Free TeamSpeak Server

Planned downtime – maintenance

Thuesday, September the 9th between 07:00AM – 12:00 noon (GMT+1 Swedish time)

The teamspeak.se/starbase.se voice chat server will be down for a planned maintenance. The services may be accessible on and off during this time, but will not be reliable until the maintenance is completed at approximately 12:00 GMT+1 noon. The maintenance is done to exchange the power supply and the primary network interface in the server. Also to upgrade and patch the server operation system in order to eliminate suspected instability reported the other week.

EDIT: Added time zone

Last edited:
Oh GREAT ... now how am I supposed to have a birthday party on TS if it's down, EH? Just kidding ... there are other alternatives available, so no biggie, but ... I'm not sure what times you're talking about here ... are these MA times? If so, then are the times listed in red accurate? 7am - 12am? ... or should that be 12 noon?

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Added time zone :)

Sorry MS9, it's during times on a day when least people use it. I just took an average low usage from the visitors log. And I am also doing other things in my appartment as replacing my fuse cabinet which I have hired an electrician to do :)

Added time zone :)

Sorry MS9, it's during times on a day when least people use it. I just took an average low usage from the visitors log. And I am also doing other things in my appartment as replacing my fuse cabinet which I have hired an electrician to do :)

It's not a problem Hon ... I was just being silly, but I'm still not sure what times you're talking about ... is it MA/ingame time? AND ... it's nice that you're doing the maintenance to help keep things stable ... your service is much appreciated my dear, so thank you. ;)

It's not a problem Hon ... I was just being silly, but I'm still not sure what times you're talking about ... is it MA/ingame time? AND ... it's nice that you're doing the maintenance to help keep things stable ... your service is much appreciated my dear, so thank you. ;)

:) What do you mean "what times" ? It's 07:00AM - 12:00 noon GMT+1 (a total of 5 hours) Did I write something strange that I overlooked?

:) What do you mean "what times" ? It's 07:00AM - 12:00 noon GMT+1 (a total of 5 hours) Did I write something strange that I overlooked?

Sorry my dear ... I must be having one of those virtual moments ... I got it straight ... which means it should be from 03:00 - 08:00am for me. :D Sorry for the confusion ... sometimes I hit that glitch in the matrix and it screws things up. :laugh:

Sorry my dear ... I must be having one of those virtual moments ... I got it straight ... which means it should be from 03:00 - 08:00am for me. :D Sorry for the confusion ... sometimes I hit that glitch in the matrix and it screws things up. :laugh:

Cool :) I thought it was me :D

Hi could you add a Freelancer channel?

Hm, I will think about it. We could try have one. I have tryed to have "general" channels before, but the where abused hard. I will see tonight when I get home.

Hi could you add a Freelancer channel?

I have now created a freelancer channel. It'll be on trial though. If it gets messy I will remove it again. I will send you the password for it in a minute, and I'll make you the boss of this channel. :)

*maintenance bump* :)

The teamspeak.se/starbase.se voice chat server will be down for a planned maintenance. The services may be accessible on and off during this time, but will not be reliable until the maintenance is completed at approximately 12:00 GMT+1 noon. The maintenance is done to exchange the power supply and the primary network interface in the server. Also to upgrade and patch the server operation system in order to eliminate suspected instability reported the other week.

Every channel is passworded :confused:.

Just sitting in muted lobby :[

Every channel is passworded :confused:.

Just sitting in muted lobby :[

Yes, every channel has a password ... if you don't belong to a soc or group that has had a channel created by e-lite , then you can't automatically get into one. If you do belong to a group who has a channel, then you have to get the password from one of the members, or be invited by a member of another group who will give you their password.

Another bump for the maintenance. There will also be no new channels or changes to channels until after this service.

Team Speak is good :yay:

So In Australia the times would be 16:00 - 21:00 or for those who don't know 24H clock - 4pm to 9pm Australian Eastern Standard Time
Still on Tuesday 9th September :ahh:

Just a quick bump for this. Tomorrow it's time :) The teamspeak service was moved to a new server allready, the old one was in too poor quality to be upgraded. Service will be down tomorrow anyway in order to replace my power supply cabinett.

starbase is one of EU's great resources, we dont use it as much as we used to, but Pyrates have a great history of teamspeak and starbase.
thx E-lite for keeping this place for all entropians to voice themselves to others. :)

Okay everything is done :) didnt have time to post earlier today. My power cabinett has been exchanged by the electrician. The change in plans though was that I scraped the old server completley, and moved teamspeak to a brand new linux server. This new server will also have a weekly scheduled maintenance window at sundays 12:00 noon to 13:00 GMT+1. This window does not mean that the service will be down a full hour every sunday. It's simply a window where I can reboot the server for patches and upgrades and other things. I'd add this to my initial post if I could.

Important - Possible downtime TONIGHT

Hello! My internet gateway box is very overloaded. It was designed and built 7 years ago back when I had only 1mbit internet connection. It has served well and been upgraded with latest software all the time. But now it is running on almost 100% CPU all the time. I have built and installed a new gateway box which should be well over dimensioned for this task. Though I now have to bring down the network and hook up this new gateway and install all routing rules and snort definitions. As I want to do this as soon as possible I would like to do this tonight on my spare time. The downtime should not need to be more then an hour. I am planing to do the switch at 18:00-19:00 CEST (Swedish time). If everything goes well the downtime could just aswell be only 10-15 minutes. But yeah, you know computers... :rolleyes:

Work is done :) went quite okay except that I now have a new IP address. I have updated the DNS's, but it'll take up to 24 hours for it to spread world wide, so in case you's have connectivity issues for starbase.se or teamspeak.se, please use this IP for the day:

[IP removed, DNS's seems to be updated now]

thanx

Last edited:
Just FYI, Tonight I am clearing out all registered users who has not been online since 2006 from the user database. Keeping the place tidy :)

EDIT:

226 inactive accounts deleted
59 registered but "never online" deleted
12 "ugly names" accounts deleted.

344 active accounts verified in 117 society channels :)

Last edited:
Just FYI, Tonight I am clearing out all registered users who has not been online since 2006 from the user database. Keeping the place tidy :)

EDIT:

226 inactive accounts deleted
59 registered but "never online" deleted
12 "ugly names" accounts deleted.

344 active accounts verified in 117 society channels :)

Nice job there e-lite ... thank you SO much for providing such an awesome service to the community ... it's really appreciated. ;)

hey elite .. i seem to have trubels connecting.

can you maybe post ip again ?

hey elite .. i seem to have trubels connecting.

can you maybe post ip again ?

Could you please try connecting using address: teamspeak.se or starbase.se

There should be no problems now, all DNS's has been updated.

EDIT: I see you online there now, so I guess you got it working. Do you know what the problem was?

EDIT2: General notice: On sunday I am gonna need to use the full service window.

Last edited:
EF_post.jpg

Bumping this. The first post has got a new face :)

Hey m8 if you want to know how to put a graphic logo into the teamspeak client window let me know if you already know then ignor this post :)

Allready have one there :) Thanks though!

Hey m8 if you want to know how to put a graphic logo into the teamspeak client window let me know if you already know then ignor this post :)

This is a great package use it all the time and no lag in game. we all should use it. so load it and get your society to get involved:yay:

Back