Getting weaker return after HoF?

Have your HoF(s) affected your normal returns?

• Total voters

Rattler Llama

Stalker
Rattler Llama Simpsons
Hi all!

I've played in 2 years now and have deposited 10 $ and then 35 $.

The 17th of December I was out mining (At this time i've only done a 10 $ deposit) and hit an Enormous Magerian mist. :yay:. at 3.2k peds :)

Many people told me my return would be hell for some time, but it has been as the usual, and even got a 265 ped atrox about ½ month later.

So no changes really the first month after my HoF.

Until now about 2 months after. I get no return at all, and loot sucks. (As always lol)

Just wanted to ask people, if your HoF(s) have made a difference in your normal returns later on?

Hope to get some good answers :) And see ya all ingame.

Rattler Llama Simpsons

I miss the "HOF? What's a HOF?"-option :(

Yeah I had a 51 ped global lately and the next 2 weeks the loot was hell! :D

Nah to be honoustly I deposited roughly 30-40K peds over the years and biggest loot ever was like 800 ped so I cant really say I expierenced any of this.
I can only conclude your a lucky bastard and you deserve some bad loot after an uber (j/k ;))

My experience is that the return is lowers after a hof, but I think its a combination of cycling more peds after a hof with that. At least i did some stupid things i wouldnt normally do with my deposits.

Yeah I had a 51 ped global lately and the next 2 weeks the loot was hell! :D

Nah to be honoustly I deposited roughly 30-40K peds over the years and biggest loot ever was like 800 ped so I cant really say I expierenced any of this.
I can only conclude your a lucky bastard and you deserve some bad loot after an uber (j/k ;))

Ouch VmaX! 30-40k with a max of 800 ped. :scratch2: Then i must be a lucky bastard lol :wtg:

..its dynamic

"I haven't had a HoF" isn't an option. :mad:

I must have missed the HoF before my bad period .... :(:broke::(

I had a 1k and a 6.5k this week, and that came after what seemed like a very poor period for me, especially for the last month or so, and I'd had no really good loots for a year before that (a 300-odd Neconu being the best).

It remains to be seen whether the 6.5k will kill my loot for the next 6 months, but hopefully I've already covered it before HoFfing :)

after a pretty good december and early january when i was getting quite a few low end hofs/big globals, the last few weeks have been barren. like someone said, its dynamic, and sometime you just have to grin and bare it.

Have not been playing for long, have yet to get a hof, but did get a 100 ped Global. Otherwise nothing much at all.

At least i did some stupid things i wouldnt normally do with my deposits.

dblood you nailed it on the head (note i am not calling you stupid please dont think that)...

the more ped you have the less you care about keeping it so you take more risks, chances and get sloopy thus the ped card can empty faster.. upgrades, bigger creatures, etc..

llamma if your doing the same things before the hof in all likely hood your returns will be a normal mix we all experience of good and bad.. factor in any changes you made to make a proper evaluation.

Yep, for me it is.
After my 2 hofs i had no globs for months.
And almost all hunting runs where loss.

greetings,

bigdeal

Why would you think your returns today have anything to do with an event that happened 2 months ago and didn't seem to change anything then?

I know what you're saying; it's like imagining that a critical hit raises the chances of the next one missing; some things happen just enough to think there's a pattern, but as I've seen in EU, patterns do exist but they ain't this obvious:)

Hurrikane

Hills and valleys and the valleys keep getting deeper. I`m in a valley currently after two 1k plus hofs in the past month mining. The valley was deep between them and so was the one between these two recent ones and a 2k crafting hof the end of November, Now I am back down to 25PED and bare storage once again and right on schedule. Hopefully I get a catchup hof soon. Unfortunately I`ll have to deposit to do it or sell something I`d rather not to keep rolling.

Where's the "I've never gotten a HoF" option?

Hey guys, want to say thanks for all the replies. Keep 'em coming ;)

So far over 50% means it haven't changed. So thats a good sign i would say :)

I made this thread, because many people have talked about getting worser return, but the next moment it changed back again. The purpose is to get lots of votes, to see the general opinion, and then play after that.

The poll: "I've never gotten a HoF" will not be added, it will change the %, and since this is a thread about returns AFTER a HoF, i can't see the purpose of the poll.

Please correct me if I'm mistaking :)

Hope to get more replies and stuff, and feel free to pm me for more detailed information after my mining HoF.

See ya all ingame :rolleyes:

Rattler Llama Simpson

here's some of my mining return. x-axis is not proportional to turnover.

pic above doesnt really support "crap loot after big one". sometimes the run after a peak is rather sucky (@ 2k, @9.6k), but there are also sucky runs without a hof (@14.3k), crap runs before a hof (@start, @32k) and average runs after a hof (@33k). no mining hof above 800ped here fyi.

I always get global/hof in succession, so no, I don't see a depression in the lootcycle when I hit big. Example being mining particularly, I don't think I have ever hit just one global within 24 hours, it's usually 2-3 within 2-3 hours of the first one.
Although I wonder if this is because I often move areas after a big hit.. :scratch2:

I got a 5.5 K hof lately on Maff and it took me 3 weeks to loose 50% of it on hunting without any good result.
(the other 50% I had to turn over to GF)
So yes, my results where pretty crappy after getting a large hof

I got 1.8k from combi old back in november 2008.
From that moment returns drasticaly felt.
It was slowly getting better from february, but again, next event came and it is very bad again.
Btw...Isnt this right time to slow down cash out money out of system by MA? When will they realize it? When next 20-30% more accounts become inactive?

Once you hit a hof (i believe) you may have single handedly emptied the loot pool of it's overspill and the rest of the loot needs to build back up.. i've hof'd and had a few days of continual good loots and i've hof'd and had continual bad loots i do think it's down to the overall condition of the "lootpool"

Voted the last option ("even better"). I had 4 hofs (all are below 1k though) so far and every time it was the opening of an amazing weeklong luck period, after which I didn't have to depo for a couple of weeks :).

Funny, the 40+ HoFs in the WoF last weekend didn't seem affected by the ones that happened just before them at all:)

Hurrikane

Acutally, Rattler, almost the same thing happened to my wife when she started, small $30 deposit, huge 3.3k HOF on Crude Oil (15 hours total drilling time, low skills on terminal drills) then only one decent global in the next few months....only recently has picked back up, but there was a long long dry spell....

Back