Question: Fruit, dung, stones - what am I doing wrong?

iancampbell

Alpha
Society
Global Alliance
Christopher Chris Kinnison
OK. I am definitely a noob - 12 agility I think, and the best skill I have is Green. I have been playing for about 2 weeks now, maybe 3 hours a day, and have never found any of these pickup items. What am I doing wrong? One way I've been trying to make finding this stuff more likely is to walk a lot - typically if I have just been killed and revived on one of my many sweating runs, walk to where the mobs are instead of just standing around and then running.

Is there any particular spot where there is more stuff to pick up? Any particular point-of-view settings? Etc.

Hi and welcome to the forum :) I don't think there's much more you can do to improve your chances of finding these things, as u already knew that u should walk. From a personal experience, I've found most fruit and stones on Treasure Island, but I think the chances are the same everywhere.

lol, I didn't provide so much help, but gl anyway :p

btw, u should zoom out when u walk also

Is there any particular spot where there is more stuff to pick up? Any particular point-of-view settings? Etc.
on grayish land without trees and bushes, stuff is somewhat easier to notice. however, I haven't found much of anything near North Space Base, which would seem to be a perfect spot; on the other hand, near Billy's and Camp Phoenix the area seems to be quite good. "seems" because I doubt anyone has reliable stats. :D

as regards point of view, I prefer top-down, zoomed out.

and finally - fruit and stones aren't that common. based on my experience, I reckon average frequency of finds may be somewhere between 3 and 5 finds per hour of walking.

Argus and Phoenix.

I've seen dung at Argus and Phoenix before... I won't say where exactly because I don't remember exact coords... I've found stones in a number of different places... Basically go for a walk for at least 20 minutes in any one direction and you may (or may not) find something along the way... It seems like you it may be time based or something, so you might need to walk for no less than X amount of minutes or just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Wouldn't it be more fun to walk around the parking lot of a mall and try to find some dollars dropped?

Wouldn't it be more fun to walk around the parking lot of a mall and try to find some dollars dropped?

Yeah that`s probably more profitable and you get some real excersize too.

When I first started playing years ago there was fruit and dung but no stones. I did`nt find any for what seemed like 6 months or a year. Granted I did`nt do much walking and still don`t unless I`m so weighted down that I can`t run. I seem to find that stuff when I stop to drill a claim out mining. But that is`nt often at all. When I do find it it seems to come in waves or I`ll find it when an area is giving up resources. If I find fruit I take it as a good sign. I sure would`nt rely on it to make PED but I know a few who have tried and given up after a while. It`s just too unreliable from my perspective. If you are intent to collect these resources a better strategy would be to go sweating and just walk back to the mobs after you get killed. That way your not completely wasting your time.

try the guide in my signiture

and don't forget, of you see some dung/fruuit/stones and are too slow. Just wait a couple of minutes and it will reappear.
Would be more fun to deposit $10 and go on a hunt though

I'd be doing a lot of walking, considering that I live in England. ;) But I see your point. However, my self-imposed goal is to get somewhere without depositing - others have, why shouldn't I?

I might be wrong, but it seems to me that a lot of sweating early on might stand me in good stead for the mindforce and defense skills; Evade is my best skill by miles and Concentration isn't far behind.

funny you say that. Since i started playing i will now see a nickel on the ground and think say to myself "i should pick that up thats 50 pec":twocents::twocents::twocents:

my advice would be sweat more look for fruit and stones less. sweating is more profitable and gains skills.

Back