Getting New posts without selling and buying and price check threads

dalewj

Guardian
Society
Hunters Unlimited
dale dalewj ofj
I looked for it and I couldn't find a solution to the annoyance of the trading sections in the new posts. So I figured it out myself. Excuse me if it is already known.

each section has it's own number. If you put your mouse over the link to say the selling section you will find it's number 42. Well this command excludes any section you want from your new posts.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&&exclude=15,42,43,50

I suspect 711 could just make a link in the template with a New Posts - or you can all link this yourself as your book mark.

Enjoy and use wisely.

Cool, thanks, now if we could have a permanent button with this would be great :wtg:

This also works:

Code:
www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&exclude=15,42,43,50

Filter on selling / Buying ?

I would like to have a filter here on selling/buying threads..
Why ? Because 90% of the new threads are about selling/buying and I don't want to read those..
I agree that this will cut my posts by 90% but so what..

as an afterthough so many threads about selling ???? should we get out now? lol

just don't read them. :scratch2:

people say its due to summer. but its not people are trying to free up ped an hold lets value in it.s that have a high risk attached. i.e. almost everything. nothing to be worried about. just people getting wiser about the true value of items. most are likely to drop over 90% of there value over the coming months

I would like to have a filter here on selling/buying threads..
Why ? Because 90% of the new threads are about selling/buying and I don't want to read those..
I agree that this will cut my posts by 90% but so what..

as an afterthough so many threads about selling ???? should we get out now? lol

Have you seen this thread before?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ut-selling-and-buying-and-price-check-threads

It shows of a workaround to filter out the buying and selling threads so that you won't need to read them.

forum or auction house?

I replace the original text with something more usefull

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
I feel left out because I don't have anything I want to start a sell thread for.....

Had to smile as I read this. I feel the same lately everytime I visit the forum homepage.
Maybe ingame selling is so slow in summer that people place their expensive stuff here because it can stay here longer?

But sure as soon as the next VU arrives the complaining will take over again ;)

I replace the original text with something more usefull

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, and this issue is something that I have wanted to address for quite a while now, hopefully in a way that offered as much flexibility to members as possible.

There existed a third-party plugin for 3.x versions of the forum software which allowed members to exclude particular forums in their User CP from appearing in the New Posts search view. Sadly, that plugin was never made compatible with version 4.x of vBulletin, which is what PCF uses.

I still think PCF could benefit from reducing the visibility of trading forum threads. Therefore:

The New Posts search shortcut button in the Navbar on the top of every PCF page no longer lists threads from the Trading forum section. Trading forum threads will however still show up in normal forum searches.

I agree, and this issue is something that I have wanted to address for quite a while now, hopefully in a way that offered as much flexibility to members as possible.

There existed a third-party plugin for 3.x versions of the forum software which allowed members to exclude particular forums in their User CP from appearing in the New Posts search view. Sadly, that plugin was never made compatible with version 4.x of vBulletin, which is what PCF uses.

I still think PCF could benefit from reducing the visibility of trading forum threads. Therefore:

The New Posts search shortcut button in the Navbar on the top of every PCF page no longer lists threads from the Trading forum section. Trading forum threads will however still show up in normal forum searches.

Great, ty :cool:

The button still works for me (thank god!) and I do hope you don't mess with it. Buying and selling in a RCE is the most important featuren of the game so don't hide it. I really can't see how much of a problem it can be to let it stay like it is.

Great initiative 711 :)

from when will it Works?

Because I still have all the sellings threads

regards Crystal

The button still works for me (thank god!) and I do hope you don't mess with it. Buying and selling in a RCE is the most important featuren of the game so don't hide it. I really can't see how much of a problem it can be to let it stay like it is.

:wise: Agreed

Really don't see the problem. After all, theres the big red & blue Selling: & Buying: headers to place in front of your title. Their whole purpose & reason they are there is to be noticeable. If you notice them and not interested, can easily just read over it to the next title & so on. lol

I'm with the people that don't mind seeing the selling/buying threads. Is there any way to cancel the exclusions?
I clicked Tepes's link and they are excluded now. Is this because I clicked that link or because of what 711 has done?
Cheers

Unfortunetly I only use the "New Posts" button to check all threads, including buy/sell ones, so this has completly ruined my experience! :mad:

Great initiative 711 :)

from when will it Works?

Because I still have all the sellings threads

regards Crystal

It already works, at least I get the new version (without sell/buy) when clicking on the 'New Posts' button in the top light grey bar.

And when clicking on 'Today's Posts' in the dark grey bar, there's still the trading threads included.
When logged in, clicking on 'New Posts' or 'Quick Links' > 'Today's Posts' in the dark grey bar, also shows the old version.

So there's a button for both choices: great solution, makes checking the forum easier for everybody. :thumbup:

Unfortunetly I only use the "New Posts" button to check all threads, including buy/sell ones, so this has completly ruined my experience! :mad:
yup.... :/

Where's the today's post thing to click? I just don't come here to read other people's dribble. I look at the buy sell thread titles even if I don't want what is being sold...:scratch2:

Thanks May. Answered my question before I got done posting it :p

Is it me or does PCF turn more and more into an auction house.
While playing the game, from time to time I click the new posts button; and most of the time over 80% are buying/selling threads.
From the other posts, half is about LA events and such. Even the poor loot whinning has been subdued :eyecrazy:

what's happening?

As as already been said, its the Summer lull between big VU releases.

I make a fairly safe prediction that with the Sep / Oct Vu's based on historic alterations there will be plenty to discuss.

Bear in mind for every seller there is a buyer, and buyers are often more quiet than sellers - no need for concern :)

Regarding 711's post regarding selling threads, I dont mind them I can skim the Red Selling tag easily but I know it irritates some, by making changes you may be the victim of unintended consequences, sellers want buyers, and you may see people "accidentally" selling in general discussion for example.

I'd never ignore them personally, I might miss a bargain or an upgrade.... ;)

Plenty of sellers because there is a huge VU coming and Moon release with heaps of hot property to buy, so I suspect players are conserving Peds. Also with the poor returns on hunting and 20-30% successes in crafting the whole deal has slowed down. I do hope the VU is next week, got so bored have barely played lately, just grabbing the odd material off AH for BPs I want to click in the future, when the success rates improve.

Lol the button works now.

Epic fail Neo, hope you see it yourself!

Back