deathifier actually is not a single one of them. I have been in contact with him already. With the exception of one, the offers are not from LA owners, surprisingly enough.

So if you are worried about getting in a bid war with a DNA collector, you don't have to, at least for the moment. I can't say what Deathifier will or won't do if some serious interest gets generated on this item though.

Yes, foul has been around for 8+ years, but for more than 50% of that this particular component of the DNA hasn't dropped. The last drop, at least according to all the research I have done and the people that have stepped forward with credible evidence of a drop thus far, was in 2006. Although I have not checked it yet, I do believe that the rare Proteron DNA component is about the same rarity, as there are only about 3-5 DNA's of it, and 4-6 of the Foul's.

With all due respect to current offerers, I believe the fair value of this item is probably still a big ? mark. Some say it is worth less than it was in 2006, some say it is worth more. The reasearch I have done this far into the item and it's history and yakking with people has been almost a mission/quest in itself. Quite enjoyable though.

The fact that fouls dont global hof or uber that often, I could see why paying a lot for the rare component would cause some to hesitate or not buy.

Remember though, that each player to complete the foul iron mission series needs 16,600 kills, and even if the avg loot throughout those was only .25 pec, that is still over 4000 ped PER avatar. I would venture that the avg is probably much higher, as I can kill young to scout and hit 10 to 40 ped pretty often. (assuming they kill all fouls on the LA for the missions)

Obviously if you wanted to attract people to kill the fouls on your land, an event would need to be done for them. You probably need more than one foul dna to accomplish the densitiy you would need for that, but I have participated in events that only had 1 DNA on it, and there was plenty of spawn for all.

If your LA is rich with MU ores and enmats, a good advertisment would be for them, and for progress on your foul mission as well. Most miners have no problem bulldozing small mobs in their way while blanketing an area. Then you get double income.

If you are an appropriate level texturizer/crafter, you could also advertise that you will buy any foul skins for a set price, and "here"(your land area) is a good place to get them. Same with the oils that drop.

Although I am told that the natural spawn of foul is not terrible any longer, it is also mixed in with mobs that risk making the run very un-economical, as I would either have to use more ammo, a bigger gun, different armor, or a combination of the three. This could potentially make a hunter look elsewhere for mission kills.

The 3 areas that have natural spawns aren't even enough to accomplish a 500 run in a day, although if you are killing the other mobs mixed in one of the areas anyway, the foul kills are a bonus.

Although these are all ideas and scenarios that go to add to the sellability of the item, I am sure there are just as many that would take away from it too, such as the fact that if no one kills them, no income is made. If that were the case though, Deathifier and Squall would be looking at selling off their Foul DNA's I think. People will kill them. People do kill them on those LA's already. I witnessed 5 or more players before this thing dropped on the TI land area grenading foul's to death, not even a week before either.

I think I will let this thing go another week, due mostly to my schedule looking like crap again, and see what offers I get in that time, and then I may start the countdown to selling it. It may be too that the holidays mixed with the Calypso land deeds being offered may make a volitile mix for selling anything right now, given that all MU's have dropped like rocks. (I LOVE paying 102~104 for lyst again!!)

But I do thank you all once again for your input, grats', and interest. Feel free to shoot me a PM if any find out anything else, or know of anyone else that has experience with this item.

Regards,
~TDD

Youd be gutted if another one drops, sell while the irons hot :silly2:

have you tried to make foul dna with it and what's your current offer?

Youd be gutted if another one drops, sell while the irons hot :silly2:

Heya Mandi,

Good point, but unfortunately I think that is something I have to risk, as I am sure that is part of why I have had some really lowball bids. Some people are banking on the fact that more will drop, and wont have to pay 17K again for one like they did in 2006.

There seems to be some stipulation that just because Kim from MA said there would be more DNA parts dropping, this means they will be less rare. It could easily be taken as "we decided to let a couple more of the rarer DNA parts drop", so that LA owners can make more DNA samples besides exarosaur. It would seem strange to me from the MA business model point of view if all DNA parts dropped in unlimited quantity, with the frequency of say a weapon, fap, or armor drop.

That would make no sense, because then all LA Owners could have DNA of any critter at any time, and rotate it as they want for whatever is hoffing. Then by proxy, LA's would become stupidly popular, people would go and rotate their hunts on them accordingly, the owners make a TON of money in taxes, withdraw, and MA loses money.

I know it wouldn't happen that way exactly in a real situation, but I am sure that is MA's fear. Withdrawl seems like a dirty word to them.

But, I could be wrong. It really doesn't cost me anything if I am, just theoretical, controversial MU. Peds I didnt have to begin with.

However, if I am not, it could cost those that are interested tens of thousands of ped later on when it's figured out that only 1 more of each critter type was "released" into the loot pool, so to speak. :)

~TDD

There seems to be some stipulation that just because Kim from MA said there would be more DNA parts dropping, this means they will be less rare. It could easily be taken as "we decided to let a couple more of the rarer DNA parts drop", so that LA owners can make more DNA samples besides exarosaur.

Kim did not say more would drop. Kim asked if we felt that more DNA types would be needed. Another foul DNA part would not be covered by such anyways - being able to make Nexnecis DNA or Gokibusagi DNA or Tandardion DNA would be. A completely separate issue.

TI Foul area is always packed with players since it is an iron mission mob any level player can hunt.

Bump for this rare item I doubt we'll see again anytime soon.

Back