good news

poddi

Mature
Society
sweden web rangers
patrik poddi ahlen
Good news about the virtual banks...."swedbank" a big swedish bank are thinking of getting a license according to swedish news services...

Entropia universe will get a few new players today i think and during the following days...

n00b players r0x :D and it´s good to see that this cool universe is mentioned for the mass public in sweden :)

EU for ever :D

Link, please?

AG

what good that gonna do you AG your in virginia we speak a differant language then the sweeds

Language translation sites *almost* work. Maybe if we ewnglish speaking folks squint hard enough, we'll make sense of it. Here's part of the page transated by an online service:

**** translation follows. It's a bumpy ride! ****

Correct banks open offices in computer game
now gives itself the banks in in the computer game's world. In the playing Entropia Universe comes the players near to can to borrow correct money from a correct bank in order to pay with in the playing. Swedbank is an of the banks that speculate on giving itself in on this new market

We are interested. In the same way that if it would be built a new town in the physical world becomes we interested of lasting there, says Peter Tusher, development responsible on Swedbank.
In in the computer playing Entropia Universe concerns itself the players in a three-dimensional world where one can both shoppa and to go on nattklubb. With the aid of your playing natures, the players can socialize with or buy and to sell various playing object to each other.
Investments road to success
the fictitious society in the playing be developed all the time and the players become more and more. Approximately a half million plays Entropia Universe and the players come from the entire world.
It is Göteborgsföretaget Mind sheets that may Entropia Universe and it is that playing as come longest with länka together the economy in in the playing with the true economy. For example can the players few money they serve in the playing insätta on a special beating food short for since can to

Upon reading that translation, I'm reminded of "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier" when the stalwart crew of the USS Entreprise are poring over Klingon dictionaries in order radio (and hopefully fool) the duty officer at a Klingon listening post... :)

Cheers,

AG

Translation

From another thread, copy and pasted from "habanero" post.

Real banks opens accounts in computer games.

Now the banks get into the world of computer games. Soon will they players in EU be able to borrow real money from a real bank to pay for stuff in the game. Swedbank is one of the banks that thinking of joining the new market.

-We are intresed. On the same way will would be if there was a new town developing. We would be intresed to open a bank there. /Peter Tusher, development CEO of Swedbank.

Inside of EU the players move in a 3D world. They can shop and go to nightclubs. With the avatar you can also interact with other players and buy and sell stuff.

They community grows every day and it gets more and more players. About 500 000 is playing EU and the players are from all over the world.

Its Mindark that owns EU and its that game that has achived the biggest link to the real world econmics. For example its possible for the players you withdraw their money with a ATM card.

Its real money its all about in the game. To be able to profit more easy its nessecary to invest into different guns. Therefor it shall now become possible to borrow from banks to stiumalte the investments.

The idea has been there for a long time, but now its time.

- It has been there from the beginning that there would be banks for the players to use. Today we got shops and art galleries, so banks is a natural development. There has also been request from the players about banks. /Jan Welter CEO Mindark.

Mikeal Heimdal from Stockholm has been playing EU for many years and plays up to 15h per week. He thinks there is a big interest of banks in EU.

- But I also see a risk if there aint any controll for how to borrow money. People can be in dept and thinks its just in the game and that it is not linked to the real world

:laugh: some people must feel real silly now saying "no real bank would ever consider entering EU" just shows what "these" people know,, beware,, dont believe their pompous neg bullshit.

Rock on EU

p.s., please give me something more than 50% return this week,, or I might just turn on YOU MA;;; gggrrrrr

I think it would be better with a real bank in game instead of the pawnshops, Especially since Swedbank is the bank i use in RL :yay:

Back