found Tiny(lvl II) while amped with 102?

desidude

Dominant
Society
Supremacy Reign
Srinivas Desidude Rao
hello miners

have u guys found tiny while the finder amped with 102?. i got 2 tiny's n 4-5 verypoor's(lvlIII) today, i still dont understand wtf point in amping:scratch2:

or is it common?

finders used 105/212's

Last edited:
Amping doesn't add a (I) to your loot for every number in the amp's name, contrary to what a bunch of people want to believe.

It just raises your chance of getting a better find, just like hunting larger mobs. You can get no-loots from killing atrox elites, just like finding a (II) while using an OA-109.

103amp can find size II too. just FYI.

just see amps as lotery tickets , you got cheap and expensive ones , some tickets give a nice price while others give nothing, sometimes the big price falls on a smaller ticket , wel its all sim sala bim to me ore hocus pocus what ever you wanna call it :laugh:

I beat u :(

Sure have , even worse Tiny lyst amped with OA 106. Do i need 2 mention i Dont use amps any longer!!

AMP are just a stupid thing added to make you spend more on each click...

Well a MA-102 amp has the same amplifying effect as the OA-101, and if you ever try those out youll find II and IIIs too but no one complains. Basically what happens is you find a small claim, and you amp it some. But since the MA-102 is a very very weak amp it doesnt blow it up as much as youd hope. Some of the II claims you get, you probably wouldnt have found without the amp tho... so its not all lost.

Yo Desi :)
I use 102's every now & then, and while generally the sizes found are 1 or 2 lvls higher than normal (V-VIII instead of III-VI) you do get the odd II & a lot more III's than I'd like :(
Overall I think it does even out & you should be able to get the amp price back on top of what you'd normally find unamped but of course there are still good/bad runs. The real benefit comes when you find something that would have been a global unamped in which case the extra the amp gives you could be enough for another 1-2 amps from 1 claim.

p.s I'm talking about ores here, never used an en-amp

Affraid you are comparing apples to pears here Egg90.

The OA-102 is twice as efficient as the MA-102. The OA has twice the amplifying effect.

10charlong

Last edited:
Affraid you are comparing apples to pears here Egg90.

The OA-102 is twice as efficient as the MA-102. The OA has twice the amplifying effect.

Desi never specified ore or enmatter just 102amp. As I can only comment on OA's there was no comparison made in my post.

oops thought i'd stopped the sending of previous post :rolleyes: will clear it now

Ah, you are right. I guess the thread starter edited out MA, cus im 100% sure it was there before.

mmm actually i had those tiny's with enmatter only, i had never found tiny with ores though

First of all - MA wont let you get more than it is really there to spend...

I have an example when I was running around and got XXIII
My soc asked if I was amped - I wasnt - they said - uuu if you were it would be an ATH.

I dont believe that. I dont think that MA would let me get XXVI just because I bought some stupid amp... (we are talking US$10k+ here)

Therefore - instead of buying an amp - just get 240 more probes, that will probably get your global chances up more than buying enmatamp 102...

I.

P.S. I never mine ores - just enmaters ;)

It DOES increase your claim size. I've been experiencing proof of this hundreds of times. Like on CND, u almost always hit a X or Xl, with 103 amp slapped on this sum grows 3 times, 20 ped>60 30 ped>90

But you can still find tiny or VP, cuz of the stones in the ground not being big enough to find without an amp. I have several times found a claim were i actually couldnt claim it cuz the size were to small! With an lets say a oa 109 this may be a IV find.

Back