Going into semi-retirement

Menace

Elite
Society
SECRET
Rob Menace Klok
Hey everyone! I have some GREAT news for some and some indifferent news for most! I've finally gotten to the point in my EU career where I have to crawl into retirement............. or at least semi-retirement. For the most part EU has been alot of fun but for me it's been expensive fun. Last week was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back when I lost about 4k PED in 3 days hunting low-med level mobs. You's can all see my skills here:

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Avatar&id=3960

For whatever reason it's cost me nearly 25k U.S. and 3 years to get to that point and I had no gear to speak of. IMO that's just too much for what I was getting out of the game. I guess the "dynamics" also mean that some people will be "cash cows" for the service which is what I ended up being.

I've considered re-selling but in all honesty, I don't even want to login anymore. I have promised a few players that I'd fap them for the Eomon/Longtooth migration and I'll honor my commitments to them before stepping back from the game for a while. (Hopefully a long while if not forever).

I plan on keeping up on the forums and logging in to do TP runs when new lands come about and such just so I'm not "lost" if I decide to come back down the road. So if anyone needs any graphic ads done for their SOC's or events you can still PM me here if you don't already have my e-mail.

Good Luck to all, and thanks for the good times!

Menace

Well if this is what you want then its fine by me :).

But I just can't understand your spending habits. I mean I know someone who has only deposited around £2k & they now have just past the 200k skills barrier. Yet you on the other hand have deposited about 8 times that amount & have not even got 200k skills yet, interesting I can learn a lot by this example, thank you Menace :)

Good if your sticking around, just to see how things develop in EU.

~Mark~

Awwwww..

Sorry to hear that Menace,its sad when you get that point.That was alot of money also you went through. :(

On a different note.. your link made me laugh about "If theres a shit storm..You started it"..part.
That was cute. :)

hmmmmmmmmm.
you.will.be.back.

Jedi
Force Majeure

Not much of a country guy but this one is very good!! :)

I hope you have some good time away from here. It took me a year off to come to terms that what I was getting out EU was not exactly what I was expecting.. After that I found a better way to enjoy my experience here with out having to break the bank!! :yay:

Gl to you and see you around!! :)

good luck

Yea dude I hear you. I have not been in your shoes, but I can relate. If the next 2-3 years go as the last 2 have been I would stop. Once I get myself to get up and play a different game, I find myself having fun and getting into it. Best part is it's FREE. (might pay once to buy the game, but that seems like nothing in comparison) Sounds like you are making a good choice for your life.
And of course, it's a shame to loose a good, dedicated player. Hope you will come in still and sell those skills and whatever you have left though :)
So have fun in whatever you do, I wish you well, and good luck.

PS. I recommend playing Minecraft. I got hooked on that one, there are even pvp servers. But maybe you don't even wanna play another game right now or think about pvp :laugh::laugh:

You have to take a brake of a half year and then come back for a week. Most people are welcomed back with HoF's. But don't fall for that. Just take another half year brake or longer...
GL

You have to take a brake of a half year and then come back for a week. Most people are welcomed back with HoF's. But don't fall for that. Just take another half year brake or longer...
GL

Amen! Lootius be praised.

But I just can't understand your spending habits. I mean I know someone who has only deposited around £2k & they now have just past the 200k skills barrier. Yet you on the other hand have deposited about 8 times that amount & have not even got 200k skills yet, interesting I can learn a lot by this example, thank you Menace :)

~Mark~

Well I believe part of my problem was the manner in which I deposited. I deposited $100 bucks every other day or so. I probably should have deposited 1k at a time. IMO, the system is designed to recognize "cash cows" like myself. I've always believed this but never really cared all that much. However... that being said... when the system takes several hundred U.S. from me in a few short days (we're not talking 18 hrs of game play a day here.... more like 2 or 3 a day) then that's just plain disrespectful. I have gotten LOTS of HoF's. Even a 4k noob mob HoF. Problem was.... during the bad times it got REAL BAD for me. I believe because the "system" is programmed to consider my depositing habits and knows if it rapes me I'll deposit in a day or two again anyway. But I guess that's a tinfoil hat theory. Many players however believe that the system keeps track of all losses/gains/decay, etc. so adding deposting habits into the equation isn't that far off.

Not to mention..... to actually play at my skill level with (L) gear is beyond financial reach for me with my return average over the past 3 years. So it gets kinda boring hunting small mobs with an H400 because Using an X1/Dante means 300 PED loss per hunt after decay/MU. I'm blue collar and can't afford to piss away 30$/hr playing a "game".

I've had some of the worst returns known to virtual man-kind in this universe and though I made mention of it a few times, I never really whined about it. Hopefully someone didn't have to work IRL for a year because of my losses :)

Menace

You can always play on forum like you know how to do better :p

Losers leave the game winners keep playing even slowlly...

You are like me you say u leave but you always gonna be around lol

Oh and Force.... if we're going to post country music we HAVE to post the "Anthem" (I'll take the risk of the perma ban here.... Hopefully none of the mods are homosexual recovering alcoholics)

*cracks an ice cold Labatt 50*

Menace

Why don,t you come to ancient greece?

No need for armour repair, use one of the most eco faps, nice cheap eco longblades, no noob hofs because everybody with level 3 swrdsman has the same skill, no ath,s for the usual suspects because everybody does the same dmg/sec, nice new planet that will make you feel like a noob again, no vehicles so you will actually have to run tp,s

The cost of play is around 6 peds per 30 mins, if you get no loot at all... and you will not be able to spend more...

Dont let the door hit you, on your way out.....

Dont let the door hit you, on your way out.....

Well it sure as hell wouldn't be you hitting me on the way out.... Item equipping is locked while browsing the "Flower Arrangment" skill chip section in auction.

I guess my statement above the video upset him a bit. I dind't realize he was a recovering alcoholic.
Menace

Last edited:
friends is what keeps me here...

I thought you were leaving EU already?
You called yourself a loser & know it! :laugh:
Hope you keep to your word MJ :yup:.

Damn, one of the few honest people are leaving. Hopefully something will come up to draw you back in. I assume Whisky Girl is leaving/left aswell.

Hardly Know you menace,

But good luck with retirement. I think you should keep your skills, Always everyone's biggest regret coming back from retirement.

And good luck with you IRL endevours.

Inno

I do have his phone number, so Menace has now earned himself a leadership role in the Manticore Drunk Dial Ready Reserve. In the event that booze shipment arrives and needs drinking, or mutant chirpys threaten Calypso, you can expect a call, Rob.

Good luck, my friend. May our paths cross again soon.

AG

{removed}

Menace, do what you feel is right, I wish you all the best IRL and when you do return i truly hope theres a big hof waiting for you.

regards Maj

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Luck Menace with whatever you decide. I have to agree with you as well. I am on a long break currently from EU now as well. Im deployed in Afghanistan for a year so its kinda a forced break, but very well needed. One of my biggest reasons if I do not return is the withdrawal process. I just don't feel that my money is safe. Its taking forever for me to get my money but only takes seconds for EU to take it Lol, but thats another thread :)

I too have met some great people and made some close friends I think from all around the world. I love the EU Community and if anything brings me back, it is the community :)

Back