Fun with nasty noobs

Suicide

Prowler
Sajinol Suicide Jamison
Ok. The way these evening went was i made 10 mann mph dlx pistols for all the noobs to enjoy. As we have talked about in this forum many times i decided that it wasnt right to just GIVE them away. So i started a little game called bring me the mob.

Bring me the snable you will get a free gun. Bring me the bercycled you will get a free gun. About 5 mins into this the noobs started getting pissed off. How dare i ask them to do what they do. They wanted the weapons for FREE. Dammit.. if its a free weapon it should be free.

So i give a couple MANN DLX away to deserving people (i wish i could remember your names, but i thought this was going to go so much better). Then i ask for a snable for a free weapon. I see a person pull a snable (it was in the radar). I zoom in to see that it is Sister Agony. But this person is not pulling the snable back to me. He/She is sweating it. Ok, i think, thats cool.. let them do thier thing. After it is dry and killled i ask, innocently, who pulled the snable... "Your Mother" was my response.

I was a bit annoyed, but i kept trying to keep the "game" going so i asked someone to pull another snable. ONE guy ran off. About 15 others wanted to trade with me. One even saying "I'm a business man", to which i said, "well if you are looking for something for free then go get the snable". The reply was "My pride gets in the way. I'm waiting for my glasses to be made. They are pink".

Ok, now i am getting a bit pissed off. I am GIVING AWAY mann mph dlx (which arent anything to most of us.. but 3 ped is 3 ped right?). So the hero of the story comes running up.. "Sorry", otto says, "all i could find were these armax!". So otto gets killed and i get killed. I trade with otto and give him the 15 ped worth of guns that were meant to be given away. But he is the only person that actually made an effort to work for some things.

This story is dragging out, but here comes the meat and potatoes. So, i am pissed off. I try to do something nice for these noobs and they all want something for nothing.... something for nothing... nothing.. hmmmm...

My soc co-leader Numa TPs in at this point. I get to thinking. "HEY NOOBS, my friend here has just dropped 20 ped near a tree between here and billys. IF you can find the 20 ped your reward will be 50 PED!!". Of course there is no real treasure. The real treasure was me offering them something for nothing. But needless to say, it empties out Camp Pheonix.

This is a quick and dirty account of the events as some of course wanted to know where it was and if we were full of dung.

At anyrate i took a screenie of Camp Pheonix.. BARE as a babies ass, as they chased the mythical treasure.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

You will notice the 40+ people that are ALWAYS at phoenix have disappeared.

This was not meant to be in anger. It was meant to teach noobs a lesson. The real treasure is not in PED. But the fact that someone in this game, that is all about REAL cash, will give you something if you are cool and deserve it. If not you will be chasing loot that doesnt exsist the whole time you are here.

PROPS to OTTO and the others that actually did my quest and brought the creatures (as silly as they were) back to me. To all the others: if you see someone willing to be cool. Be cool back. It will make the difference between chasing phantoms and chasing ghost.

Suicide

Ok, this was a bit depressing to read, even if I know that this is the general attitude among many new players.
Today there is no need for you to be nice, to not be rude, to act like you would in real life, since you get free stuff regardless of your behavior. Sweating will get you the newb equipment if your mentor doesnt, while before you had to interact with people activly in order to get something for free.

:cheer: for Otto!

Suicide said:
"I'm a business man", to which i said, "well if you are looking for something for free then go get the snable". The reply was "My pride gets in the way. I'm waiting for my glasses to be made. They are pink".
This just made my day :laugh:

Always think of this happy little word .... KARMA

Whenever something like this happens, I try not to get peeved myself... I just take comfort in knowing what goes around comes around ;)

And this Otto- he sounds like a good chap... take him on as a disciple, teach him the ropes... he's one that is good to have in game amidst a ton of freeloaders. It's ppl like him that last long in this game generally, and the others fall like flies

I really didnt want it to come to me sending noobs on a wild goose chase. But for the love of pete. you have no idea. I really was fuming after trying to GIVE AWAY FREE SHIT. I used to do that but after the discussion on the forum i figured.. yeah.. dont just give it away. Do something simple yet something that they are "working" towards.

Well. anyway you see how that ended up. I am not pissed anymore and will do my give away stuff to the deserving again. Just wanted to post my experience with the players that are coming to PE nowadays.

These damn kids... why in my day....

Suicide

wanted to rep you for this, but gotta spread it said :) This otto sounds like a cool guy and so do you!
And those who just complained about the quest just sounds like spoiled, immature brats to me. To hell with them :)

Ahaha.. that's absolutely hilarious! It would have been entertaining to watch at least! And I'm glad that there are cool people in this game that are not just all about the 'money'. xB

well, one part is sad, but the part about the otto guy isw really good. he did something that u asked for, and it doesnt really matter about the wrong mob, he worked a bit for the stuff to get, and i think thats what people should do.

and heck, i would certainly go out there, bring that mob if i would ge4t a reward. the reward may be small, but its good

Don't give up man thats one thing i've learned over the years there are a lot more lazy newbs then good newbs. The more you do this though it actually makes it less anoying. Because of the "otto's" that come out of the 1-100 always make it worth it.

For example if any of you know Nerishimo he was one of 15 disciples i took on at once from argus when newbs where dropping everywhere WAYYYYY back. He has graduated and and gain lots of gear and skills and i think is now in the BAHQ cadets or on his way to some uber soc. He makes up for all the bad disciples evertime i see him hof or global. and he is one of about 10 now of my disciples that are like that.

So dont worry takeing care of newbs is always rewarding eventually.

Before I TP'd in, i was trying to find mobs to shoot since the update and haven't been on for a few days. I got bored of running around and found out what Suicide was up too.

I'm not into being Nasty in this game and have helped many people even if not part of my Soc, friendlist or Disciple. It's just the right thing to do.

However, there are more and more Lazy and Rude people arriving in this game expecting something for nothing. I thought this was a great thing to do and have given a few things away myself.

When i turned up, this was when i nearly fell of my seat because i was laughing so much. :laugh: To see all these people go running off expecting to find something that didn't exist after giving so much grief to Sui, was hilarious.
Just goes to show, if you put the work in and do what is asked of you, you will be rewarded. Do nothing and get nothing.

I'll just add though, I haven't seen 40 people disappear so quickly in PE since a server crash. lol

Good for you Suicide!

..but don't give up on the noobs. There are some great one's out there.

I like to mentor people and have found that most are ok, a few are excellent, with the odd one that really needs some cantact counselling! :tongue2:

What I have noticed though, is that about 70% are only in game for a couple of days.

Have some rep for your good deeds (I'll ignore the little slip ;) )

The Counsellor

LOL. This is great 8) Maybe next time they'll be more considerate, but if they're that rude to begin with, I doubt they'll change much.

Guess we should gather a few new good people and have a sweating party. Gather, then I can give everyone focus, pull a mob, start sweating it roulette style. If you get aggroed, just stand there and continue to sweat it until you die. Revive and come back and sweat it while its aggroed on someone else, or until its dry. Then let them kill it for more skills. I can then give focus to those that died and heal up, then pull another mob. I think they run because thats what they're used to doing in other games. If we explained to them, that they are building skills while being hit, and dieing doesnt cost, maybe we can accoplish this.

Az

Azrael said:
LOL. This is great 8) Maybe next time they'll be more considerate, but if they're that rude to begin with, I doubt they'll change much.

Guess we should gather a few new good people and have a sweating party. Gather, then I can give everyone focus, pull a mob, start sweating it roulette style. If you get aggroed, just stand there and continue to sweat it until you die. Revive and come back and sweat it while its aggroed on someone else, or until its dry. Then let them kill it for more skills. I can then give focus to those that died and heal up, then pull another mob. I think they run because thats what they're used to doing in other games. If we explained to them, that they are building skills while being hit, and dieing doesnt cost, maybe we can accoplish this.

Az

While it sounds good my experience from last night shows that most are in it for themselves. To get them to work together will be almost impossible.

What i have done in the past, if someone is a noob and is really cool i will pull them aside and tell them to go to another TP. Where i will skill while they sweat. Usually do this if i am skilling near noobs and 1 person asks if they may sweat it. Ill take him to another TP and skill while he sweats.

Basically i wish noobs would realize that there are people on here willing to help them. All it takes for some free items or even advice is to have some respect.

I will probably to the gun thing again today, i do enjoy doing it. I was just a bit frustrated and angry last night.

Suicide

Reactions: Nea
All I can say is that the story you related is the reason I'm telling ppl not to give stuff away for nothing.

You create an entitlement mentality, and then when you actually dare to ask someone to do something for a reward, you get that sort of reaction.

I wish I had been there to see the end result. I'll have to remember that one :)

So the hero of the story comes running up.. "Sorry", otto says, "all i could find were these armax!". So otto gets killed and i get killed.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would just like to take the time to thank Suicide for the "gift" as I see it. An opportunity like this doent come up everyday and I was glad to have the chance.

I have been viewing these forums since I started pe but I had to sign up just to thank you again Suicide.

Otto said:
I would just like to take the time to thank Suicide for the "gift" as I see it. An opportunity like this doent come up everyday and I was glad to have the chance.

I have been viewing these forums since I started pe but I had to sign up just to thank you again Suicide.

It was my pleasure. At least i know there are some out there that appreciate things! I hope to see you in game again soon and i hope my gift helped you along the way in PE you deserved it!

Suicide

Giving things away to noobs.. part 2

Ok,

So reading my rep and reading the posts i figured i would do another noob give away. This time i made about 10 Jester D1 (cause i needed one myself to skill) and went out to give things away.

Let me just say that this time it went much better. Everyone participated in getting me the things that i asked. They were all cool and got some decent things to get them started with.

And even the guy with the glasses (and yep. they were pink) participated. I said that i wouldnt give him anything cause he was a pain in the ass. So he asked if he could donate his win to someone else. Which i said ok. He gave it to a guy named earl. Earl then asked "Im a noob can i need help starting. can you give me anything else?" Numa told him, yeah.. some advice, dont beg for stuff. He actually replied "Your right. i got greedy. sorry".

So at any rate i just wanted to update and say that this time was perfect. I assigned tasks that they did and they were polite. I just looted 13 Goblin masks. So those are going into the next noob give away.

Hoyt was there and hit a HoF. I heard he was giving out loot to those envolved. I wasnt there. But if that thats true PROPS TOO YA HOYT! ILL SEE YA IN PHEONIX AGAIN!

Be kind (i am back to thinking its worth it) and i will see you all in game!

Suicide

good. seems going better then last time. keep up the good work

Great news here. I think maybe your leading by example may have effected the noobies :). Good to hear it's getting better.

Noob mask giveaway went off with no hitches as well. Was giving 2-3 masks out each assignment and everyone who participated was cool and respectful.

I wonder if that is because the players are getting better or have i just developed a name for myself and they just say, shutup and do what he asks for free stuff.. heheh...

Anyhoo if any of you see me in game around pheonix or wherever gimme a shout!

Suicide

I was amazed at how unresponsive folks were being the first night I witnessed Suicide's Generosity. :mad: That night I had planned on spending my usual hour or so in Phoenix fapping, but found the, for lack of better words, bratty entitlement of a lot of the players there too disheartening.

Fortunately, the next time I saw Suicide in Phoenix, his efforts were being appreciated.
So, I decide to hang out, enjoy the show, fap folks and die a lot. It was pure luck that I was the slotted "owner" of the fat ol Armax that ended up dropping a HOF on me. It was so close to the turrets that if hadn't been kept at bay by Blaise & his ax while I was reviving, it would have more than likely been turret fodder. I can’t remember everyone involved, but I put it out there and those that responded to my offer to share the loot got a cut. A big thanks should go out to Suicide, for were it not for his entertaining philanthropic efforts, I would have more than likely never have been around to score the HOF.
:D

Back