Furor

Status
I noticed that Armor Penetration Crits and regular hits were in the same damage range through Boar+5b.

Decay was almost nothing after 400ped ammo burnt through CB24, which suggest Impact, Cut, Stab is not protecting much at all.

Might be different dmg types depending on maturity?

Might be acid/cold/something else?

I think that might just be lag or server load issues, I haven't seen any special attack combo.

They simply thump their chest, then thump you :)

- Deathifier

I thought so too at first, but it has happened four times in three short hunts now, a very distinct 'uhh', - 'uhh', (the sound my avatar makes when hit) somewhere between one-half and one second apart - each accompanied by a substantial drop in health - and it is something that I have never experienced before.

It's the new crit :)

I thought so too at first, but it has happened four times in three short hunts now, a very distinct 'uhh', - 'uhh', (the sound my avatar makes when hit) somewhere between one-half and one second apart - each accompanied by a substantial drop in health - and it is something that I have never experienced before.

It's the new crit :)

Might be because it's PvP area, and you shot yourself. Did that twice last night down there.

I noticed that Armor Penetration Crits and regular hits were in the same damage range through Boar+5b.

Decay was almost nothing after 400ped ammo burnt through CB24, which suggest Impact, Cut, Stab is not protecting much at all.

Might be different dmg types depending on maturity?

Might be acid/cold/something else?

From testing it was found that Polaris + 5b protected only ~12 damage, attributed to the 5b plates.
Therefore it does no stab, cut, penetration, shrapel, or cold.

That leaves impact, acid and electric.

The acid + electric protection on unplated PoE does not protect enough to account for the total damage reduction.

Damage taken on unplated PoE is higher than it should be if it was stopping impact + acid + electric protection.

Adding 5b to PoE protects more than plain PoE (this I tested personally), by ~12 points.

Supremecy protects more than PoE, and the difference is almost exactly the difference in their impact and acid protections.

Thus it is highly likely that it does not do electric damage.

All the values are within a couple of points, allowing for the fact that getting the mob to do a max dmg hit requires a lot of patience.

All tests were done on Rogue maturity so there was no overprotection.

If I overlooked something please let me know :)

As for crits doing the same damage range you would probably need a *lot* of crits to get one at max damage, so it is entirely possible that it is simply delivering low crits.

- Deathifier

Reactions: Lo.
Intresting thx for info :wtg:

If I overlooked something please let me know :)

As for crits doing the same damage range you would probably need a *lot* of crits to get one at max damage, so it is entirely possible that it is simply delivering low crits.

- Deathifier

Oleg did a test here that also rules out electric. Its pretty much certain they do just Impact+Acid, unless there's some odd thing going on with different maturities.

Like you say, low penetration crits can often be in the same range as high normal hits that is probably all it was. Boar is only protecting 23 points, 5B only 12 points against each attack. That's not going to rack up decay all that fast (compare with hunting Boar+5B against trox where you're protecting 51 points with the Boar and 29 points with the 5B).

i tried phantom+5b and serum+5b

the phatom i had to fap almost every hit from rogue with serum i didnt , it was much more enjoyable with serum

ment to try both with my 2e plates maybe later

the phatom i had to fap almost every hit from rogue with serum i didnt , it was much more enjoyable with serum

ment to try both with my 2e plates maybe later

Yeah, Serum would be very nice for them, Serum+2E would be all-conquering :D

Phantom+5B has 6 pts more protection than Ghost+5B. Gremlin+5B a further 1 pt. Serum+5B a further 8 pts. Serum+2E a further 16 pts.

My mayhem harness decayed 6.673pec for a single fully absorbed hit against a rouge, if that helps :)

going by the entropedia decay formula, that figure is 60.213 protection - a little over Mayhems' 28 Impact and 30 Acid Protection.

Last edited:
My mayhem harness decayed 6.673pec for a single fully absorbed hit against a rouge, if that helps :)

going by the entropedia decay formula, that figure is 60.213 protection - a little over Mayhems' 28 Impact and 30 Acid Protection.

Hmm, I can't see how that would be possible. Could you have forgotten about the 1 pec equip fee, making the decay actually 5.673? :scratch2:

Hmm, I can't see how that would be possible. Could you have forgotten about the 1 pec equip fee, making the decay actually 5.673? :scratch2:

Was quite sure I made a point of repairing before testing. I will test again later, though.

Edit: I just redid the forumla in excel and came up with 58.94 damage for that decay this time :scratch2:

Killed a Gatherer in Pixie/5A and CB19/Beast with 2600 fap... go from there :D

Was quite sure I made a point of repairing before testing. I will test again later, though.

Edit: I just redid the forumla in excel and came up with 58.94 damage for that decay this time :scratch2:

I think you must have calculated the decay wrong somehow. How did you do it?

Damage is always done in tenths of a point. 60.2 absorbed on Mayhem would decay it 6.671 pec. 60.3 would decay it 6.686 pec. So it shouldn't be possible to get 6.673 pec decay at all, no matter what damage type.

Unless Jimmy B comes and tells me that's wrong :D

The first figure was right, in that a 60.213 absorbed hit would correspond to 6.673pec.

I think you must have calculated the decay wrong somehow. How did you do it?

Damage is always done in tenths of a point. 60.2 absorbed on Mayhem would decay it 6.671 pec. 60.3 would decay it 6.686 pec. So it shouldn't be possible to get 6.673 pec decay at all, no matter what damage type.

Unless Jimmy B comes and tells me that's wrong :D

Well I must say I don't remember anything about damage having to be in tenths of a point, but maybe I forgot it.

In any case, I think most likely what has happened here is an error in fruit test method. If putting 673 fruit into the tt made it increase, then the decay was actually 7-0.673=6.327. Which corresponds exactly to the full 58 from all the impact and acid the armor has. Unlikely coincidence, so I imagine that's what happened.

Also, for it to be useful information in general we would need the hit received (and a confirmation of no plates).

Last edited:
I just did the test again and got the same figure: 6.673 (327 sweat to increase the pec)

The formula I used in excel was (0.003 * x^1.75) + (0.05*x) * (1-(3500/100000) and substitued x with a cell value that I manually changed to get 6.673 decay, which was 58.94.

Is this the right way of doing it?

Well I don't remember anything about damage having to be in tenths of a point, but maybe I forgot it.

OK, I probably made that up then :)

In any case, I think most likely what has happened here is an error in fruit test method. If putting 673 fruit into the tt made it increase, then the decay was actually 7-0.673=6.327. Which corresponds exactly to the full 58 from all the impact and acid the armor has. Unlikely coincidence, so I imagine that's what happened.

Haven't you got that the wrong way round? If its 327 fruit to increase to the pec, it's 6.327 decay.

I just did the test again and got the same figure: 6.673 (327 sweat to increase the pec)

The formula I used in excel was (0.003 * x^1.75) + (0.05*x) * (1-(3500/100000) and substitued x with a cell value that I manually changed to get 6.673 decay, which was 58.94.

Is this the right way of doing it?

Yes, if 327 sweat were needed to increase to the pec, the decay is 6.327, not 6.673, which as Jimmy B already said equates to 58 damage absorbed, as expected.

Yes, if 327 sweat were needed to increase to the pec, the decay is 6.327, not 6.673, which as Jimmy B already said equates to 58 damage absorbed, as expected.

:trout: silly me.

Yeah lol, I had the right idea but then confused myself. 327 sweat makes it 6.327 decay.

from a rogue 28.7 dmg, and no plates.

So thats a 86.7 hit which has at least 30.0 Impact and 28.0 Acid.

So both acid and impact are over 32%.

Yeah lol, I had the right idea but then confused myself. 327 sweat makes it 6.327 decay.

So thats a 86.7 hit which has at least 30.0 Impact and 28.0 Acid.

So both acid and impact are over 32%.

I forgot to mention, I also had a 1.0 hit from a thief withthe mayhem harness.

I forgot to mention, I also had a 1.0 hit from a thief withthe mayhem harness.

Definitely the thief? And still unplated?

If so that makes it pretty much exactly 50% of Impact and Acid each.

Good Job Oleg, Deathifier, Jimmy B and i-bru-i, +rep and must spread :)

Great teamwork there figuring this!

Definitely the thief? And still unplated?

If so that makes it pretty much exactly 50% of Impact and Acid each.

Yes, it was a thief, and unplated.

would it make 50% of each, or just confirm that it is only acid and impact?
other possibilites might be 35/65 or 40/60?

I didn't look at the decay from that hit, it was between 5-6pec though, so damage dealt was less than the maximum 58 protection.

a little reminder that dmg types are variable just like dmg amounts, i verified this when i owned paradox

so its very hard to say that its 50/50 60/40 or 40/60 without 1000's of tests

a little reminder that dmg types are variable just like dmg amounts, i verified this when i owned paradox

so its very hard to say that its 50/50 60/40 or 40/60 without 1000's of tests

Yes, its not a fixed percentage for every maturity, can vary a little from maturity to maturity. Its not variable for the same mob, same maturity though.

Yes, it was a thief, and unplated.

would it make 50% of each, or just confirm that it is only acid and impact?
other possibilites might be 35/65 or 40/60?

Well it would make that hit something in the range of 29 Impact, 29 Acid to 28 Impact, 31 Acid. Its already established that it is only acid and impact imo.

I didn't look at the decay from that hit, it was between 5-6pec though, so damage dealt was less than the maximum 58 protection.

Then we have some data wrong somewhere. The minimum unarmored hit from a Thief can only possibly go as low as 58 from the various data people have posted. If you took a 58.0 hit and got a 1.0 then you must have had at least 57 protection. But 57 protection would cause more than 6 pec decay.

So either my logic or someone's data is wrong.

Last edited:
I tried my solir and 5b vs solir and 2E

iwth 2E I got noticallbly smaller dmg from theifs I was able to do them without fapping with this combo, I switched back to 5b and i had to fap at least 1 time

so my best compo so far is def. sol+2e's

Yeah 2E should be significantly better than 5B. 12 protection from 5B, 27 from 2E.

Status
Back