Question: Fps limit

PreyNaika

Stalker
Isa Naika Prey
Hey all

Does anyone know how to increase the fps Limit in entropia? I know it was possible back in Times but i dont find the .bin to increase the limit

Reason behind my question is i runn 390 hz and the fps sticks around 250 Max if i remember right, last time i checked. My System got no issue @ all to runn above that.. wuld love to make use of the 390 hz

With the game engine being so ancient and mostly single threaded if you can get over 200 fps already then thats amazing. As far as I know there is no game fps cap, just whatever one core of your CPU can do.

Ryzen 9 5950x here
Edit: 7950X3D possible upgrade but wuld have to see if my Mainboard Covers this , had to do a Update for the 5950x already lol

I think i remember that if you runned over the "cap" your Avatar got Stuck every now and then , i have no Clue how this is related to fps but it was, had to put it back to default

Last edited:
You want 390 fps 😐 you running on 720p? Cryengine sucks ass

Till the next engine I would say that what you got is sufficient. There is no need to put a Ferrari engine in a Lada

Ryzen 9 5950x here
Edit: 7950X3D possible upgrade but wuld have to see if my Mainboard Covers this , had to do a Update for the 5950x already lol

I think i remember that if you runned over the "cap" your Avatar got Stuck every now and then , i have no Clue how this is related to fps but it was, had to put it back to default

7000 series Ryzern is a different socket type so get ready to buy a new motherboard and DDR5 if you are going that route.

FHD 1080p
Ips Pannel + backlight strobing
Actualy just for cs:go
FHD? thats so old :D When i go back to that time i did run the game in 5760*1080

Forget the 200+ FPS. Run 2k or 4k and all on max settings. + force the game to run better settings as well inside Nvidia control panel.
150fps and crystal clear image ! # Remeber the gaming monitor supporting it all :D I use a 32'' 4k on my RTX.
I do not see why you need any more FPS :D

...the game engine being so ancient and mostly single threaded ...
Thanks for the explanation, I was wondering why I couldn't reach the 120 Hz of my screen, with my graphic card being used @~50%.
As I see, my CPU (6700-K, 8 cores) is at 22%, which explain the issue. :)

FHD? thats so old :D When i go back to that time i did run the game in 5760*1080

Forget the 200+ FPS. Run 2k or 4k and all on max settings. + force the game to run better settings as well inside Nvidia control panel.
150fps and crystal clear image ! # Remeber the gaming monitor supporting it all :D I use a 32'' 4k on my RTX.
I do not see why you need any more FPS :D

Its smoother in pvp

Since i generaly choose fps to be more valueable then graphics it wuld also impact my Ability in other games like for example cs:go

Its smoother in pvp

Since i generaly choose fps to be more valueable then graphics it wuld also impact my Ability in other games like for example cs:go

I done a lot of PVP, all from fun to landgrab ect. I even have a killing spree ATH 100+ kills'
To be honest, I never paid attention to the fps in Entropia. (( the abow 100 )) Even tho ofc fps do have a lot to do with that type of game play.
But for Entropia and MMO games I dont feel the abow 100 fps give any help at all.
To much other small things, serer problems, small bugs, and all the normal things in a large MMO platform.

Meet 20 players in Entropia in a real figth or join a event. your abow 100fps is in no need at all xD

But what can i say..... more then 50 000 hours in FPS games, and MMO's ect ect. 10k of it in Entropia if not more. 70% of that time if not more!! no screen did ever support that frame rate! as it was not on the marked yet :D

But for COD, CS , BF.. more fps is better ofc ! But i never needed more then 100 fps to get on 1st place of 64 players :D i miss BF2.

Back