Frustration

I find it interesting how many top level players have replied to this thread with the same thoughts the OP has. The same top level players who constantly post in other people's losing threads about how smart they are at understanding the loot cycles and how stupid those people must be to be continously losing. If anybody dares to say those top level players simply have lucky avatars then they are shot down in flames and told it's insulting to the person who has the loot system/cycles all worked out. Those people are clever and have it all worked out, they are not just lucky. Yeah ok :D

Hell we even have one who so vocally gave advice to newcomers on how to play for virtually nothing with comments such as, stick on Corns until you have 3K ped on your card etc etc... Another camps a certain area in space and continually profits and so on and so forth.

Bottom line is Entropia is entertainment and entertainment cost money. Nobody really profits from hunting in the long run although they may get lucky and not pay to play for a long time giving the illusion of a working theory of the game.

mid and low level players kept complaining that übers with skills and gear keep profiting like mad and the other 98% of players just keep paying and paying. looks like this is not true, at least for all übers. which is fine. the effect of gear and skill might only be to being capable of hunting bigger stuff with less support (team members/fappers etc) compared to mid/low lvl crowd. to profit takes more than eco and dps and defense pro stand, so the gap between über and noob is getting closer in regards to ped spent per hour.

to reduce losses/ turn on profits: scout, try out alternatives and evaluate them. sounds less thrilling then tanking 20 aurli on cp but may lead to better ped balance.

Hmm.. three questions

Do you focus on using the DOA or the MM?
The DOA's eco isn't higher than L weapons, even when maxed.

Did you ever do any extensive tests to see how high your miss % is?
If you have a bit of packet loss or lagg on your line this could add to your miss %, and explain your loss.

Is your armor decay higher than the average markup on the loot you get?
Pretty much self explanatory

A few thoughts;

1. You profited in skills, in my view theres no way you couldn't have with your equipment.
2. So how did you do in 2008 ,2007? why i ask;

was items and 10k ped, hard to estimate but around 120-130k I'd say. I'll leave it up to the buyer to come forward if he wants to, but I guess it won't take long untill it's out there anyways :silly2:

if you lose 12kped this year really does it matter if you profited 100k plus last?

3. :)

Hmm.. three questions

If you have a bit of packet loss or lagg on your line this could add to your miss %, and explain your loss.

Akoz makes some good points here.

The MM is a fast gun and if you have any kind of lag issues then missed shots can be a real problem.

I have issues with missed shots with fast guns... a lot of issues. This might sound stupid but I swear it works for me. While shooting make sure to slightly move the crosshairs just a little with each shot. Doing this (for me at least) ensures that the vast majority of my shots don’t miss.

Every time I catch myself missing several shots in a row over and over it’s because I am standing there with the cross hairs fixed on the same position while I’m clicking away.

Reactions: dj.
Hi

Ive read through this entire thread and i believe she is not whining however, some points need to take in consideration on the financial side.

Withdraw to Deposits ratio (even though ive never withdrawn)

How much items you chuck in the TT - that does strongly effect you, getting markup for low markup items is not necessarily a good thing.

MA are swinging towards L weapons and when new 80+ level weapons come out it could all change, ive noticed lately unlimited weapons suck, I do better with an XT than an imp21 lately (i dont have uber,uber weapons, nor could i ever afford them)

All decay from weapons as well as ammo goes into the loot pool - Mod Merc (hardly any decay) therefore less money in pool. Even some seasoned veterans like yourself are starting to think (is eco better!) I think fuck eco these days , it may prolong your peds however you turn over less ped ammo and decay per hour so means less for the loot pool, and this bullshit about min 2.83 dmg/pec (including markup - for L weapons) will break you even on most ocassions. Even though a mod merc does over 80 shots a minute - its only ammo and not gun decay, yes it saves you tons of peds but does it contribute to the system MA has in place now.

And of course there is the "chosen ones" that profit because they either know the system or are just gifted. Foe ripper is more decay so in turn better for your avatar pool, even though mod merc is more eco.

So in my opinion , fuck eco (its misleading) and boring too, take risks, also im leaning towards the average combat rating may give you better return in the longrun..Anyway as you being a respected player through the ages, you have some great pointers but again 12kped loss for a year is not much at all - when myself loses about 3k a fortnight.

Good luck and think very hard about making your decision to throw in the towel, there are many things you can experiment on and maybe you find the winning combination , maybe not but is it worth risking.

Wow! only loose 12k in a year. GRATS I would say. Whats your secret?
Im on my way in to the high 30s this year and I have cut down my ingame time 50%

I thought that it will be interesting to see what the average player thinks, probably that I'm just a spoiled whiny bitch. They are free to think that. But my point is that if i cant make profit with the equipment and skills I have now, when can you? Also it always seems like its a selected few getting all the good stuff.

All depend if you see this as a game or as an investment.

To me i did my last deposit in january this year and since that deposit i had some good loot (26k binary, and some ok crafting), but all that is gone now and im starting eating the shit in my storage to keep peds on my card. So yes it is expencive to play this as a game - if the luck has gone.

About what you can do - i guess nothing. Just hope and make an exit startegy.

My exit strategy is to continue as long as i can have peds to play for without selling my gear and skills. Gear and skills is what ill take with me out of this game.

And yes i see this as a game - but not a game ill pay crazy money to play.

Sorry but complaining about this imho is simply whining. If you had lost 2330 peds per week, maybe you would have reason to complain.

I am almost there... cost to play about $15 per hour...

I am almost there... cost to play about $15 per hour...
You are doing something seriously wrong then.
...unless its your intention ofc to loose 15$ an hour

And of course there is the "chosen ones" that profit because they either know the system or are just gifted.

If I'm at the top of the game, and my loot depends quite heavily on those below me depositing their wad-o-cash, I think I'd keep pretty darn quiet about any losses.

You are doing something seriously wrong then.
...unless its your intention ofc to loose 15$ an hour

well, what is it then?:

putting 300 peds in - 2hours later i have zero (loot is sold and mor ammo bought until all is gone)
thats my rithm for the last 3 years (5ingame) - same gear pretty much ep41 + 105

get a hof or two along the way that may give me a week or so of "free" play so actual average cost is perhaps $10 per hour...

Hunt mobs that drop more %markup items, you cant break even on tt in Entropia..

Nah, the question is..

Mirandax, What did u expect?
What profit would u made happy?
Thats the same ma is thinking, how do we keep em happy..
U got some ubers before, so mirandax cant live with 12k loss?
Ur a high lvl player with 12k loss and not happy, Theres medium lvl players with 1200 ped loss not happy and so go on...
Its pe,eu.. U win or loose some, try too have some fun in the middle ;)

well, what is it then?:

putting 300 peds in - 2hours later i have zero (loot is sold and mor ammo bought until all is gone)
thats my rithm for the last 3 years (5ingame) - same gear pretty much ep41 + 105
There's a thousand things you can potentially do wrong, and I can't tell you which they are for you without knowing your full skills, equipment and hunting habits, nor am I interested in doing so. From the one piece of information you provided in this post (you're using ep41) I'd say that's as good a place to start as any. Unless you are level 100 pistoleer you don't have the skills to max it which mean's you're loosing out in eco in all three areas; average damage, hit rate, and crit rate. Replace it with a sib weapon and you can probably cut your losses by at least 50%.

Interesting Thread I have to say :)

I am myself not a long term player in here but from what I read inside this thread it makes me cry in a way.

This did not look good for a possible EU Playing Future to me.

But from what I heard from other players who playing longer term then me I can say that you should try to hunt allmost without any Armor because of Decay Costs. I´m pretty sure you are an :eek::eek::eek: skilled Player Mirandax, so you ever tried how it would work out for you to try to find higher Mobs wich you are able to handle kinda un-armored? and maybe some wich don`t let you use up your FAP that fast then because of your Evade, Agility, Bravado or Coolness or First Aid Skills ?

Maybe it would be a nice challenge to you to try this out on different High Level Mobs until you find your Special Economy - High End Mob ?

If this one exists by a chance, you should try to stuck on this one then ;)

I`m really sure you will find your Solution for this Task.

Wish you GL Mirandax !

Fleur.

Earlier today I added together my loss hunting for this year so far. It was 12 154 ped minus, with markup i might add. I've got one hof above one thousand peds this year and not a single item. 2008 was real bad too so was hoping things would improve this year, but no no it went the other way.

What I'm trying to get at is that I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I use MM and Foe, Foe is maxed and MM almost. Add imp fap, Poe and a pretty skilled avatar. After spending almost 7 years in this game I don't know what to do next. Should I throw in the towel or do I try change something?

lol in 2009 --12 154 PED
in 2008 -- ,,real bad'' 20 000 PED ?
in 11-29-2007 -- + 150 000 PED
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/uberloots/90311-12k-chomper-old.html

So if we dont look at year 2008 we know about +150 000 and now we can ask how much she wasted in year 2008 if itis about 20 000 then she had a profit at 130 000 peds this last 2 years and 2 months. So whay complain.:confused:

what he said :wise:

lets not even think about the potential profit on equipment bought cheap ie mm(compared to current value) etc, that most players can and will only ever dream about...

ive probably lost close to 12k ped this year too, out of maybe 12k ped of deposits...but its been rather entertaining in any case, but ive never been here to make money either...

my :twocents:

There's a thousand things you can potentially do wrong, and I can't tell you which they are for you without knowing your full skills, equipment and hunting habits, nor am I interested in doing so. From the one piece of information you provided in this post (you're using ep41) I'd say that's as good a place to start as any. Unless you are level 100 pistoleer you don't have the skills to max it which mean's you're loosing out in eco in all three areas; average damage, hit rate, and crit rate. Replace it with a sib weapon and you can probably cut your losses by at least 50%.

level 75 pistolier
and there is no cut 10% max on SIB, however in 3 years that setup (ep41+105) proved to me to be the least painful LOL

This is a wrong assumption alot of people make, its the overall defense decay bill that counts not just armor decay. If you are using less armor and fapping more you get hit more for each mob you kill so you end up paying more in defense decay. In most cases using a fap to heal cost more per pec per hp healed then armor cost to protect you from getting that dmg. So if your fapping more getting hit more and paying more to heal your HP then protecting you pay more. And I do not see any change in TT returns whether i spent a ton on defense decay or none so I believe your loot is not adjusted for it.

In Mirandax case though she has a fap thats way more eco to heal with then any armor in the game, that is the only time it may be cheaper to fap more. But I have not had this fap so do not have the overall numbers to see exactly how my hunting results look. Still if your wearing high decay armor and using a super eco fap you may be tempted to hunt something really big that still overall has a high percent defense decay cost so really not saving at all.

So to sum it up my advice is to make the armor advisor and armor vs mob tools on entropedia.com your friend, try to get the most protection you can without overprotecting and used the best eco armor set up for the mob your hunting. Also don't be scared of L armors most are more eco then unlimited armors up to 110-115% MU.

But from what I heard from other players who playing longer term then me I can say that you should try to hunt allmost without any Armor because of Decay Costs.

Hmm.. three questions

1. That depends on the mob, for instance the foe is super on aurlis. But not so good on slow mobs like chomps.

2. This is something I have been having problems with on and off for a long time now, even made a thread about it. When it's bad it ofc isn't the best idea to use MM.

3. On average I think the answer is yes

A few thoughts;

1. You profited in skills, in my view theres no way you couldn't have with your equipment.
2. So how did you do in 2008 ,2007? why i ask;

if you lose 12kped this year really does it matter if you profited 100k plus last?

3. :)

I only started to write down profit/loss in august 2008, but I know on average the loot was bad that year. 2007 was without the 12k chomper, if I remember right, okey on average.

What a lot of ppl are saying here is that I shouldn't whine bc I had a 100k worth loot 2 years ago. That raises 2 questions. When would it have been okey to complain? If I had had that loot 10 years ago? Also comes to skills here. 2 years ago I ofc had a lot less skills than I have today, yet I do worse now.Most ppl here say that 12k loss is nothing. Out of curiosity, what would be considered a bad loss?

I wonder what my loss would have been if I had gone L all the way this year. Say using XT for instance. I may be cynic but I doubt ppl would have called me whiner then. Some also point out how much money "I have made" on my equipment. But untill I sell my gear noone knows how much that is. Maybe I will even get less than what I payed.

Oily

Craft your oils - cheapest way to put the tt volume through with minimum decay.

Change mobs more often. I've noticed that grinding 1 mob has little or no benefit. In the past, if you knew an item was dropping on a mob you'd just camp the mob until you got the item. This is no longer the case recently when chasing high end items recently.

Depending on which mob you are chasing, decide what your strategy should be before entering that day's hunt. I'm sure you already do this but as an example:

Daspletors pay out in tt and big esi's typically. You can't really stop that day's hunt until you get paid back with either a 1.5k+ HOF or an esi over 300 PED tt.

Scips pay out in good (L) gear with decent %. Hunting them can be done in much shorter intervals. People who work should probably stick to this mob. Similar would also be Mulaak'f or mulak-hir.

Aurli/Kreltin I can't make any statements about. Aside from a few lucky days, I've basically lost my ass at CP everytime I've gone there in the past 2 years.

As for your gear. I'd probably get that MM maxed and use that as your primary weapon. Unless you are going for mobs like dasp or big spiders, I'd stick to the MM. Well that's a lie because I always use foe but I'd try using MM more if you're having loot trouble. I'm not sure why it is like this but the foeripper's DPS doesn't seem to help your loot at CP even though it prevents regen. There is something in the system which calculates loot spent per mob killed before determining your loot. If you get too efficient, you basically ruin your loot. If not efficient enough in some cases, you ruin your loot. No clue how it works ofc but if the gear you are using currently isn't doing the trick, try something else. :)

Maybe you could try gremlin instead of PoE for a bit at CP. I'd avoid CP tbh atm but that's your call. I'm sure you love the action but the skillgains at CP are quite high which translates to MA/FPC feeling less need to give you good loot. In the past skillgains offset loot losses but not when skills are almost negligible in value atm. Dasp, give about 1/2 the skillgains vs Aurli. With skill value being so low, it almost screams to me to be a reason to hunt Dasp, primarily.

Not sure if I gave anything you can use here but I wish you luck in your hunts. :)

i bet u got more then 12k worth of skills out of it so did u really loose?

Most ppl here say the armordecay to be the problem and that's very interesting. A few years back i used to hunt in the least decaying armor I possible could and that way hope to save peds. But I started to get serious pain in my shoulders and wrists from having to change between fap and guns all the time. So in order to be able to keep on playing i started using the angel instead.

And lately I've rather tried to increse my decay than the other way around. And that I blame entirely on one person whos mantra is "decay is beautiful" lol. I'm not gonna mention his name, but he does very well in this game. So I started hunting more agressively in D2. But, what works for some, doesn't work for others. Why I don't know.

Over the last 2 years I've hunted a lot of falx as well. There the armordecay is less than a third of what I get in D2.

I've not made Excel sheets on every hunt (though I probably should), but I notice that when I do track my returns and calculate it at the end, my loss % is usually very close to my armor decay % (as happened with Angelo as well when he camped scips, even though his return looked pretty bad I calculated his loss was all in defense decay).
Star made a post above saying to avoid CP at the moment, and I'd have to agree. Why? Because when a lot of people swarm to your mob, the average markup of the loot goes down, making a direct impact on your profit margin. Right now CP is completely swamped, so not only are the aurlis upset and will cause a ton of armor decay, but the markup on average isn't what it could be.
Fuzzy mentioned something about a super eco fap, causing me to assume you possess an Improved or Modified FAP. If this is the case, there are several ideas.
Have you considered opening a fap service to buffer your losses? Imp FAP services go for 60+PED/hour, and Mod FAP services go for 70-80+ PED/hour. If you fap on the weekends and hunt during the week, your fap service income will most likely cover any losses on hunting even during bad loot cycles - averaged out over time.
Also, do you have any friends or family, especially children? They could use this Imp/Mod FAP on you and you could hunt naked (assuming you are ditching CP and going for 1v1 on mobs). Children work especially well for this, since they see playing a video game as a privilege rather than a job.
Final idea: If you have an imp/mod fap (this idea is poor if you are using ballfap or smallfap), go ahead and either cut back on the armor, or go after mobs with less defense decay (mobs that hit hard but miss a lot justify the use of heavy armors without costing an arm and a leg).

Just some ideas. But what do I know? :scratch2:

If I'm at the top of the game, and my loot depends quite heavily on those below me depositing their wad-o-cash, I think I'd keep pretty darn quiet about any losses.

Wow... sounds a lot like a game I know

Earlier today I added together my loss hunting for this year so far. It was 12 154 ped minus, with markup i might add. I've got one hof above one thousand peds this year and not a single item. 2008 was real bad too so was hoping things would improve this year, but no no it went the other way.

What I'm trying to get at is that I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I use MM and Foe, Foe is maxed and MM almost. Add imp fap, Poe and a pretty skilled avatar. After spending almost 7 years in this game I don't know what to do next. Should I throw in the towel or do I try change something?

oh i see you is QQing :yay: :D well you cant take all loot :D you get poe of avery last yrs

Maybe you should go back to snables ... naked with opalo ;)

Back