GF9600 excelent for CryENGINE2?

this was exactly what i was refering to ealier, make sure you are comparing apples with apples. some 512mb card will be slower memory speed than a 256mb version. if the price is the same/similar, chances are the 512mb is actually going to run slower. But a top spec cards with 512mb or more at full clock speed will obviously always be better, but you have to pay top price for it.

Ah, just a lil missunderstanding of what you meant then :p

I really hope my GeForce 8600 would be enough, but I doubt it.

It will run crysis fine :D I use a geforce 8600GT and it works quite well on crysis which will suck up the juice much more than EU running cryengine, but yes, I will be upgrading it during the summer to a 96-9800 anyway, depending on price and performance increase :)

I use 8800GTS 512mb and it works fine on any game/mmo.

However as far as any online game goes, you are all forgetting the most important ingredient which is your connection speed....:scratch2:

For the people talking about buying more then one card for Cross Fire or SLI..

It would most likely be a better choice to only buy one card and put that other money towards a Intel Quad Core CPU.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Having 2 graphics card's doesn't "Double" your performance. It gives some performance increase. But many would argue it's not worth it, unless the rest of your machine is already maxed out. And you have more money to throw around for a bit more performance lol.

Last edited:
Back