Gold Card Announcement

Interesting and very worrying at the same time. For me this sounds like a government attempt to track everything its population does. I hope the British government doesn't force similar policies.

They can track everything does not necessary mean they do track everything.
Even if they do it, how many computers and what manpower is needed to analyze all this data.

Its just how things are accepted by the population.
If one company see that it works for another company, they simply copy the idea and if people use it, then it becomes a standard.
For companys view its understandable, its much cheaper to maintain the app or online service than operating a office or a shop.

Same we see here with MAs new security system.
Its simply cheaper to offer this app as download through third party servers, than shipping all this GCs and readers.
If GC or reader breaks, its a cost factor for MA. If your smartphone or whatever device you use breaks, its your problem and your costs.
Offering the app as download at own servers very like will cost more the long run, than giving it to playstore.
It is very simple attempt to lower the cost for a 2FA security system, it has nothing to do with improved or better security.
From security aspect it is less safe than GC system.

The decission is made by MA, so we have to adept or go without 2FA security.
There is not much we can do about it. All the crying doesn´t help.

Many options are posted here in this thread how you can get that app running, without a smartphone.
It can be installed on devices that don´t have wi-fi or I-Net access.

So even if you don´t trust smartphone technology, there is enough options to run it without that.

Personally I would still prefer to leave it in the hands of MA to 100%, speak download the app directly from MA servers or offer a device with preinstalled app, available from webshop or as we have had it with GC at ingame TT.

I asked support about the last option, so far no reply.
There is still some time left.
If MA doesn´t offer any alternatives, well up to them.

if you dont need a smart phone why in hell ma dont give out direction how to use properly a app or naything else on your pc tell us were and waht to use to keep on going

It has nothing to do with proud, for some people like me its just not the "best" choice.
Occatinally I have to work as builder, and there I need a robust small mobile.
I put it into my workpants together with tools and materials made of steel.
Do you know how that hurts a smartphone? It wont survive the day!
My good old Nokia is robust enough and small enough to carry it at work, without worrying about it to break.

Well, you office workers obviously have no clue what happens to a smartphone, when you carry it while you have to work with your arms and body, and not only with your fingers.

here, with the compliments of messi

try that with your gold card.

try that with your nokia!

Yea seriously you don't need a phone a cheep tablet will do. I just think people that PAID for gold cards should get something back in return for it being made obsolete. I'd be happy with universal ammo but something special and nostalgic would be nice too. What would be cool is a ingame gold card that you need to enter an instance and you could trade them.

I hate to say it, but I disagree with the payment thing. MA have said for a while they won't supply them anymore. I don't think anyone can feel "ripped off" after having something that works for so long. It's just daft that they are replacing it with something less good that needs to be charged up all the time.

The misnomer here is that new Tech equates with better Tech...Not necessarily so...New tech usually means easily hack-able tech until it has been time (long time... pun intended :) ) tested and used...In the case of MA we are all familiar with the foul ups created by half ass implementation...Also...to some of you buying a "throw away" phone may not be a big deal...but to others it can mean that extra tank of gas, having lunch with a loved one..etc Old tech that is still working as intended does not need to be replaced just because it can be

Hell, the argument that new tech is better flies in the face of the game itself...EU, afterall, is 16 years old :p

I'd be quite interested to know the statistics of how many gold card users voluntarily switched over to the new system. If it is truly "better", surely we'd all have been switching over as soon as possible?

My suspicion is it is probably not the case that that a huge number of people wanted to switch.

here, with the compliments of messi
.. snip ..
try that with your nokia!

Nice smartphone, indeed thats a useable tool even for my needs.

Bad side it costs 300+ Euros, for that price I can buy 30 Old Nokias, so even if I manage to destroy 1 / year, I will have to pay less for the Nokias than for the Dogee, untill I retire from work :)

Actually I don´t destroy 1 / year, as said my Nokia is 10 years old and still alive :)

Althoug this smartphone is a really good thing, I still don´t need it, as there is cheaper options that do the job for me.

I also could use this 300 Euro (instead buying that smartphone) and invest it with 5%/year interest, thats 15 Euro / year, then buy 1 used old Nokia / year (10 Euro) and still have 5 Euro profit left.

Do I really need it ?

I'd be quite interested to know the statistics of how many gold card users voluntarily switched over to the new system. If it is truly "better", surely we'd all have been switching over as soon as possible?

My suspicion is it is probably not the case that that a huge number of people wanted to switch.

It doesn´t matter if it is better or not, its the only option left.
So switch over to it, or go without 2FA security.

I do switch over, as I want my assets in EU properly secured.
It is definately better than relying on strong password only.

No, but do you REALLY need to play entropia?

No :)

Anyway, if I once decide to get me a smartphone, this one from the video looks really good.

Last edited:
entropia pocker

Hi all

And what will people with no mobile phone use :(
I for 1 do not have a mobile as i am in my house 99% of my time due to ill health and do not need a mobile and house phone to wast money on. Do i not loose enough on the game itself?

HaHaHa.

Hi all

And what will people with no mobile phone use :(
I for 1 do not have a mobile as i am in my house 99% of my time due to ill health and do not need a mobile and house phone to wast money on. Do i not loose enough on the game itself?

HaHaHa.

Get a tablet instead.
Use it to read your newspaper when you're taking a dump on the toilet.

Freaking BS !!! I don't have any Ios or Android system.. make it also for win 10 please !

Why removing a working system? Do i need to buy ios or android now.. no thanks!

i got not even a smart phone ... gah smart move ... so what now ?

Any idea, why it is that hard for MA to compile a window version of the current code they have, to compile android or ios?

Some time i just miss the logic.

Evolve.
It's not to late yet.

Evolve lol rather degenerate
evolving means improving
going to smart phone/ tablet from GC is not improving

or please point me at those SECURITY improvments END USER get...:laugh:

evolving means improving

I keep having troubles with my GC. Somehow I can't call anybody with it. Can't make pictures and it won't allow me to play CoC in it.

Thank God I upgraded it to a smartphone!

evolving means improving

The one improvement I see is if and when your GC breaks down you then have to make a support case for a replacement then wait until support actually responds and actions that request , then wait patiently for your new GC to arrive in the post instead of having 2FA in your pocket without having to go through the improved process that I just mentioned , so please yes can we move forward already , I don’t like the convenience of having my security easily accessible

Also I recall the many threads in the past people flaming about the waiting for a new GC when their original or replacement has broken or been lost

This thread at 30 pages is a joke imo, either adapt with the rest of the world or cut your losses and accept defeat

Cheers everyone and happy hoffing

P.S. I have EP 2FA in my phone and it’s the best idea . GG MindArk for joining the rest of the world with security apps, i.e Steam :)

This thread at 30 pages is a joke imo, either adapt with the rest of the world or cut your losses and accept defeat

Its not a joke.Its PCF :)

, either adapt with the rest of the world or cut your losses and accept defeat
any 2FA is better than just login and pasword

so i guess i accept defeat since is ussles to argue whit rest of world who thinks less secure is better secure
and will adapt to this brave new world

Interesting and very worrying at the same time. For me this sounds like a government attempt to track everything its population does. I hope the British government doesn't force similar policies.

It's not to track population, it's about moving COSTs to the population. Getting the population to buy terminals so that government/compaines doesn't have to. The most common way of Electronic identification, "Bank-ID" isn't managed by government, it's owned by the banks (who can, at any convenient time, sell it out to international pension funds on Cayman Islands). (To give an example, DIBS, that manages credit card deposits, was previously owned by a bank in Sweden. It was sold to the Company NETS, and now that Company is about to be taken over by the private Equity fund Company "Hellman & Friedman".)

H&F Corporate Investors VIII, Ltd., a company organized under the laws of the Cayman Islands with company registration no. IT-288406 (...) H&F Corporate Investors VIII indirectly controls the direct acquirer of the shares in Nets

Last edited:
Any idea, why it is that hard for MA to compile a window version of the current code they have, to compile android or ios?

Some time i just miss the logic.

Why are you insisting with this subject?

It is not worth it for the >0,1%. 0.1% is no one's target.

As a web developer I don't give a single fuck about Win phones on responsive. Wanna know why? Because facts and numbers:
jVfKAFa.png

I am sorry for owners of win phones, but, they made a bad decision, really, IF they want to have support for apps.
If you want to feel special and fabulous or something, go ahead, but IMO supporting Win phones is not worth a company's money even if it's 1hour job for a single person giving analytics figures like the ones above.
The batch above is very recent and it's not from a gaming site or a tech site. It's from one of the biggest cosmetics companies so the users are not tech-savy at all.

Happy now? - I'm jk, you will most likely insist with this shit for months. Logic misses you too, sometimes...

I couldn't get the app to download on my phone. It's a bit old, though. Am I doing something wrong?

old-phone.jpg

Hmmmm

Well, I think there are going to be issues and 'likes and dislikes' with most anything. What I did find ironic today was that I do have a 2FA on my eBay account and was notified on my phone (twice today) that someone tried to log in.

I jumped and looked and found that it was unwarranted SPAM sent to my phone, so that is just one annoyance.

My phone is old as dirt flip phone, so I wasn't really alarmed by any malicious activities in that sense.

In the meantime:

I couldn't get the app to download on my phone. It's a bit old, though. Am I doing something wrong?

old-phone.jpg

Try updating the OS. :wise:

Back