Help: Ghost, Gremlin or Vigilante?

Fenix2009

Old
which is of the following armor gives a general protection for hunting mid-level mods, considering his MU and decai: Ghost, Gremlin or Vigilante.

sorry for my English

I would say Gremlin. Actually 90% of the time I'm using it.

One of my first mistakes was to change shogun for a ghost only after 6 months of play. Sure the ghost have realy nice protection but with a lower evade level your repairs will be very high. Defense costs, armor + fap decay, should be always under 5% of your total run spent.

Very high protection can make you hunt above your levels making you lose fast, so if I could back in time I would get gremlin instead of ghost.

The set's I have at moment: gnome for low level hunting, gremlin for everything that I like to hunt and hunter mentor edition (3 parts are regular hunter, can't find those in mentor edition with ok mu's) for the sporadic robots hunt. In combination with 5B's and 6A's plates this is all I need!

As Fanan said, Gremlin. Tho Ghost and Vigilante have their uses for certain mobs above a certain evader level (42)

Do not go for Vigilante unless you have an affinity for hunting long range bots or other mobs that do burn/penetration. This is where Vigi shines against almost all other low-mid level armors (though I quit playing for a while, so there are probably many new armors that are competitive).

It's greatest weakness is that the impact protection is very low (7.5) and a great many mid level mobs do impact damage. It also has no acid or electric protection, which gremlin and ghost have (more so respectively) which make them somewhat versatile (but they are both weak against Bots).

I don't think the durability differences between these 3 armors should be much of a factor.
Any of these 3 armors will do fine for you, there are plenty of armor platings you can buy to compensate for lack of protection in certain areas.

Keep in mind however... Vigi looks cooler than both ghost and gremlin put together ^_^

^^^ Buy it for that reason :cool:

Also: Chip evade

:)

Viceroy would also be an option... Anyway I don't know your lvls but you can kill alooooot of things in adjusted pixie and 5bs rather then upgrading armor

If you're at lvl25+ and already using 5b plates (pulsar 8 plates works just as well, very cheap) I say sure buy gremlin

If you do not have plates or is below lvl25 I say adj pixie

(I use my adj pixie a lot, killing sumima and scip just fine, having an adj sk-20 healer or si heart makes it even better so upgrading isn't always necessary )

Viceroy would also be an option...

the rest of your comment was pretty good but how you could recommend that rip-off that is viceroy to anyone i dont understand.
basically you are paying 130% of TT value to the planet partner and you cant trade it to recover any of that value by selling it if you wish to upgrade or change your play style. this PP is breaking the basic premise of the game with these bound items and i dont really think it needs any encouraging from us, unless we are all turkeys voting for christmas that is.

I find the Jarhead pretty useful. I'm still using that set :)

the rest of your comment was pretty good but how you could recommend that rip-off that is viceroy to anyone i dont understand.
basically you are paying 130% of TT value to the planet partner and you cant trade it to recover any of that value by selling it if you wish to upgrade or change your play style. this PP is breaking the basic premise of the game with these bound items and i dont really think it needs any encouraging from us, unless we are all turkeys voting for christmas that is.

You can sell it back to same mission broker for TT value.

Agree regarding Viceroy. It's simply not worth it through the mission chain. Maybe if it starts dropping off mobs.

Pretty sure Gremlin is far cheaper based on current MU, and both armors have pretty much identical stats.

You can sell it back to same mission broker for TT value.

Yep they introduced that options on the last VU but you can only sell the full set at once! Still better than how it was before but you still lossing all the markup payed for the materials and the fact that you can't just sell one part it's bad too.

Agree regarding Viceroy. It's simply not worth it through the mission chain. Maybe if it starts dropping off mobs.

Pretty sure Gremlin is far cheaper based on current MU, and both armors have pretty much identical stats.

Good thing viceroy (not skullcandy) is dropping of mobs then ;) not checked stats just saying there are equal valued armors other then above mentioned

Also jarhead for 500+ is a steal and will last you until at least lvl50 but as I don't know OPs lvl I only mentioned similar armors

adj pixie. add 5bs for bigger mobs.

Don't see any reason to use bigger; if you wanna go mental and hunt some high dmg just buy some (L) necromancer or lich or perseus.

Since when is that? If that was true, what would be the point for existing of the quest for the soulbound set?

i have the same concern as svarog - didnt think viceroy would drop from mobs

Since when is that? If that was true, what would be the point for existing of the quest for the soulbound set?

i have the same concern as svarog - didnt think viceroy would drop from mobs

Since regular vice is not in entropedia I can only guess skullcandy is in someway better

Also while I agree that soul bound armors is a bad thing for entropia I feel safe knowing this is a set I can't sell when I'm broke again and enjoy hunting with as much as I do with gremlin

Last edited:
Since regular vice is not in entropedia I can only guess skullcandy is in someway better

Regular Viceroy replaced the SC edition as a reward in the 5th November PP update, stats are the same, the only difference is the turquoise skull on SC's forearm.

Also if I understand the notes correctly, there are different rules for turning in the sets back to NPC for tt value.

The original release notes quote:

Viceroy Armour

• Bill has altered the patterning of his customised and highly sought after Viceroy Armour. From now on, he will no longer be providing the special "SkullCandy" edition to people that speak to him after today. Instead, he will be offering standard Viceroy; it has the same stats, just not the blue skull on the shoulder plate.
  • If you have already spoken to him regarding getting a set of the SkullCandy version, he has agreed to supply it to those people that still have the mission active.
  • Bill has further agreed to accept unwanted sets of the Skullcandy version in trade for its TT value (full set only).
  • In addition, you may trade in either the full set or separate pieces of the standard Viceroy in exchange for its TT value. After doing so, you may once again take Bills mission in order to get a new set or new individual pieces if you wish to search for better tiering rates.

Regular Viceroy replaced the SC edition as a reward in the 5th November PP update, stats are the same, the only difference is the turquoise skull on SC's forearm.

Also if I understand the notes correctly, there are different rules for turning in the sets back to NPC for tt value.

The original release notes quote:

Oooh that explains things

Back