Getting No Return Mining!!!

ok ok

ok thank u parlog np...

i didnt really want advice, but will look at all finders u have stated when i have the peds too buy 1, cos i really cant afford one now atm obviously i cant cos MA taking it all hahahahah

ok thanks to all

then try tt finder in west eudoria, costs nothing and will be maxed on stuff nobody likes read nobody mines, all yours

Why is it, after evey mining trip i do i am always down, i am now lvl 10 surveyer and lvl 7 prospector and i am using a of 105 and i am always down by 20-35peds per 50 bombs, and i recently returned from CND where i lost 1500peds in 5 days, i am just getting really upset, that i am seeing my peds dissappear so fast because i am not getting any return, this surely is not justified losing the amount of peds i am losing every day i mine, i keep depositing because i am losing my peds and i am not getting any big hits to recover my losses, i feel this is soo unfair 7 DAYS its been happening for now and i am getting really upset,

and i dont need to know any advice cos i have been playing this game for 8 years on and off with various avatars, so i know how to mine, so it is not my strategy, it is something wrong with MA side, because it is surely wrong for me to lose every trip

RJ Rob

welcome to my world :) expect that I don't lose 1500PED in 5 days. Allthough every mining run with my own money is a loss :scratch2:

Don't go to CND with your skills ....

It's a good gamble once in a while. I've globalled with less skill on cnd than him :3

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Finder&name=OreFinder_OF-105

The OF-105 isn't maxed until level 11 Prospector.

No wonder your returns suck... :rolleyes:

Start using L equipment... and don't worry that it will break at some point. Decay is decay. It's more important to use equipment that you can use efficiently than to worry about whether or not an item will break. If it breaks, buy a new one and help stimulate the economy. Buying L equipment supports the crafters that in turn buy your ores...

And for God sakes don't feel obligated to use enhancers. It's a terrible system and has never been proved to increase your returns. All it's going to do is increase the markup that you pay to other players...

ok

ok thanks again :)

Why is it, after evey mining trip i do i am always down, i am now lvl 10 surveyer and lvl 7 prospector and i am using a of 105 and i am always down by 20-35peds per 50 bombs, and i recently returned from CND where i lost 1500peds in 5 days, i am just getting really upset, that i am seeing my peds dissappear so fast because i am not getting any return, this surely is not justified losing the amount of peds i am losing every day i mine, i keep depositing because i am losing my peds and i am not getting any big hits to recover my losses, i feel this is soo unfair 7 DAYS its been happening for now and i am getting really upset,

and i dont need to know any advice cos i have been playing this game for 8 years on and off with various avatars, so i know how to mine, so it is not my strategy, it is something wrong with MA side, because it is surely wrong for me to lose every trip

RJ Rob

I see 2 things off the bat here.1 your level is quite low actually, and your not using maxed out finders. The location you mine at is very important and also the distance between each dropped bomb. If your dropping too many close to each other, you will lose. I mine regularly and i lose average 20% only. Seems about the same as always.Your losing 50%, quite a bit. There are some very bad dry areas in this game that give almost 0 return, i once dropped 200 bombs with next to no return in some areas and retested it months later and same thing. Keep a log of where you find stuff, tends to re-spawn in same areas.

i am now lvl 10 surveyer and lvl 7 prospector and i am using a of 105 and i am always down

Are those levels supposed to be high?

And why of-105? At low levels I think you would be way better off with some L tool you have SIB on.

Also, you will still lose a lot of the time.. its the way EU works.

Another valid point. You said you've played 8 years, so you 'know how to mine'. I can assume you are selling your mined ores for going MU (if you're TTing them or crafting stuff yourself with your own mined ores, it'd be no wonder you're not getting a good return).

Your return rate is average for anyone playing EU (80~85% on TT spent), the other ~15% is supposed to be made back in MU to other players. Don't mine lyst :silly2:. Mine things with markup, accumulate enough that it gives a decent profit in a single chunk, and sell it all.

Good luck.

Are those levels supposed to be high?

And why of-105? At low levels I think you would be way better off with some L tool you have SIB on.

Also, you will still lose a lot of the time.. its the way EU works.

As this man said.
Well maybe he didn't say it, but it looked like he did to me;
Why use of-105 at your current skilllevel? Its just, not suitable, use something that gives you SIB that you are closed to maxed on with your levels. Would benefit you more.

Your skill-level is close to non-exisiting. so. . . 105 is a bit hard to deal with at your current level.

The return might not be better however, we never know...

Your mining returns suck because mining sucks these days, and has for a while. I once considered myself a miner but when the returns dropped, I quit it. I'm high 20's prof in ores and enmatters, so if my skills aren't good enough, yours definitely ain't. I think MA put raised the levels required (in skills, finders and amps) for good returns beyond what they used to be.
And OF105 only requires lvl 2.9 to use it and maxes not much higher, so it should work for you. It ain't the finder.

And OF105 only requires lvl 2.9 to use it and maxes not much higher, so it should work for you. It ain't the finder.

I guess you missed my post and entropedia link that shows the 105 maxes at level 11...

Personally, I have never had good returns when using equipment while in the SIB period. Not only are you failing to use the item to it's full potential, but you are receiving more skills in return, which will cost you since skills are worth money. Now if you are out for the skill gains with no regard to return, then by all means, use the equipment in the SIB period.

But with regards to your statement, I disagree and suggest that it IS the finder, and changing it to something that is no longer in the SIB period should positively affect one's average returns

Don't go to CND with your skills ....

Exactly. Level 10 is very little for CND. Firstly the OP must to learn how to survive with mining in Calypso. (this is a process, because is not only necesary to have skills, if not, first at all, discover how mining works and how and when do it) ;)

RJ Rob

You don't need any advice and you know how to mine but you lose every trip? :scratch2:

RJ Rob

Here is something you might think about.
MA might not be so greedy as you think, yet the players in general deposit a lot less atm.
This reduces the amount of peds for the returns, it seems to be a pattern that started in 2008.
I don't know the answer, but this to me seems to be the problem.
Been in the same boat as you for the past weeks in hunting. I guess my or our peds are used atm,
to pay back others. This week it turned a bit for me, hope your luck changes soon. ;)

Just my two pec.

Last edited:
Here is something you might think about.
MA might not be so greedy as you think, yet the players in general deposit a lot less atm.
This reduces the amount of peds for the returns, it seems to be a pattern that started in 2008.
I don't know the awnser but this to me seems to be the problem.
Been in the same boat as you for the past weeks in hunting, yet this week it turned a bit for me.
Hope your luck changes soon. ;)

Just my two pec.

True, that makes sense actually :) due to all the economic crap going on right now, people have tighten there pockets a bit

i hope so too

hehe thanks, i hope my luck changes soon too, thank for advice even though i didnt really need it hahahah

RJ Rob

Have to be patient friend!!, also has no level to mine in CND, I have more than double the levels in mining that you and always miss up there but you know mine. Do not despair! good luck......

Srry 2 hear for your big losses my advice 2 you is 2 try smaller runs with 20-30 booms maybe with smaller amps oa101/102 and try 2 change La don't mine always on same LA...
Good luck m8

I will not get it back it is obvious, MA see that i play this game pretty much 16 hours a day on and of so they see they have me hooked and i am depositing in some cases 3 times a week, so they can see i am hooked on the game, so they probly just dont care about giving me any payback its simple, thats what i really think, maybe im wrong, but who knows, i would like some MA officials to reply to this post please, because i am sure sick of the standard replys i get through contacting MA support

RJ Rob

so you have a gambling addiction.. its not the game you need help dude..

o and if you lost 1500 ped on cnd do note thats GAMBLED away... you went on to long while losing.

o and your skill very low i am about double in mining skil i use a t10 and hardly loosse on mining (very little stop when to many no finds) . overal (a month time) i profit a little on it and get skills

you are quite a big noob. you say you played for 8 years and don't need advice. i'm sorry, but your story does not add up. and if you think that you are doing everything right and losing 60% per run (as you claim) you are clearly not doing something right.

first, you claim to play 16 hours a day and yet you are only level 7? or 10? or whatever. i think if you spent 16 hours a day for maybe 2-3 days you would already be above these levels without even using amps.
second, you go to cnd to lose 1500 ped? this is not even a big amount to lose on cnd. i know people that lose 1500 ped per mining run on cnd, doing multiple runs in a day. maybe if you stopped playing like a retard, you could get better returns.
third, ask any real miner how they break even or profit on a regular basis, and most if not all of them will not be the ones on CND dropping oa-105's hoping to 'hit the big one'

SURE, its possible to get lucky and get ath on cnd with big amp, but the majority of people don't get that luck. the only way to break even / profit in mining is targeting resources with higher markup. CND does not have many resources worth mining anymore, especially paying 5% tax.

the bottom line is, you are mining like a giant noob. and you come here to bitch about your losses. either ask for some advice, or stop complaining. we all lose TT in the long run, but some people have figured out how to play without depositing in hopes of 'chasing the big one to balance it all out'. if you're not willing to ask for their advice, and all you wanna do is complain, you deserve to keep losing.

just my 2 cents, take it or leave it

you are quite a big noob. you say you played for 8 years and don't need advice. i'm sorry, but your story does not add up. and if you think that you are doing everything right and losing 60% per run (as you claim) you are clearly not doing something right.

first, you claim to play 16 hours a day and yet you are only level 7? or 10? or whatever. i think if you spent 16 hours a day for maybe 2-3 days you would already be above these levels without even using amps.
second, you go to cnd to lose 1500 ped? this is not even a big amount to lose on cnd. i know people that lose 1500 ped per mining run on cnd, doing multiple runs in a day. maybe if you stopped playing like a retard, you could get better returns.
third, ask any real miner how they break even or profit on a regular basis, and most if not all of them will not be the ones on CND dropping oa-105's hoping to 'hit the big one'

SURE, its possible to get lucky and get ath on cnd with big amp, but the majority of people don't get that luck. the only way to break even / profit in mining is targeting resources with higher markup. CND does not have many resources worth mining anymore, especially paying 5% tax.

the bottom line is, you are mining like a giant noob. and you come here to bitch about your losses. either ask for some advice, or stop complaining. we all lose TT in the long run, but some people have figured out how to play without depositing in hopes of 'chasing the big one to balance it all out'. if you're not willing to ask for their advice, and all you wanna do is complain, you deserve to keep losing.

Word!

With that low a budget you are properly also loosing money by dumbing ores at low% on buyers -3 or maybe 5% on top. Saying that Ma bugged your avatar to loose, i got 1 question.

why should you be different to the rest of us?

Regarding you loosing more than the rest of us, i hardly think your short mining period is a "rock solid" evidence, it goes up and down, you are properly in a middle or lower period now.

why should you be different to the rest of us?

The answer is very simple, dear friend, EU is not a gambling game!! ;)

(and if you dont believe thats... inclusive, in a gambling game you can be a gamer and not a gambler:

You can see here the story about Roulette´s Player from Spain named Gonzalo García Pelayo
http://www.onlineroulette.co.uk/roulette-stories/41-stories/117-gonzalo-garcia-pelayo.html

In each game, a player can be so gambler as he wish to be, not more)

Last edited:
The answer is very simple, dear friend, EU is not a gambling game!! ;)

(and if you dont believe thats... inclusive, in a gambling game you can be a gamer and not a gambler:

You can see here the story about Roulette´s Player from Spain named Gonzalo García Pelayo
http://www.onlineroulette.co.uk/roulette-stories/41-stories/117-gonzalo-garcia-pelayo.html

In each game, a player can be so gambler as he wish to be, not more)

That is excactly what i am saying, sorry i dont get what you mean?

That is excactly what i am saying, sorry i dont get what you mean?

sorry man, your question seems to me, a good oportunity to explain, why some avatars gets betters results than others... ;)

Peace! +rep

Last edited:
skills have no influence on cnd
I second that

and this.

Also...
I won't explain anything to you since you seem to be experienced on your 8th year longevity in EU.
Also...
I won't answer more than this so I don't get hate topics on me

Best Post in this thread. OP should read it a few times ;)

You GO girl/guy.....
so true .. so true...

I don't get it... your first post (OP) looks like searching for advice. And later you say you don't need it :scratch2: so do you need it in the end? If no, just don't read the post...

RJ-Rob, you may have been around for 8 years but you are a noob in my humble oppinion.
The game has changed and you didn't adjust imho. If you didn't notice the arrival of (L) tools and you didn't try to find out why are they there and how UL has changed due to (L) arrival - you are one big noob.
That is ofc if you really played for 8 years. With your levels I assume breaks you write about were about 1 year long for one month playing... Unless you chipped out massively, if so, I do apologise. But still, I don't think your story adds up well....

Why your return sucks?

1. OF-105 - wrong level for it, at your level (L) tools are the tools, 211 (L) should work well, then check out Z series.
2. CND - I wouldn't go there with your skills to start with, wouldn't mine it amped at your level either (if you did, you are addicted) but if you have to go there ffs use proper tools...
3. CND + OF-105 is a good choice, but only after you've maxed it out a long time ago
4. Maybe you mine wrong places? Did you notice the map changed? I think you did... did you do a research on what's where?
5. It seems to me you have no idea about timing of the drops
6. Decay of (L) amps and MU you pay each time you buy it is a pain for you? What's more of the pain - (L) or minus in tt on each run?
7. Enchancers are there to be used, right. But they are NOT obligatory... it's not that your (L) seeker will stop working when you don't put them on...

All to all... you need to be very lucky to get anything decent. I suppose you will in the end, something that will cover the losses at least partly. After 16h a day it's more than likely... and with all the deposits

But what do I know, you have been here for 8 years after all, and I'm a n00b :rolleyes:

I also think OP is losing it....
MAN you need an advice there is no chance to lose on all trips planetside if u mine proper places and if u mine properly. NO CHANCE!!!

Back