From shogun to... Ghost? Gremlin? 5b's? Or new gun?

What should i buy?

• Ghost

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Gremlin

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • 5b plates

Votes: 44 44.4%
  • A bigger gun (specify)

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other (elaborate please)

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters

Mojoswoptops

Old Alpha
Society
Zoku
Mojo 'Panic' Swoptops
Hey guys, been playin bout 6 months. Been runnin round in shogun most of that time. It serves me great. Allows me to kill most mobs i desire, those being the ones i've come across and killed, or ones i sought out to hunt. So my point is, i have looted 3 gremlin bits over that time. But, will gremlin help me kill formi's? Will ghost allow me to take bigger argo's. I mean i have a fair idea. Lol, i guess i just want others opinion on whether to invest my fair sized next deposit or just keep grinding away (which is whats fun for me bout this game by the way!). Happy to hear all opinions. My stats are nearly 104 hp level 22 laser sniper i think level 7 or so evader (must check) 48 or 9 agi. Pretty irrelevant really. Gun hp justi mk2 :yay:

Last edited:
my opinion...

forget the formis for now, get 5bs for the shogun. rascal for argos. save your gremlin for crystal palace trips, its a nice set to have around. you can get ghost when you skill up more in defense skills, dont go overkill and waste peds on decay. Ghost is affordable for its protection but most use it on mobs where it is not needed. For instance an argo hunter and above might warrant ghost but otherwise use rascal. You can keep the plates and trade up the armor when needed. I would never sell the gremlin.

edit: i just finished reading your post lol. you are ready for ghost, but i wouldnt sell the gremlin or the shogun. also the mk2 might not be the most eco for your rifle level, check the sib ladder on this forum and care bear's weapon compare, too drunk and tired to post links, ill try to remember and add.

Last edited:
Thats the only reason i don't already have ghost. All my friends do, and i mean all. And they pay thru the ass for decay while i laugh in my shogun. Always liked gremlin, it's got great protection and looks cool. Not to mention i've looted half already. Whatever i choose, i'll keep all armors i own. Bit sentimental. Lol.

Ghost+8a was my choice :)

Thanks guys. I've found a good deal on a ghost suit minus foots so thats next. Less than 300 ped tho, not a big investment, i've spent more on a limited gun lol. But i think i will continue this mission of obtaining armors. Oh, should've added vigi to the list. Any ballpark figures on a set? And ball park on 7 5b's? Cheers again guys.

5b is the best eco for us.
Mk II only use it when u reach lvl at least 50 (lots of ppl suggest lvl 70)

Definitely get some 5B's (or 8AL if you don't mind the L plates)

The give you options, put em on you Shogun for a mob increase.

Same with 6A, chuck them on your shogun for some bigger bots.

Then work on getting more armours:)

buy gremlin ... or gremlin + 5b , i choosed gremlin after shogun and was very satisfied with my choise , but ofc ghost offers more protection against bigger mobs thats why u should invest in a set 5b too

I'm gonna vote for the 5B too, those you will never grow out of (and then you can lend them to me too :D) Otherwise, join the ghost club, you know you want to ;)

To Ghost or Gremlin is a big step, and will also cost you a lot in decay. Moreover to fight drones you will eventually need Vigi.

I suggest you will get better enjoyment at much lower cost for the time being by having

Paladin with 5A plates for Atrox,etc, with 6A plates for Drones
Kobold with 4C plates for Feffoids and Allophyll.

Spend the change on better weapons and ammo. You will need it.

Well 5b's and ghost look like clear winners in the poll. Thanks to the selling thread, i've organised a set of ghost for plus 27 ped which seems good to me. So the 5b's next and completing the gremlin shortly after. Thanks for the help to make up my mind all. Plus rep to all i can plus rep too without having to spread! Cheers.

considering that you aren't a level 80-100 laser sniper you should lose the justifier mk2
as long it isn't improved or something for sure ;)

even if you had maxed the justifier mk2 (doubtful), the lr32 has 10 damage per sec more

considering that you didn't max the mk2 (likely), even more dam per sec and far better eco

with 10 dam per sec more you gonna kill the mobs easier and faster, hence you will have less armor decay
(don't come with it is L and it has markup, with your current hit ability you spend more than the markup on a lr32 just to heat the air with missed shots AND you even pay more armor decay already than you would with the lr32)

to the armor

depending on what you want to hunt, ghost is overrated
you can get a better protection with shogun+5B with far better protection and better protection/pec decay

you could also consider predator (L) armor with 5B plates, the pred bought til max 115%, rather 110%, would be cheaper than ghost and shogun then for a better/similar protection

ghost however is good with 5b plates for higher stuff, like a team hunt on hogglo young

so my thinking, tends to be like this
as long you don't need the protection of ghost+5b, you are often better of with something smaller (shogun, predator L, pixie, gnome) with 5b plates which comes very close or tops ghost for a better protection/pec figure

but imo, at the moment your worst problem is the justifier mk2, not the armor

depending on what you want to hunt, ghost is overrated
you can get a better protection with shogun+5B with far better protection

lol. no you cant, why say that? Ghost is only considered overratted by those who have nemesis, boar or bear costing thousands of ped more.

What is it with the perpetual smear campaign against Ghost? yes, you will get a bit more decay on a hunt than with gremlin or shogun, but the ghost user is spending less on fapping so less decay there and more damage/sec. against atrox. atrax etc ghost offers over 50% more protection than shogun. against impact mobs such as longu, ambu there is a 90% improvement. Argo somewhere inbetween. and you can hunt electric and cold mobs without fapping like mad. formidon... niether shogun or ghost unplated is good idea there.

ghost issues aside, best bet is 5b because you be able to put them on anything, even vigi for certain mobs ;)

but imo, at the moment your worst problem is the justifier mk2, not the armor

Yep, stop using this gun right now and watch your repair bill go way down.

As mentioned, 5b on anything is the way to go. I can take an argo hunter in pixie with 2a plates. why? Cause I got a big ass gun and he's lucky to hit me once before he's dead. Kill fast and hard and your armor becomes second thought.

You need to invest in a better weapon my friend.

lol. no you cant, why say that? Ghost is only considered overratted by those who have nemesis, boar or bear costing thousands of ped more.
actually, i have ghost ;)

and i agree on the prices of nemesis etc as well

What is it with the perpetual smear campaign against Ghost? yes, you will get a bit more decay on a hunt than with gremlin or shogun, but the ghost user is spending less on fapping so less decay there and more damage/sec. against atrox. atrax etc ghost offers over 50% more protection than shogun. and you can hunt electric and cold mobs without fapping like mad. formidon... niether shogun or ghost unplated is good idea there.
correct and agreed on

but i said "shogun+5b" compared to "ghost"

and then the shogun5B user is better off against atrox, argos, atrax, etc.
with more decay indeed, but also better protection
thats the same discussion as the comparing nemesis to ghost
ofc nemesis has less decay, it has less protection as well

against impact mobs such as longu, ambu there is a 90% improvement. Argo somewhere inbetween.
again i said shogun5b, not shogun

in this special case, you have 3 more protection in impact

decay ghost on ambu (19 impact): 1.439
shogun 5b (22 if i am not mistaken):1.481

again the dam per sec (since you fap less) especially on ambu gonna be better
since ambus have kinda many HP you will get more hits, so the 3 protection more gonna add up rather soon

pretty similar against bigger argos, even 7 protection more with shogun 5b

and when you use ghost against smaller argos, atrox, etc you overpay big time

with shogun alone not
as soon you want to go bigger you can simply plate your shogun with 5b, that makes you more flexible in this case as well

but when you just want to use ghost alone against those standard mobs you are better of with shogun and 5b plates

leaves the cold and electric mobs

cold is done by thorifiods (spelling?) 100%, the dam of them tends to go that high that ghost wont help there
chompers, i guess we can leave those for solo killing aside as well ;)
but in team ghost is useful

feffiods
a full ghost set tt is around 350 ped, no markup included

for that you get easily kobold (132 ped tt max, no markup), which will serve you well up to clan warlord

leaves the electric mobs

starting with bristlehogs
til around guardian you can do as well with a set of 6B plates (322 ped, tt+markup, still cheaper than ghost, just the feet cost that much btw)

above guardian ghost+6b is useful though
i hunted til stalker just with ghost, and i was quite often fapping #D

cersumons
if you really want to try, ghost alone won't help, you need a set of 6b anyway

tezlapods
against those you can argue, but i guess ghost+6b would be best there
ghost alone could do though (although i get the smaller ones without armor and not much fapping)

-----
considering that you can get kobold and 6B plates for the tt and markup of ghost at the moment most likely, you have quite some other opportunities, as well with some other options plates offer you, which i won't go into ;)
-----

now on the other hand, as i said, i have ghost
although i use it less often nowadays than i used to

it is, especially compared to nemesis (and here especially to the nemesis prices :laugh:) a great armor

considering the price of bear or boar (say around 5000 ped to get a figure)
for which you get ghost+vigi and still have a couple of k ped left

considering that ghost beats bear in all melee mobs, and vigi beats bear in all protection against bots

also that ghost beats boar in melee protection and vigi is equal to boar in bot protection

you are better of with ghost+vigi in most cases

except of course, that you need bot and melee armor at the same time
although there are just around 5 areas where this could be needed

my point being is, that ghost isn't the best armor out there for everything, there are other options, especially for lower mobs and also other options to reach a similar protection to ghost, often better protection/pec ratio

however, the choice between shogun and 5b plates beats ghost usually
except you can't afford the plates of course ;) (which was one reason why i got the ghost first btw, although i have the plates now as well and use ghost less often ;) )

still, ghost is a great armor, especially compared to the similar armors (especially the prices of them) around

apologies, i always assume comparing armours with or without plates. to compare one including plates with another sans plates seems a little unfair, especially give the relative cost of 5b plates to the armours in question.

apologies, i always assume comparing armours with or without plates. to compare one including plates with another sans plates seems a little unfair, especially give the relative cost of 5b plates to the armours in question.
it is indeed, but it was the question of the threadstarter #D

i agree that ghost is a pretty good armor

but comparing the investment of a full 5b set to ghost, ghost gonna win

in the protection/decay maybe not, but that explains the price

also that ghost5b beats angel armor in impact is a funny thing ;)

when you compare 5b cost to other armor however, like boar etc.
you are far cheaper of with 5B

generally, when you use plates the right way, it is more eco than unplated armor in most of the cases

and the more eco things tend to get quite funny prices in EU as we know :)

besides

its more or less like comparing a p4a with amp and a korss without #D
and now the question
who here amps his weapons?
i do ;)

Last edited:
I do to. =P thanks alice for a comprehensive response. Thanks everyone for you opinion and advice. The reason those things are on the list is cos i want them all! And will get them in time, just wanted to know where to start. So the 5b saving fund begins now. =P

Hey guys, been playin bout 6 months. Been runnin round in shogun most of that time. It serves me great. Allows me to kill most mobs i desire, those being the ones i've come across and killed, or ones i sought out to hunt. So my point is, i have looted 3 gremlin bits over that time. But, will gremlin help me kill formi's? Will ghost allow me to take bigger argo's. I mean i have a fair idea. Lol, i guess i just want others opinion on whether to invest my fair sized next deposit or just keep grinding away (which is whats fun for me bout this game by the way!). Happy to hear all opinions. My stats are nearly 104 hp level 22 laser sniper i think level 7 or so evader (must check) 48 or 9 agi. Pretty irrelevant really. Gun hp justi mk2 :yay:

Looks like you just kicked off another shogun vs ghost vs neme vs.... thread. :D

However, let's get back to helping you out. Yes, I saw you bought the ghost and are trying to build a grem set. Congratulations.

However, I also read where you said your friends all hated ghost's decay, yet with your evade, I dare say you'll son join the crying squad.

"The best defense is a good offense". You are building up your defense much more than your offense, and that'll cost ya.

Ditch the Mk.II and go the (L) route. Yeah it sucks buying guns all the time, but...

Also improve your evade as much as you can, as quick as you can. Better evade skills means you get hit less.

You and I could hunt the same mob, using the same low level gun that we're both maxed on, using the same armor and fap, and I guarantee I'll have a lower decay bill then you. Why? I have more evade then you.

"The right tool for the right job". Keep your shogun, keep your ghost, build your collection, (I've got 6 sets and 5 plate sets.)

But build your evade skill and more important, build your offense. Get the biggest guns you can afford and use. (Research the decay bills, of course, as well as dmg potential)

Good luck and happy hoffing.

Ok, i've started bidding on the 5b's. I currently have 4b's but they are a friends he will want them back one day! I also want 6a plates. I have kobold but i only use it for fefs. Is is any good for other mobs? I also want vigi. I've just decided to make frequent scheduled deposits. I started this thread to get good advise so i don't just fritter my money away every day! Much appreciated guys. Any advice on guns would be great too. Really i think i should just fork out the money for limited guns more often. I bloody love hunting when i've got a nice big damage gun. regardless of cost. (well, to a point =p ) :yay:

to compare one including plates with another sans plates seems a little unfair

Why unfair.
The OP asked if he should buy ghost or 5b plates.
He already has Shogun, so its better to add 5b plates to shogun instead buying a ghost and still be unplated.

I recomend 5b plates in that case and surely an L Rifle that is maxed.

Back