Genesis Dragons Breath unl

mjukis

Old Alpha
Society
Warants
Stoikow Stoikow Mudorow
making a Price Check thread to help me sell this lovely blade

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/selling/128278-genesis-dragons-breath-unl.html

max tt value: 13664ped
damage: 121
attacks: 34
dmg/sec: 68.6
decay: 29.052pec
eco: 4.165dmg/pec
recommended level: 34
maxed: 39

The best unlimited SIB melee weapon discovered so far up until the Niflheim, which maxes at 63, quite a gap. There are a few old school melee weapons with higher dps but they leave much to be desired when it comes to eco, which combined with their low tt make them not so great for hunting. And there's of course also the very high level required to max them.

I know the first one looted was sold, but have no idea for how much, it hasn't been sold on in game auction and the only deal that I'm aware of seems to have been settled in PM here on EF. Any information about previous sales is very much welcomed.

Last edited:
nifl is even higher :( lvl 58

wish i knew you had it a month ago before i chipped up to use the Nifl...

fine weapon... no clue on price but when you find one lemme know i am interested

i am lvl 62.75 on nifl and it isnt 10/10 so i guess at lvl 63 or 5 lvls above the min requirments is max

so lvl 39 on dragon i think

Thank you, sounds likely that the dragons breath maxes at 5 levels above recommended if niflheim does. edited first post.

And as you just found out I didn't have it a month ago, looted it tonight (=

No clue on the correct price for this baby.... But I'd gladly trade my ML35, and a lot of other stuff for it... so it is definitely over 10k peds :D

Good luck with selling it, wish I could have it :)

Almost exact same dam/sec as Firefly, so I would imagine about the same value. Top offer for Firefly I think is currently +43k. Although reload is a bit slow, I think more people might have longblade than shortblade skills. No bonus for pvp imo as the big damage on this blade is burn, which high end pk armors have.

Dmg and Hit should max @ 38, with attacks maxing in the 38.6-38.8 range.

I would personally value it a little lower than the Firefly because of the speed. I think most people would rather hunt with a faster lower-damage weapon.

+40k for me; but it could go for up to +50k as it's only the second one ingame.

Thank you for the tip about the firefly, didn't think to search if there were some confirmed sales on that one (=
Should be very similar in price indeed.
Is the entropedia info correct on the firefly btw? Seems weird that the eco on it is worse than the other blades in the series, only a small fraction for the unlimited which could be a rounding error but not insignificant for the L version.

Thank you for the tip about the firefly, didn't think to search if there were some confirmed sales on that one (=
Should be very similar in price indeed.
Is the entropedia info correct on the firefly btw? Seems weird that the eco on it is worse than the other blades in the series, only a small fraction for the unlimited which could be a rounding error but not insignificant for the L version.

I'd guess the decay number listed there for the Firefly (L) is not 100% accurate.

Running around killing stuff with it I just thought of another selling point for the dragons breath ;)
You get the awesome bzzzm bzzzm light saber sound instead of the normal boring swosh swosh for the shortblade versions ;P (at least for the bifrost which is the only shortblade in this series I've used)

In light of MA's comments on other planets i wonder if high-tech swords like this might not work on the medieval planets. It might make for a sudden change in the relative values of the various SIB melee weapons.

For Calypso it's pretty sweet, though. 40k seems like a good start.

In light of MA's comments on other planets i wonder if high-tech swords like this might not work on the medieval planets. It might make for a sudden change in the relative values of the various SIB melee weapons.

Isnt that irrelivant since it would count for all weapons? (except axe maybe)

Isnt that irrelivant since it would count for all weapons? (except axe maybe)

Well, i don't know. My guess would be MA would take the no-effort approach and just make all laser carbines, pistols, and rifles nonfunctional. If they instead, say, made all melee weapons that do elemental damage nonfunctional, it would leave the axes and blades like Katsuchi, Slo, and whatnot. Iirc, most of the first manufactured series of SIB blades produced simple metallic weapons. It's only the more recent ones that are light sabers, and the original tt Castorian blades, fists, etc. are all electric.

I think people are reading too much into the "medieval planet" comment. As I understood it, they just used a medieval style planet as an example that's very easy to understand for everyone. On a medieval planet there would be wooden bows and steel swords instead of the laser rifles and energy weapons we have now. If a medieval planet actually was to be created I think very very few things from our current universe would be usable there. Not even nano katana and such that require refined oil and other materials that wouldn't be aviable in such a place.
Perhaps the axes and thorio clubs but I figure it's more likely they won't allow you to bring any items at all there and let the creators of the planet make suitable items for that environment. The only advantage the ubers would get then would be a big wallet, high attributes, general skills and some combat skills. Probably most of the melee skills and few of the ranged ones.

Back