Goal: Unlocking Avoidance

Wow I wish I had that kind of luck I went thru 200 peds of ammo a whole CB13 and I dont know how much armor and fap decay and I never got one global. If I remember coerrectly I lost about 110 ped so I gave up and went back to Argos

Argo's on the half dozen hunts I've done on em have treated me badly, :(

Run #4
Drones east of Jason

Cost
Ammo: 200.00
Weapon + amp Decay: 19.66
Armor Decay: 10.59
Fap Decay: 0.43

Total Cost: 230.68

Loot

Trade Terminal: 206.18 @ 100% = 206.18
Gazzurdite: 27.25 @ 135% = 36.79
Paint, extractors, etc: 16.10 @ 105% = 16.91
Erdorium: 1.20 @ 120% = 1.44

Total Value: 261.32

Globals/HOF
None

Information:

Weapon: Beer M2(L) + 102
Armor: Explorer + 6A plating
Fap: T1 regular, Fap-50 Emergency

Profit/Loss: 30.64 Ped's

Total Profit/Loss: 159.57 Ped's

+10 Dodge

+17 Rifle

+2 First Aid

Comments
Stopped hunt after 90 ped expended for some minor profit cause I realised I had to go to the doc's office, :rolleyes:

Hmmm.....seems I chose a bad skill to unlock, :laugh:
Hmmmmmmm

So.....whats another unlock that might be worthy?
I quickly scanned the hunting unlocks on entropedia, and didnt notice anything.

Well i'm trying to unlock coolness since I got serendipity in sept'06. ;) And i'm still halve a lvl away, but I'm no hutner at all. My life is mining. :yay:

Rules 1-5 are complete nonsense. Doesn't matter if you do 100 10 PED hunts or 10 100 PED hunts. In the end you'll end up with the same averages. You also can't avoid bad periods. It's like having a break from coin flipping after 3 bad tries. More importantly, you don't gain dodge while hiding away from hunting drones, so these rules (2-5) are only hindering your progress, nothing else.

Good luck on the unlock, I hope you're going to endure the boredom of hunting drones. :)

Reactions: Lo.

Run #5
Drones east of Jason

Cost
Ammo: 200.00
Weapon + amp Decay: 20.20
Armor Decay: 9.38
Fap Decay: 1.95

Total Cost: 230.68

Loot

Trade Terminal: 283.39 @ 100% = 283.39
Gazzurdite: 21.50 @ 124% = 26.66
Paint, extractors, etc: 61.25 @ 105% = 64.31
Erdorium: 1.20 @ 120% = 1.44

Total Value: 375.80

Globals/HOF
74 Ped Bery Old

51 Ped Drone 01

Information:

Weapon: Beer M2(L) + 102
Armor: Explorer + 6A plating
Fap: T1 regular, Fap-50 Emergency

Profit/Loss: 145.12 Ped's

Total Profit/Loss: 304.69 Ped's

+14 Dodge

+22 Rifle

+4 First Aid

Comments
Stopped hunt after 90 peds expended, grabbed that nice bery after I was killed and trying to get back to the spawn. Shortly after, I got a 48 pedder loot and then finished off by the drone global.

Last edited:
Hey, my name is Tamn, I am primarily and always will be primarily a miner. But..I have come to realize how advantageous it is to be able to run faster, dodge mobs, kill other miners (*grins*) etc.

So, your reading this and wondering why I'm making a hunting thread, who cares that a miner wants a hunting skill. Well, because it gets very boring, and even if no-one ever ends up reading this, I still will have staved boredom off, so, all in all, It's still a success, :D

So, with that aside, lets begin! :yay:

Avoidance or Bust?

Goals: I am simply trying to unlock Avoidance, which requires lvl 25 dodger. I will attempt to break even, I do not expect to do this, nor do I intend on profiting. I am simply going to try and get the unlock for as little loss as possible. In doing so, I will further my skills which will help my mining greatly.

Mobs: I will be focusing mainly on low generation Drones. I have researched this quite a bit, and have come to the conclusion that they are the best chance to break even in my quest. Although....as I'm sure I will get ridiculously tired of killing solely drones, I will also be doing pvp4 Attackers.
Which also, have a great chance to do well, albeit....quite a bit of risk. (although, I will not be able to use my rule set on them)

Gear: I will be using a combination of different armor and plating combo's as my dodge skills increase. As for my healing, I will be using a Vivo T1 for out of combat healing, and a Fap-50 for in-combat heals. For weapons, I will be focusing mainly on skilling rifles as i do this, although I have been advised that pistols are more eco. I will probably end up using a combination of both in the end. I will post my gear selections of each individual run, so you can compare the costs etc.

Strategy

I have devised a strategy while being bored in my math class that I think should help me achieve my goal, mainly a set of guidelines to follow.
If you think I should amend them in any way, shape or form(including an addition or removal of rules), let me know, as I admit, their is probably some flaws with my reasoning. (remember I wrote this at 7 am during math class)

1. Never leave the hunt until 100 peds MINIMUM of AMMO are expended.

2. At any time after the Rule 1 has been completed, and I receive a loot of approximately 40+ peds, I shall immediately stop the hunt.

3. If I ever expend 200 peds of AMMO without a global, I shall immediately stop the hunt.

4. I will keep my hunts a MINIMUM of 24 hours apart from each other.

5. If I have 3 hunts in a row where I must stop the hunt because of lack of globals (while keeping Rule 4 valid), I shall halt all hunting for the period of 72 hours.

Thanks for reading my long intro (or scanning through it) I wish everyone the best of luck.

May lootious be with you,
Tamn

Its not avoidance thats the problem, it unlocks at like level 25, the big problem is the next unlock after avoidance, is at like level 80

So like 50000000000 years after you unlock avoidance, you will still be saying, yes one day ill be half way to next uplock.. cause it sure seems that way

Its not avoidance thats the problem, it unlocks at like level 25, the big problem is the next unlock after avoidance, is at like level 80

So like 50000000000 years after you unlock avoidance, you will still be saying, yes one day ill be half way to next uplock.. cause it sure seems that way

That comment has zero to do with this thread and I would appreciate it if you would leave useless comments off my thread.

Thanks...

I have already mentioned that I shall be going slow....I enjoy it this way...

That comment has zero to do with this thread and I would appreciate it if you would leave useless comments off my thread.

Thanks...

I have already mentioned that I shall be going slow....I enjoy it this way...

Dont listen to everyone else. You set a goal try to reach it, when you get there it will be well worth it. Keep up the good work.

too bad you cant probably use p5a yet:(
but maybe you should test replacing explorer with pixie

Im atm hunting drones too and getting around 3-5ped plates decay(+7pec of armor equipping tax in every second hunt) per 200ped of ammo (p5a(L)+a105)

Of course it takes more time to cycle trough same amount of ammo with m2a and you are longer exposed to every single drones hits, but by entropedia Gen 01 decays Explorer+6a by 1.987pec decay per hit and Pixie+6a (actually only 6a) by 1.477pec per hit.. thats like ~25% difference which should theoretically help to save you couple of peds in the end of the hunting session
You of course need to fap a little more.. which probably decreases those little savings..:scratch2:
Im not sure if stronger hits by mob generate better (bigger) defensive skillgains.. but medic skills are always good:)
anyway I wish you good luck with your goal:)

Actually Quickness unlocks at 55 Evader/Dodger.
And i also failed to find the relevance of this post to the OP :\

too bad you cant probably use p5a yet:(
but maybe you should test replacing explorer with pixie

Im atm hunting drones too and getting around 3-5ped plates decay(+7pec of armor equipping tax in every second hunt) per 200ped of ammo (p5a(L)+a105)

Of course it takes more time to cycle trough same amount of ammo with m2a and you are longer exposed to every single drones hits, but by entropedia Gen 01 decays Explorer+6a by 1.987pec decay per hit and Pixie+6a (actually only 6a) by 1.477pec per hit.. thats like ~25% difference which should theoretically help to save you couple of peds in the end of the hunting session
You of course need to fap a little more.. which probably decreases those little savings..:scratch2:
Im not sure if stronger hits by mob generate better (bigger) defensive skillgains.. but medic skills are always good:)
anyway I wish you good luck with your goal:)

Ya, hopefully by the end of the runs, I shall be using pixie. But for right now, I'm totally loving my armor setup, I think I have it tuned in perfectly for my lvl atm.

But ya, we'll see how it goes as I continue.

I didnt unlocked avoidance before combatsense, and im a pretty hardcore hunter, also I dont have 4k evade yet but I am lvl 33 evader. Im also lvl 27 dodger, but without any dodge point I would be about lvl 22 dodger.

I dont want to de-motivate you, but to reach 4k in dodge it takes a hell of much (S)killing.

Its better to aim at other goals and it will just come along right in time just before or just after combatsense (because combatsense helps for evader/dodger)

GL though..

Back