Votes: 46 64.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cjaywin

Mature
Society
freelancer
jason cjaywin chapman
Hello everyone i am new to this game myself but have done allot of research. I came up with i think is the best armor to start with is Rascal armor with 2b armor plates this will cost around 60 ped for armor and 80 ped for plates.YOU will have an impact rating of 20 after plates installed at a cost of only 140 ped.Have a good one everyone.

Last edited:
Rascal is too strong to be a good starter armour. You don't need it for beginner mobs. It's best to start with no armour for a while, and I'd recommend Pixie as your first set.

Yes you can hunt bigger mobs in Rascal but it'll cost you a lot in armour decay when you have no skills. Don't try to run before you can walk - there is no easier way to lose money in EU.

Hello everyone i am new to this game myself but have done allot of research. I came up with i think is the best armor to start with is Rascal armor with 2B armor plates this will cost around 60 ped for armor and 80 ped for plates.YOU will have an impact rating of 20 after plates installed at a cost of only 140 ped.Have a good one everyone.

Good to see you have started to do some research, as there is much to consider when selecting armor, weapons, tools, ect.

The "best" armor to start with really depends on what you are hunting:

Armor Advisor

Rascal = 15 impact
2B's = 3 impact

As a new player, I'd assume that you wouldn't have the skills to use a powerful enough weapon to quickly take down a mob that would warrant protection from 18 (not 20) impact... more likely you'd start with mobs like Daikiba, Exa, Combibos, etc. Using something like Rascal with plates to protect against these mobs will cost you a significant amount of decay because you will be "overprotected":

Armor Decay

Most new players start Pixie for it's naturally high impact rating of 9 and abundant availability.

Armor Sets

As far as plates go, 2B's have a TT value of 9.7 and provide 3 impact.
For almost half the cost, 2A's have a TT value of 4.9 and provide MORE impact protection than 2B's.

Armor Plating

Lastly, you completely forgot that you should include average MU for your cost estimate... 60 ped for Rascal is at TT, good luck finding a full set at TT. ;)

More realistic numbers:

Full set Rascal: TT(60) + Avg%MU(maybe 25'ish?) = 85 ped
Full set 2B's: TT(68) + Avg%MU(7'ish?) = 75

Total investment for 18 Impact protection = 160 ped

Full set Pixie: TT(15) + Avg%MU(maybe 10'ish?) = 25 ped
Full set 2A's: TT(35) + Avg%MU(15'ish?) = 50

Total investment for 14 Impact protection = 75 ped

How much do you want to spend? :D

The best armor is dodge/evade - TT of zero, no decay

BTW - the poll makes NO sense. Do we think your idea is Good or Bad or do we think we can do better, yes or no? Which one is it? You combined the answer choices for the first with the question of the second. My vote goes to confusion.

The correct answer is: it depends what you are hunting.

When I was starting, the eternal question was rascal or shogun? I went the rascal/2a route, and it isn't much better than gnome. Shogun, on the other hand, is a very interesting armor vs 33/33/33 monsters like atrox/atrax that will tear you up in rascal.

Right now, I think the best investment for a new player is 5b plates. They have low decay and can grow with your ped card. I was using gnome + 5b's for atrox. Even on pixie they provide excellent protection.

go with the Pixie for starters - and hunt what parts u can from exa and snable, gaining valuable Evade and Health while doing it :)

Patiences

The best armor is dodge/evade - TT of zero, no decay.

I didn't do my reschearch so congratz to you for that
I used what I pick up until I got lucky and got a Uber claim. So I invested in full shogun+6a and then went to full ghost+5b.

Spent a Ped pretty quick on repairs... so much for my Uber claim.

First I backed down to Gremlin and now you'll find me out there in OJs and a pig sticker building the health and evade I could have got for free.

Now go have some fun and kill somthing

:sniper:

Pixie, gnome or goblin to start! Gnome is my favorite from those, with some 5b plates on you can hunt alote of mobs even atroxs till prov. and I love the way it look. Ofc you dont need the 5b plates right now, but it ll be a nice upgrade in the future. GL.

What do you mean by best?
Cheapest?
Armour providing most protection against firearms? Burn? Acid? Stab?
Easiest to craft?

Almost any armour can be best in the right circumstances. The best way is to check Entropedia for the particular mob you are going to hunt

a budget for how much you want to spend hunting is a good place to start.

10-30 ped armor- can protect you well at the sweat camp
40-80 ped armor -better for exploring
100-250 - small atrox and allos
300 -800 - up to hogalo
1000 and up - anything you want

I can recommend Goblin as a good start. It got Impact for most small mobs & Acid for the snables. It's a cheap armour and good to start until you feel that you have an urge and some skills for bigger mobs. Then try out Shogun. It's a great all-round armour that I used for about 2 years when I started. (And good looking:D)

Hope that helped you a bit.
gl :)

My 2 cents worth: Buy whatever cheap armor you want, but invest in a set of 5B plates as soon as you can afford them. You will use them for the lifetime of your avatar, but you will always be trading armors (until you get supremacy or caramone, but that will be a while).

I can recommend Goblin as a good start. It got Impact for most small mobs & Acid for the snables. It's a cheap armour and good to start until you feel that you have an urge and some skills for bigger mobs. Then try out Shogun. It's a great all-round armour that I used for about 2 years when I started. (And good looking:D)

Hope that helped you a bit.
gl :)

Firstly: If you need armor to fight snables you should just quit the game now and save yourself the trouble.

Secondly: I just dont understand how people manage to go past pixie as their first set of armor. The job it does for the price is just increddible. To give you some perspective I have a full set of shadow and yet I still use my pixie just as often. It is just versatile, with the right set of plates its good to go for so many different mobs.

Edit: Something like supremacy/sentinel/carra is clearly the best first set of armor. But since you don't have a rich uncle that left you a gazillion dollars, stick with the pixie :p

my 2 pecs advice:

depo 200 bucks, buy a gremlin, skill on (L) weapons, start with 500 peds of ammo and a fap. you'll have lots of peds remaining and can do all mobs very soon, depending which gun you maxed.

Addz, it depends on the snables doesn't it? One area that relative newbies might get to is the beach SW of Fort Argus; that has snables up to (on rare occasions) alpha and quite often dominant or guardian. They hit HARD. And with noob weapons and skills they would be fairly tough to kill too, especially the females. I had a bit of trouble, wearing goblin and shooting an M3a. (The gun was maxed at the time, btw.)

Incidentally, goblin is slightly better for impact-only mobs as well - 3 more protection. And all the noob mobs (except snables!) are impact-only IIRC.

hunter/3b is what I like best atm

stab: 9, cut: 9, impact: 6.5, penetration: 17, burn:12

Meaning you get a really nice bot set, that also can be used for impact/cut/stab mobs, with an occasional fap.

Never overprotected, cheap for both mobs and bots.

Last edited:
Firstly: If you need armor to fight snables you should just quit the game now and save yourself the trouble.

Secondly: I just dont understand how people manage to go past pixie as their first set of armor. The job it does for the price is just increddible. To give you some perspective I have a full set of shadow and yet I still use my pixie just as often. It is just versatile, with the right set of plates its good to go for so many different mobs.

Edit: Something like supremacy/sentinel/carra is clearly the best first set of armor. But since you don't have a rich uncle that left you a gazillion dollars, stick with the pixie :p

That was the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.
Can't you remember yesterday, when you were a noob and had problems with snables?

Oh one thing that wasn't mentioned yet: there's an inverse relationship between armor, weapons, faps and skills. The more you have in one area, the less you'll need in another.

Example: If I use an opalo + a101 vs snable beach (old to alpha), I probably need to use goblin and a fap-80, and I'll be fapping during and between fights. On the other hand, if I use m3a + a102, I'll kill about 2/3 of them before they have a chance to even attack me once. If I use a p5a + a104, I can do snable stalkers naked with minimal faps.

In your situation, unless you are hunting gibnibs/chirpies, you'll probably want to get more armor than you truly need until your weapon skills increase to the point where less armor is needed or even necessary. And then, once your skills get up, then you can do what seems impossible now but most people here take for granted (e.g. hunting atrox in pixie/gnome, or using gremlin for prots/levi.)

As your skills go up, armor becomes much more powerful than before. When I first got my ghost + 5b's, I couldn't do a daikiba stalker in one pass. Nowadays, atrox old alphas are easier for me now than those daikiba back then.

Recently, I bought a vigi set in preparation for the bot event, put in my 6a's, and took my apis + beast to Jason centre for some practice. I took no decay on armor because I killed them before they could turn around, and the only way I could get dodge was to gather 5-10 of them up at a time.

Back