Game keeps crasking after about 5 minutes

BIOMECH

Young
i have just come back to calypso after a lengthy time out but have found that the game causes my pc to restart after roughly 5-10 minutes of gameplay. i have updated all my nvidia drivers(playing with old drivers was awful)but the problem still persists. i am running vista qith 2 gig memory...anybody got any ideas?

:confused:

Last edited:
i have just come back to calypso after a lengthy time out but have found that the game crashes after roughly 5-10 minutes of gameplay. i have updated all my nvidia drivers(playing with old drivers was awful)but the problem still persists. i am running vista qith 2 gig memory...anybody got any ideas?

My computer did the same, turned out my gfx burned due to either the nvidia update or the VU10.0.3 update.

Solution: Check your temperature on the card, if your card has no temperature indicators, run the comp with open chassi and use an inhouse thermometer which is able to go beyond 60C, put the sensor on, or close to the gfx, and check. Normal cards, using the seccond method, should never reach 60C, while as for the first method (onboard temp indicators) the temp can easily reach 75-80C on newer cards without there being too much of a problem.

Hope it helps.

cheers

ok mate, but i have looked back at my post and it is a bit misleading, the game does not crash, the pc actually restarts itself.

I would consider over-heating as the source of the problem also.

funny story I heard the other day... there's this idiot that started a used computer shop just around the block from our house. The guy buys crap computers like pentium iii and pentium iv and resells them for about four times as much as they are worth. Someone tried to take a computer in to him the other day to have him repair it. He said, it's overheating, and then put it in the deep freeze for about 10 minutes, lol. Never heard of any computer repair person actually putting a pc inside of a real deep freeze to help with overheating before that. Sounds pretty silly since it'd probably damage something if kept in there too long, but it's a true story.

funny story I heard the other day... there's this idiot that started a used computer shop just around the block from our house. The guy buys crap computers like pentium iii and pentium iv and resells them for about four times as much as they are worth. Someone tried to take a computer in to him the other day to have him repair it. He said, it's overheating, and then put it in the deep freeze for about 10 minutes, lol. Never heard of any computer repair person actually putting a pc inside of a real deep freeze to help with overheating before that. Sounds pretty silly since it'd probably damage something if kept in there too long, but it's a true story.

deep freezing helps a lot
[YOUTUBE]OFNUhE5FSs4[/YOUTUBE]
better not imagine what you can do whit todays procesors

but here is problem somewhere else
usualy gfx is too hot and heats mainboard up to safe restart
if all components are ok usualy ading 1-2 fans helps specialy in hot summer time

Overheat

is this a common problem with entropia? i was just playing warhammer:dawn of war for about 2 hours and the card did not overheat. i would rather not remove the cover as my son would have his fingers in the pc as soon as its removed, is there no other way of getting round this and why does it only happen with entropia.

is this a common problem with entropia? i was just playing warhammer:dawn of war for about 2 hours and the card did not overheat. i would rather not remove the cover as my son would have his fingers in the pc as soon as its removed, is there no other way of getting round this and why does it only happen with entropia.

Try playing Crysis.

The cryengine is the biggest resource hog engine there is to date. Even so big that the newest card cant solo run it on ultra settings. So imagine it takes some power.

You could also check if your GPU doenst get the power it needs from the PSU

i have just come back to calypso after a lengthy time out but have found that the game causes my pc to restart after roughly 5-10 minutes of gameplay. i have updated all my nvidia drivers(playing with old drivers was awful)but the problem still persists. i am running vista qith 2 gig memory...anybody got any ideas?

If whole computer reboots, and it's not a BSOD (blue screen of death), then my guess would be the power supply that doesn't manage the power drain.

If it *is* a BSOD, then my guess would be overheat inside the computer (hot climate combined with memory cells on the margin combined with insufficient cooling). Especially if the "reboot" comes after 5 minutes rather than immediately (say within a minute) I would suspect heat problem.

Just to be 100% thorough, you should run the "repair" from the Tools menu of the client loader.
Would you mind supplying more details on your setup? Specifically the graphics card, power supply strength, and CPU.
Also, if you try running on ultra-low settings and go somewhere quiet in-game (no other avatars around), does it survive longer? Does the opposite (high settings at PA or Twins) make it reboot sooner?

Back