Found some old paper

seamaster

Guardian
Society
United People of Calypso (UPC)
Dexter Seamaster Warlock
Hi.

While many are waiting (including me) for VU 9.3 I thought it could be a good time to share some mining tips.

I've for the last months while mining noticed two interesting things regarding veins. So before I published the information I looked around @EF to see if something was written about it and also looked for some old notes lying around at my desk :coffee:.

What is interesting is that one of the tips was noted as early as 2005 and maybe before that. I found that interesting since I use that information today. I am not sure if this has been posted before.

Tip #1 :wise:
Look at the claims you've found and decide if the field is like this:

xxx (called field type A)
xxx

or this

xx (called field type B)
xx
xx

The problem you end up with is that you will not find more claims i.e. you've hit the fields border. Now here is the interesting part.

If you move 300 meters north or south from a field type A or 300 meters west or east from a field type B you will in many cases find a new field looking more or less like the one you've just left. Eventually this recurrence will stop tho. Still it is a cheap way to find a new field. Works for me.

Tip #2 :wise:
Veins tend to stretch further then one think. As many of you have seen of the mining data I released some fields or veins are as long as 2000-2500 meters. I would say that this is still the case. If you find a nice vein pay attention to the X or Y line and do not be surprised to find that the vein returns along the same line many, many 100 meters away with big blank holes between. If a vein ends for me I keep up the spirit and drop a bomb each and every 300 meters and voilá.

Well I guess I've atleast killed some minutes for you guys and gals while waiting for the new VU.

Happy "whatever u do".

/Seamaster

so whats in the gaps?

to this day i know a vein that stretches from Zeus to Minopolis..

with most miners averaging above 25% hitrate even if you drop randomly this somehow didn't surprised me :laugh:

so whats in the gaps?

Is Entropia in the gaps, just as in hunt and craft.

If on a field we'd have two Eomons living and on another field we'd have 40 snables, let's asume the 40 snables would produce same qty of sh*t as the Eomons :wise: While on the snable field would be very probable to step in some snable sh*t, on the eomon field you'd have to be very (un)lucky to step in some Eomon sh*t. But when you'd step, you'd step the whole leg :painter:

Legend:

where:

- snable - mining until meteor
- Eomon - mining after meteor

Is Entropia in the gaps, just as in hunt and craft.

If on a field we'd have two Eomons living and on another field we'd have 40 snables, let's asume the 40 snables would produce same qty of sh*t as the Eomons :wise: While on the snable field would be very probable to step in some snable sh*t, on the eomon field you'd have to be very (un)lucky to step in some Eomon sh*t. But when you'd step, you'd step the whole leg :painter:

Legend:

where:

- snable - mining until meteor
- Eomon - mining after meteor

Lol, thats awesome, hahaha
:laugh:

Paper

Hi all,

Very interesting paper... I do mining for 2 years and thinked patterns are like straight line and now like random drops on field :) Must tested it in some systematic way.

Anyway, i discovered another "theory": patterns still are "line" but with graduate tt value... And start of pattern is marked as line with 90-degree to pattern line, maked by two small deposits... And it all is just "contained in one field"...

Picture: start with 2 x III

|||
.................IV............... XI
|||

Found something like that yesterday. I was coming from s and there was few small deps.

Sometimes i have impresion that after big depo (more on west on this picture)
there is depo with somethig rare... Sometimes it works, need testing. But yesterday it didn't work. Still on end of run i back to s from that two III deposits and found some azzurdite...

Maybe my painting agree with what Seamaster write about finding next field...

And about deposits value graduation "in line": looks it works, on CND too.

But, pls do not laught on me for noobish mining :) before i find anything i got two prospecting gains, and it was much closer to XI i found much later :)

And one more thing :> Skill gains show depo's for sure :) Problem is that claimed depost too :> My own claimed depos or someone else claimed too :)

Regards,

Net

Can somebody tell me what do u consider a vein?Is it a second find that u got after rebombing?

If yes,the this is not for me,because 99% of my rebombing ends with nrf...

Veins have been removed after... VU7? Not sure, anyway it's total randomness now. Need proof?

I carpet bomb an area and find nothing big. I double bomb every find since they are rare anyway. 15 minutes later someone else passes the same area and gets an 1.8k uber. Same gear used. 15 minutes. Difference between him and myself is that he is a big depositor and I'm not.

There are no veins, don't waste your peds on chasing wild dreams.

There are no veins, don't waste your peds on chasing wild dreams.

I'll try to prove this with a screenshot next time I am in.

Thank you for sharing Seamaster, and i do agree with you about veins :)

Is Seamaster still around?

I havent posted proof since the claims could not be seen on the screenshoots, they are after all some 200-300 meters apart. So I have been looking for a videorecorder with no time or space limitations. In that way I can more easily show what I mean.

/Sea

lol how can u call it a vein????? surely its just another find, some distance from the last .:rolleyes:

If you insist on looking for veins, whatever finds you find will resemble veins... :)

It only gets interesting if you get a (much) better return with this strategy compared to another.

Hi.

While many are waiting (including me) for VU 9.3 I thought it could be a good time to share some mining tips.

I've for the last months while mining noticed two interesting things regarding veins. So before I published the information I looked around @EF to see if something was written about it and also looked for some old notes lying around at my desk :coffee:.

What is interesting is that one of the tips was noted as early as 2005 and maybe before that. I found that interesting since I use that information today. I am not sure if this has been posted before.

Tip #1 :wise:
Look at the claims you've found and decide if the field is like this:

xxx (called field type A)
xxx

or this

xx (called field type B)
xx
xx

The problem you end up with is that you will not find more claims i.e. you've hit the fields border. Now here is the interesting part.

If you move 300 meters north or south from a field type A or 300 meters west or east from a field type B you will in many cases find a new field looking more or less like the one you've just left. Eventually this recurrence will stop tho. Still it is a cheap way to find a new field. Works for me.

Tip #2 :wise:
Veins tend to stretch further then one think. As many of you have seen of the mining data I released some fields or veins are as long as 2000-2500 meters. I would say that this is still the case. If you find a nice vein pay attention to the X or Y line and do not be surprised to find that the vein returns along the same line many, many 100 meters away with big blank holes between. If a vein ends for me I keep up the spirit and drop a bomb each and every 300 meters and voilá.

Well I guess I've atleast killed some minutes for you guys and gals while waiting for the new VU.

Happy "whatever u do".

/Seamaster

I don't think that this old information is still relevant. Enjoy your paper.

I havent posted proof since the claims could not be seen on the screenshoots, they are after all some 200-300 meters apart. So I have been looking for a videorecorder with no time or space limitations. In that way I can more easily show what I mean.

/Sea

Hypercam-X works extremely well for this purpose. The only limitation is has is the ammount of HD space you have. The program can be bought or found from almost any torrent site. Hope this helps you with your project.

If you insist on looking for veins, whatever finds you find will resemble veins... :)

It only gets interesting if you get a (much) better return with this strategy compared to another.

Wrong. Because your return in % will be pretty much the same over time, anyway. A higher hit frequency would only give you a lower average value of the claims you do find. ie 5 ped each from two different claims vs 10 ped in one claim and zero ped in the next. Crude example, but just to show what I mean.

For example a miner with less bankroll would be more interested in getting a stable return, instead of getting a higher chanse of a bigger find. Same with crafters - some do quantity, others do condition.

Exactly, back when I was a non depo player i was more interested in find consistant fields rather than large claims. Then I became a depositer and found both :D

Wrong. Because your return in % will be pretty much the same over time, anyway. A higher hit frequency would only give you a lower average value of the claims you do find. ie 5 ped each from two different claims vs 10 ped in one claim and zero ped in the next. Crude example, but just to show what I mean.

For example a miner with less bankroll would be more interested in getting a stable return, instead of getting a higher chanse of a bigger find. Same with crafters - some do quantity, others do condition.

wrong? :)
Only thing wrong I can find is your interpretation of what I meant with "return".
I simply meant ped back at the end of the day compared to ped spent, including everything.
Thats the bottom line, and if your strategy doesn't improve that, then your strategy isn't much use :)

And my main point was that if you insist of trying for veins (that is, looking mostly in vein-patterns), the odds are you will find something that looks like veins even if (note, "if") the system is fully random.

Where is Rattex when you need him :p

Thats the bottom line, and if your strategy doesn't improve that, then your strategy isn't much use :)

Exactly, because you can't exploit the system. :)

Exactly, because you can't exploit the system. :)

MA propably has done a lot to prevent this but even randomness has some logic too it ;) I would guess that if you had all the mining data of every miner out there you might see some interesting stuff.

Grtz Search & Extract

Oh I have my theories about all this depth nonsense. Problem is, I don't really have the time anymore...

Rattex well not me ether :D

Btw the veins are there but now they are wery far from each claim nowdays...

If you find a vein just run like seamaster say and you will be supriced he is was :D.

so and for the big finds well thats time based on each field and avatar better chance with bigger skills and better gears.

and yes with better skills and gear then you can do a better mining run each time.

over and out!

If I go mining and run a direction I find claims along the line I'm bombing (no shit sherlock), you can call this a vein but it really isn't.....

Veins have been removed, the ones that have 2 ends where you can keep bombing to find a new claim without misses.

These veins have claims not more than 50 meters away from eachother. If you have to walk more than 50 meters it's not a vein anymore (since you can't find it by walking the search radius in a linear direction).

Back