Getting Ridiculous

Zane

Stalker
Society
Free Entropia Rangers
Zane Bear Hirak
This happens to me quite frequently and I wondered if it happened to anyone else. About once each hour or so, EU inexplicably closes itself. Quick fade to black, then I'm dumped at my desktop. I never had this problem prior to around 10.3, but it's every god damn day now.

I guess this thread should also be in the wishlist section because I wish MA would put fixing the game on their to-do-list.

Does this happen to anyone else? Do you share my annoyance??? :(

Not happening with me Zane, I'm running on xp pro final release if might be OS related.

Do you get the "running out of virtual memory" error?

Do you have some swapfile created for virtual memory?

Does it happen when you move your mouse in the lower area of the interface and go outside the window?

Do you monitor GPU parameters to see if everything is ok?

Do different graphic settings matter?

Do you get the "running out of virtual memory" error?

Do you have some swapfile created for virtual memory?

Does it happen when you move your mouse in the lower area of the interface and go outside the window?

Do you monitor GPU parameters to see if everything is ok?

Do different graphic settings matter?

No virtual memory error. There is no error message, it just shuts down.

No Swapfile.

Doesn't matter where I move the cursor. Many times I'm idling.

I should monitor parameters.

Graphics settings don't matter.

I have reason to believe that it's something to do with the newer VU's. Never had the problem pre-10.3. I'm running Vista Home 32.

I had the same problem in vista 32
My solution was to wipe all traces of eu from my system, and re-install with 10.3 full download, download the update patches as normal with loader.
This didn't work for me.

I then un-installed the c redistributable and installed with latest version I could find and bingo - solid as a rock ever since.

I had the same problem in vista 32
My solution was to wipe all traces of eu from my system, and re-install with 10.3 full download, download the update patches as normal with loader.
This didn't work for me.

I then un-installed the c redistributable and installed with latest version I could find and bingo - solid as a rock ever since.

As much as I don't want to reinstall, I think I probably will. Thanks for the info! +rep

Not happening to me. I use win XP pro SP3.

PE randomly alt-tabs for me which I haven't cared enough to figure out. If I go idle for a few minutes (i.e. to PEE) when I return, I'm looking at a minimized Entropia and my desktop.

Running Win7 x64 *shrugs*

Dunno, I just don't. Why would I need one?

If you do not know, how do you know you do not have one ?!:scratch2:
It's needed to offload some "important but not important enough to keep in RAM" stuff to harddisk, system will not run stable without one.
Did you maybe try some tweaking tool?
Those can fiddle with a lot of settings and really are not worth the trouble using (2-5% performance increase with some applications, 5-10% decrease with others).
Besides that it could be almost anything, from failing RAM to harddisk to virus to PSU or simply the computer wanting more attention from you and having those days.
Maybe check the logfiles what caused the error.

Dunno, I just don't. Why would I need one?
So maybe EU (or any other program) doesn't crash when bumping up the memory allocation pool?

no problem here

xp sp2
biostar motherboard e5200 2 MBram
video ndivia geoforce 8400gs 512

neher happened that before, maybe because i run the program no so high ?

gl

Back