Gibbeting Pirates? Public Display in Cages in Space Port

Should Pirates be Gibbeted (or some other form of pubic display)?

• Keep space as is including logout bug.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Keep space as is but fix logout bug.

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Gibbet pirates for a period of time (or some other form of punishment).

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • Make space safe for everyone, kill PVP in space.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Whatever, I will just adjust to whatever MA does or no opinion.

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters
It happened at least 6+ times since Dec. It's actually more common than an ATH.

And even when it doesn't happen, the facts are, pirates are profiting, end of story. Just read Stagger's interview, and ask anyone. Almost every uber I've asked has admitted (and it's happened to me too) that they lost 5k+ all at once to pirates.

I've seen two mining ATH's in the past several days so I highly doubt that huge space pk's are more common than ATHs.

LOL. A few pirates may be profiting but if there were wholesale profits to be made I know about 100 ppl in game that would be all over it, including most of my soc. Most of the time, our MS transits space unmolested.

An interview with Stagger is most likely puffery, spin, swagger and bit of truth mixed in to confuse people.

Nobody in my soc has suffered any significant losses and I don't see 5k plus losses in soc chat at all. Only this once. I am not saying that SoF is uber, uber, uber, etc, only that we are pretty well hooked into what's actually happening.

5k+ loots where common.

Around 5months ago they stopped.

Now you just find the odd 20k+

5k+ loots where common.

Around 5months ago they stopped.

Now you just find the odd 20k+

Why are people travelling thru space with 5k loots and not logging out unless it's a tax on stupid?

Why are people travelling thru space with 5k loots and not logging out unless it's a tax on stupid?

They either were in quads/sleips or logged in/out at the wrong moment on larger spacecrafts that run their flights based on logout concept.
There is only one service running officially scheduled flights with logged in passengers as standard and that one hasnt had any passengers loose their loot ;)

With this kind of logic, the captain/owner of the MS (the one who paid for it) can't transport HIS OWN lootables safely.

Of course s/he can.... Thats what s/he hires people for... Do you think the CEOs/Owners/Shareholders/etc... of Boeing, Delta, Virgin Atlantic, etc.... pilot their planes when going on business trips?
(sure sometimes some of them will depending on the plane and trip etc.... but I am talking a typical trip on one of their jumbo jets)

This is one of the only 'buisnesses' in the game that can actually support owners/investors hiring players to work for them. This is great for the community and great for the economy.

My ships are VIP on request and contact through our site is fast, but as owner I am an in game PM or skype or phone call away and if i want to travel, I am my own #1 VIP, the crew is there instantly for me when I ask and I can be anywhere in the game within a few minutes on a whim, 100% safely.

My point is, that for the current system to work you still need to hire players which is beneficial for everyone.

Pirates are still getting their loot, Players are able to work for wages, MS owners are still making their profits, Planets economies are still separated, Low SI ships have a much more difficult time than high SI ships, it seems to be working well.

Yes there should be new stuff added to space, and hopefully we see mining, more pvp opportunities for those who enjoy it, more activities to participate in space, the moon, etc....

But this should not be done at the cost of current players security, it should be done in addition, not as a nerf, there are too many players who would quit in disgust for MA to afford making some of the radical changes some suggest.

These loots are from MS

You can no longer be safe when logging out, if you MS gets destroyed, even when logged out. well your loot is the pirates.

These loots are from MS

You can no longer be safe when logging out, if you MS gets destroyed, even when logged out. well your loot is the pirates.

Has this been implemented yet??

That's why separate inventories on each of the different planets is preferable....as soon as they become viable. Not there yet.

Has this been implemented yet??

That's why separate inventories on each of the different planets is preferable....as soon as they become viable. Not there yet.

Sorry man, you have been trolled.

You have a MS in your soc, ask the guys that run it, don't listen to pirates.

Art Jennifer said:
These loots are from MS

Oviously Bismarck Crew just went out and tested this. It seems to have proven to be a falicie. I suggest if you have lost loot after logging out correctly on a MS or Privateer - put in a support case to MindArk and grab some attention that way.

If this was implemented, then there would be an ATH every minute!! MA would buy WOW and make it a planet, and old MJ would be back singing beat it!!! ;)

"beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it, if you don't like your eggs cold then re-heat it!
Make a nice planet, make all dance. If this doesn't work then buy some new pants.... just beat it, beat it....."

Back