FYI: Eudoria mining makes me want to kill myself

Please someone make me HUGE kebab that I may climb in to

Heaven.

A huge Kebab.

Extra Extra ] Chilli sauce, some mayo, and a couple of Jalapeños.

Heaven in a bit of paper.

I Was planning on a Pizza 2night, but a kebab is now sounding good...

With Extra Chilli sauce!

Please someone make me HUGE kebab that I may climb in to

Heaven.

A huge Kebab.

Chilli sause, Extra Chilli sauce, some mayo, and a couple of Jalapeños.

With Extra Chilli sauce!

I actually think your above statement is so damn good..It should be repeated LOL :laugh:

It looks strange. Almost every miner complains for bad mining return. At the same time market prices for ALL ores and en matters have been dropped a lot and the auction is fulled with a cheap stuff. Who's done that? :laugh:

shinook ore miners

seriously if u take 1 tp jump north from shinook tp and stand there for an hr u will see like 20 miners go by

Yeah, I've actually been out of the game for about a week because the prices have dropped so much... I didn't know whether the real world financial markets going to hell had infiltrated EU or what.

What I *do* know is that everything I could count on to provide a decent return has dropped at least 20-40% in price, making it that much less likely to break even/profit from a run.

Now in the past I`ve done way better on Amethera than Eudoria. But the past few months I can`t get a decent return anywhere let alone globals. Even sharing details of known good areas with a rl friend who does great on Eudoria. Forget amps the losses were even worse. Last night I finally got down to a 0ped balance once again. I think I`m done for now. For the first time in 3 years I can`t do good enough to sustain play for more than a few days. This month oo many deposits disappeared within 2 days even trying to stretch things out. I tried. The bad markups lately don`t help. So I get the feeling that MA want us to use some fancy new finders but that is even more ped that I don`t have. Getting awefully bored and jaded. Maybe I`ll just sit back until cryengine etc and see what happens. Maybe something I have will go up in price then I can sell to test things out. Because at the current rate the last thing I want to do is deposit into a black hole anymore.

Last edited:
Heaven.

A huge Kebab.

Chilli sause, Extra Chilli sauce, some mayo, and a couple of Jalapeños.

With Extra Chilli sauce!

I don`t know about anyone else but I never had any of those things on a kebab and certainly never paper as an ingredient. That sounds more like a buritto or tamale. All meat and veggies here. Come on over and I`ll grill some up. Just one thing...you bring the Carlsberg! ;) Just a short trip over the border.

Do you guys who say you're doing well on Eudoria use the low end ore finders? I'm also trying to see if thers a connection there. I've been trying with the z20 everywhere. Also bought a z10 and tried that on eudoria abit.

I've had this working hypothesis that in Eudoria you pretty much have to mine with a 350 finder instead of a 550 average one. Didn't help much in practice when I tried though.

I have better average returns with OF-105 on Eudoria than anywhere else. That said, most of my hofs/globals have been on Amethera.

Some of my soc mates disagree, some agree. I think it all depends on skills+finder+location+duration of run+what you had for breakfast+how long you middle toenails are+time+luck. It is different for everyone, you just have to find what works for you.

Here is a tip: After a particularly good run, record everything you did. Finder, skills, amounts of bombs/probes dropped, everything. Repeat a few times over the course of the next week. If it keeps working for you, don't change it. Some people like to chip down after they have skilled up a bit, so they can get back into the zone of everything that works for them. It may take a lot of trial and error, but eventually you will find what is best for you.

I have better average returns with OF-105 on Eudoria than anywhere else. That said, most of my hofs/globals have been on Amethera.

Some of my soc mates disagree, some agree. I think it all depends on skills+finder+location+duration of run+what you had for breakfast+how long you middle toenails are+time+luck. It is different for everyone, you just have to find what works for you.

Here is a tip: After a particularly good run, record everything you did. Finder, skills, amounts of bombs/probes dropped, everything. Repeat a few times over the course of the next week. If it keeps working for you, don't change it. Some people like to chip down after they have skilled up a bit, so they can get back into the zone of everything that works for them. It may take a lot of trial and error, but eventually you will find what is best for you.

Quoted for truth. Some of your most accomplished miners do the exact same thing, myself included. Some of us in my society use NRF to log our runs. This is a sure fire way to tell what works for you. Keep a log somewhere of your exact profit/losses. Include your tt return/MU, repairs and so forth. You may find that your avg return over time is positive.

I consider myself an accomplished miner. I log EVERY run into NRF and then log my profits on paper. At any given time i can go back and pull up my run # from paper on NRF and see exactly what's going on. Ofc, this is the system that works for me. What works for you could be totally different. I only suggest that you at least try it for yourself. Good luck on your mining!

Reactions: 11B
Now the type of minerals aside, if there isn't anyone that says Eudoria is a nice place to mine, there could be the possibility that it simply is unbalanced compared to other places.

Eudoria is where I make all my money in mining. Anywhere else, I seem to be risking it. Eudoria is more of a sure thing.

I think that the problem is that people think that mining is only about equipment and skills. (Some don't even buy into the skills part.)

You got people doing all sorts of wacked things out there. The worst of it is probably just continually bombing right through a resource laden area. They don't stop and investigate its boundrys and make good use of their bombs/probes.

Do you guys who say you're doing well on Eudoria use the low end ore finders? I'm also trying to see if thers a connection there. I've been trying with the z20 everywhere. Also bought a z10 and tried that on eudoria abit.

I've had this working hypothesis that in Eudoria you pretty much have to mine with a 350 finder instead of a 550 average one. Didn't help much in practice when I tried though.

I have three finders for each, ore and enmatter. All three go to different depths, esentially, shallow, medium, and deep. If all I am finding in an area is deep, I stop using the others. And vice versa.

After I "upgraded" to better finders, I would notice that some of my regular spots were not so regular anymore. That's because I was going to deep for those areas. But then I was find stuff in new areas.

Light bulb went off and realized that different things are at different depths. Some areas, things are shallow. Some deep. Just like you might expect in real life.

So if you go with one finder, then sure, you need to make it the one that will find the most in the area you are mining.

Reactions: 11B
Eudoria is where I make all my money in mining. Anywhere else, I seem to be risking it. Eudoria is more of a sure thing.
The worst of it is probably just continually bombing right through a resource laden area. They don't stop and investigate its boundrys and make good use of their bombs/probes.

Two great posts Mr. Trayles. The two parts that I quoted above are the best general pieces of advice in my opinion.

To Elwarth: As Trayles said, your finder and skill combo will determine what is gonna work in what spot, and you just have to keep plugging away to try and find what works for you. I suggest using NRF, and after you get 100 entries of your own on NRF, upload to the NRF sharing log, and download the 40k+ entries that others have put in over there. Your own personal logs will show you pretty well what is working, and the data from the sharing log will show you new spots to try with different finders.

Don't give up on Eudoria! After you get it figured out you might never leave!

GL to ya bro!

I have three finders for each, ore and enmatter

LOL Im so sorry, I found that funny :laugh:

I know you go on to explain, but...

Thats a funny sentence lol :rofl:

Back