Game crashing

Lars: I think this is user-related! :tongue2:

Since last VU I've had alot of crashed myself, but I get an error that the videocard was not responding. Doesn't happen in any other games, and has never happend before the last VU...
Have you tried killing anyone? If not, try a few punches on someone and see if that could help. Random neighbor would do...

- Your old disciple :girl:

Crashes

Had nothing but repeated crashes today, where i did not have this problem previously. same errors as described in this thread. Clearly something has changed. Hope it gets fixed in an update this week, along with the wobbling ava, and arm spinning. Geez! Isn't there any testing prior to putting these releases in production?

I crashed quite frequently for a long time, unless I would turn down graphics to low/safe mode. I had noticed that when logged into Entropia the CPU idling on the task manager was unusually high (on a dual core) no matter where my current location was, and when I went through a service station or other graphic intensive area, it seemed like the CPU usage spiked and caused a crash since it couldn't process quickly enough. I think the lighting on the outer wall of the service station consumes a lot of power in high-res mode due to multiple reflection processing and such.

A video card upgrade showed minimal improvement, and a CPU/mobo upgrade fixed the crashing to near zero, although I was due for an upgrade on both.

As for the voice chat, I have it permanently disabled. Just what I need, more bloatware I don't use to bog my computer down. :rolleyes:

I was getting ctd 3 times in a row after the update...

Then I checked "disable streaming audio" in client loader options and since then no ctd whatsoever.

Hope It helps.

Robo:smoke:

Then I checked "disable streaming audio" in client loader options and since then no ctd whatsoever.

Hope It helps.

Awesome plus rep....I will try this too since i've been having crashes.

Hope It helps.

Nope, still crashing!

Crashing

I have the similar problem - have re-installed my drivers - un-installed - and re-installed Entropia, and tried every trick I know to get the game to stay open for ten minutes - Please let us know of a fix for this MA - or anyone - If you have figured it out ;) Thanks in advance!

I have been experiencing more crashes in PA since VU update before last. Usually when the buildings are starting to pop in and render.

I have always experienced crashes since I started playing EU. Was 0-3 times a night at first, when Arkadia came out I went there and crashes seemed to not happen as often, when Space came out I tp'ed back to Calypso and back to the more frequent crashes. Once I started going into space I experience crashing going into space about 90% of the time I would say. I then die and start in SS. I've crashed coming out of SS a few times as well. But pretty much guaranteed I crash going into space form a planet very few times has it ever not crashed. On RT I crash a lot in Tangerine and New Harlem, less frequent in other areas I'd say about the same as Calypso for those other area's. On side note I can't play on that one new island where the diakiba wave event is at unless I am in safe mode, that island is guaranteed to crash the game on my computer, flying, walking or boating into that island it all crashes the game.

To crash less frequently I pull my graphics down to low and game runs longer but eventually I still get a crash.

My theory of why it crashes is MA has memory leaks happening from their programming. It is not properly clearing memory when entering and leaving new area's probably when doing server zoning would be a good guess. Hence when I do zone into space memory is still filled with data from the planet and game crashes because it has no place to write new data to. Just my theory and experience with applications crashing, being a developer and all.

Back