Free Space: a group of space nomads

mitsuwa

Provider
Imagine for a moment, you're in a quad, flying with a group of a dozen other quads. Where you're going? Who cares, you're among friends, drifting happily to whatever planet takes your fancy. Being attacked is no worry, there are numerous skilled pilots at your starboard and port. No one would dare engage your flight.
A few moments pass, and a station comes into view, quietly standing in the vast expanse of space, a beacon of civilization. Once there you go your separate ways. a group flys at the training grounds, eager to hunt the mobs present there. More go to the planet; hunting, trading, mining, whatever they please. At the end of the day, everyone comes back together, bragging about their exploits. The miners had a good haul, the hunters have shot all their ammo, and the traders have stocked up on planet exclusive goods. Everyone is content. The time is set for the next flight.
Cooperation, protection, and a feeling of belonging. And all you had to do was show up in a quad.

Free Space is a newly forming soc based on roaming from planet to planet, living in space, and providing mutual protection among their numbers. There will be no requirement to join, aside from being willing to contribute to the society at large. Contribution can be as simple as flying with the group and providing protection, offering small donations to fuel your companions engines and guns, or (once we acquire one) crewing a starship as repair. They would be small contributions, but some level of cooperation is required to make this work. Members should acquire and use their own quads. Flying with a friend is perfectly reasonable to keep costs to a minimum, but you shouldn't be constantly leeching off of others for no return. Take turns flying, and everyone wins.

If you are at all interested in becoming a Free Spacer, want more information, or just have a few questions, feel free to friend request Lunar Mitsuwa Blaze in game. We have a few people lined up to be officers already, but we need a handful more to make this as effective as we would like. As it stands, we're likely to change planets twice a week, moving to whatever planet we want to.

The benefits are obvious: a group of like minded pilots, who are all interested in your safety, and move around frequently. Information will flow freely, be it how to fight in space, or whats happening in another planets market. The cons? It isn't free passage. We don't "charge" members for membership, but we most certainly expect you to contribute to the cause. The cause? Being free, being in space, and being safe.

Members who are interested in combat can expect to learn something with us. I've personally lead several fights against pirates, along side people I've trained, with some great successes. I will personally show you the ins and outs of flying a quad effectively, and help you get over that initial learning curve for the smallest amount of ped possible. Getting your wings at minimal cost cant possibly be easier than with us! The skills I'll show you will put you at a great advantage when it comes to evading or killing any of the vast number of unskilled cannon fodder pirates that you see now days. (not to say there aren't some that still shoot me up occasionally ;) )
The things you'll learn are: proper fight avoidance, attack angles (getting the best shot, and making them have an awful shot), privateer/mothership defence operation, flying and fighting in a group, and even some basic theoretical training on the use of a mounted starship gun!

We now have a ship lined up for purchase, as well as enough members to start the soc proper! Soon Free Space will be a reality, active in the EU universe!

~Lunar Mitsuwa Blaze

Last edited:
getting 12 Entropians to do the same thing, at the same time, with out conflict.

Ever been to a sweat circle?

Good luck!!:wise:

Something i'm well aware of XD

Until we have a ship, so we can move people regardless of if they are on or off, this is really our only option.
I'm weighing my options very carefully of course. I may end up buying a low SI ship in the near future just to facilitate this.

Be careful isn't an option but mandatory.

Another important note you should remember is:
the way that some people say that Goldy got the PED to buy a MS.

good luck with ur idea I hope it becomes reality :) Dont be so sure no one will attack you tho :D I think another space soc may be out looking for you hehe

The thing I love about this game is its amazing interactive complexity. It allows room for so many different styles of play and even styles of being together and interacting with others.

I love space and so many of the good ideas I see elder spacefarers putting forth to make it even better ( are you listening at all MA??).

It's taking me a while to get my economic feet on the ground but as I do (and it is happening) you will see me in space more and more.

Mitsuwa, one thing I have noticed is that the first thing that happens after I share a creative idea that looks worth trying and just *might* have potential, 99% are going to respond by telling me all the reasons it can't possibly work. :) Then I go do it :)

Some of us love the idea of a greater social interaction bonded by common interests and an understanding of mutual, reciprocal, positive reinforcement :).

I have commitments planetside for a while yet, plus I still need to get a Quad properly armed.

But you will see me one day. Perhaps in the meantime you might find me asking to tag along for a week or two as I get freed up and move more toward the final frontier :)

Don't listen to the naysayers :) Just do it.

Anybody got a cheap Kismet or Porcupine? lol

glad to see some serious interest in this ^-^
One of the things we're looking at is encouraging other people to fly passenger on our roams for a little ped, just to give us a little income. It's like a quad taxi service, except there's a small army of you! we'd be heading there anyway, so prices could be fairly minimal. Again, everyone wins!

Looking forward to flying with you!

Edit: updated the OP with some information on the combat training.

Last edited:
Hi, I would be very interested to work with/for you.
I'm quite poor you see, and since I was born all I wanted to do was explore the universe... see the planets..
So what I most want is to be a pilot, but I'd gladly be a crew member for now. Gunner or whatever?

Will check back ITT ;)

... but later this article was published under a different name: "The First Chapter of EU Star Wars" :)

Good luck, have fun!

Update.. I now have a spacefairing craft! Still very interested to join this group, especially if it's conducive to my new transport business :)
Will add you ingame or add me Ichibu Ichi Pondera

We now have an operational pathfinder, and even completed our first paid flight today! We have placed crew, who ride with us for free, in charge of spamming. Finding a customer earns you commission! Trade between planets as we move, work and live with us in space, and earn some ped doing it with free space!

Back