Goals and ambitions: a retread.

Peezle

Prowler
Banned
Society
Meezle
Peezle Peez McPee
Some time ago, I made a thread here about how it might be worthwhile, enjoyable, and worthy of this forum to have a section about individual player's ambitions.... whatever form that might take:

1. Hoping to get to lvl x in whatever skill.

2. Owning such and such item.

3. Getting to number 106 on Tracker in hunting or mining or crafting.

And so forth.

My idea was never complex, it was simply about finding a way for players to express themselves about what they wanted to do, which could be of course recorded later on another thread.

But the gap between what we want and what we get is often so long and so far distant is that people get lost along the way. Hence, why I suggested a connecting thread / area where people might find encouragment, fellow travellers, and reps.

A place where we might not feel so lonely in our silly ideas anymore.

The result would be and should be progress.

This said, I fell foul of 711 and I was - to be fair - somewhat harsh to him. He has his concerns. I did not respect them properly. But I have mine. And, when all is said and done, the forum would be richer, be happier, and be more vibrant.

Let us not forget.

Ok.. assuming this is that thread....

I want to skill myself to level 73 longblades.

Why level 73? In an old thread someone (don't remember who) took the task upon himself to check which level you would need to have to use old-school non-sib weapons with the same eco as a p5a.

Why would you want to use old-school weapons? Because I am old-school.

But it's far better to use L-stuff or sib unlimited? Maybe but I am old-school.

Ok.. assuming this is that thread....

I want to skill myself to level 73 longblades.

Why level 73? In an old thread someone (don't remember who) took the task upon himself to check which level you would need to have to use old-school non-sib weapons with the same eco as a p5a.

Why would you want to use old-school weapons? Because I am old-school.

But it's far better to use L-stuff or sib unlimited? Maybe but I am old-school.
so you want to get to the uber level where you can use an awesome 2x0 axe? Interesting goal. I started out with that weapon for the first three months my avatar was in game... that was in the days before sib was all that big of a deal. Hate to think how many peds went down the toilet because of that, lol.

would be nice to get that high of a level to use kat. determination though. ;)

My goals change day to day. Right now, I'm still working on the puny iron man mission, hoping to do the whole thing with my viper whip. Already got up to level 10 hit on whip and I'm only at a little over 800/5k on the mission at the moment. Hopefully whip skills will have some use when taming comes back.

Last edited:
Hate to think how many peds went down the toilet because of that, lol.

Yes and I have spent many peds down the toilet too. Hell, we all have.

My point is that I see 711 making threads agains excessive whining, which I agree with for the most part, but they are a kind of defensive move.

My feeling is that we need a space for people to post their ambitions, goals, ideas;that does not make them possible but that we might feel some affinity with them and so feel more positive within oursleves.

God knows there will always be things to bitch about, and God knows it will always bring us down.

Instead of fending off the bad feelings, let us find a place to encourage the good ones.

No, I am not a fanboy, far from it, but I hate the fact we sit back and don't encourage ambition.

Set reasonable & achievable goals, works for me :p

I've met most of mine for this year already... only have a few left to hit ;)

(see signature)

~Danimal

My immediate goal is to reach level 40 vehicle structural engineering (I'm at 35 now) with a longer term goal to reach level 60. This will give me the basics for crafting so once I chip in some specific crafting skills I'll be all set to go.

I also wish to be a self-sufficient miner and, so far, counting MU I am making a slight profit. Of course I'm still a level 4 miner having only spent a few hundred ped on bombs and equipment so this may just be luck.

Last I would like to get a spacecraft - a larger spacecraft than a quad. New designs may produce a wide variety of new ship types which I may consider for purchasing. Or I could pick up a privateer once space opens up because many new ship designs may mean that privateer and mothership prices will plummet.

We will see...

In hunting I'm trying to get to level 60 laser sniper by the end of the year. (currently up to 56 so it looks doable).

In crafting I'm trying to break even in my shops also by end of the year based on MU cost of crafting vs MU sales. When I started around 6 months ago losses were around 15% and am now down to around 9%.

• 150 hp
  • combat sense
  • wounding
  • treatment
  • avoidance
  • 10 stamina

All getting close, within about 2 levels ... got to press on.

so you want to get to the uber level where you can use an awesome 2x0 axe? Interesting goal. I started out with that weapon for the first three months my avatar was in game... that was in the days before sib was all that big of a deal. Hate to think how many peds went down the toilet because of that, lol.

would be nice to get that high of a level to use kat. determination though. ;)

My goals change day to day. Right now, I'm still working on the puny iron man mission, hoping to do the whole thing with my viper whip. Already got up to level 10 hit on whip and I'm only at a little over 800/5k on the mission at the moment. Hopefully whip skills will have some use when taming comes back.

Yes.. Axe 2x0 and then 3x0 and then honor, determination. And then finally I have my goal which I set back in 2004 when I started hunting argonauts with axe 1x0 (which came to an abrupt halt with axe 1x0 nerf). I'm currently back on track with the philosopher, hero and archon swords. I could keep using the unl sib greek blades.. but I'm old school.

Back