Graphics Card... Help Please so i can start game

DemeosAE

Old
im trying to start playing the game i havent even created my chara yet. im running a RADEON 7000/ RADEON VE graphics card. it meet the regs but when im trying to may my avitar hes gray. i have color on everything behind him but hes gray. ive added skin color and tried everything i could think of. whats funny i dont even have color for his clothing ether. so if someone could help i would be very thankful.

This has already been answered for you.

For the best graphics quality in EU your videocard must support shaders v3.0. If you have an older card with v2.0 shaders then you'll still see all textures but their quality will be significantly low. But Radeon 7000 didn't support even 1.0 shaders, so no textures applied at all, hence everything is gray. No way to fix it without replacing the videocard.

should

its the same graphics card that my stepdad was using on EU 5 months ago and it was working on his comp just fine but for some reason its not giving my avitar color on my comp

Many graphics cards that worked 5 months ago no longer work since the latest VU's.

My best advice before starting playing:

Try to find a geforce 8800 GTS at least. Around 250 € i think.
Then, u will have no problems. U can anyway choose a 8600 one but u will not have very high quality.
And forgot this ATI crap or burn it i dunno.
EU will need uber components to be pleasant to watch, and already need some.

Still needing help....

k my comp is a PCI and im having trouble finding a graphics card by Radeon or GeForce that will work with my comp. It doesnt have to be the best just enought that i can see my avitar and everyone else. there gray all the time

U can anyway choose a 8600 one but u will not have very high quality.

Sure you have very high quality with a 8600. At least with the current engine.

EDIT: The card above is crap imho.

Last edited:
i found a card i may try to use bc money very short and i can get it cheap and it meets the min regs so its a ... KFA2 GeForce 6200A Video Card - 256MB DDR, PCI, DVI, VGA, TV Out, Video Card. everything else are all PCI Express and i can only use regular PCI's. when i get more $$ il just buy a better computer and give this one to my friend to use or il sell it on ebay. hehe

Only PCI, not even an AGP slot?

May be time to upgrade, dude. even my old 500 Mhz pentium had AGP, thoug I'd never dream of subjecting it to entropia.exe.

If you have an AGP slot, I'm currently getting good results with a Radeon HD 2600 based card.

AG

I can´t believe that you only have a PCI slot and no PCIe or AGP slot.

You won´t be happy with a 6200 I can promise. It isn´t good enough for the current engine and it will suck bigtime with the CryEngine2.

I can´t believe that you only have a PCI slot and no PCIe or AGP slot.

You won´t be happy with a 6200 I can promise. It isn´t good enough for the current engine and it will suck bigtime with the CryEngine2.

Suck big time?

It won't even have a chance to suck. It will be laying in the fetal position, pretending it's dead so the CryEngine2 won't come near it :silly2:

possible that you're ava. quality is just down in you're options????

PS. when you change stuff in options you MUST click OK instead of just closing otherwise changes do not take effect :)

This is a super common problem with graphics cards since VU9.0 when the avatars where overhauled. Honestly an 8800 would of course be your best but theyre massive cards and have a massive price tags. An 8600gts XXX can be picked up on tigerdirect right now for like 80 bucks. That card runs Crysis on the lower settings so will handle entropia very well at the current engine and should perform verywell even when cryengine comes out. Your best best is to swap out your motherboard cuz your not gunna find anycard that will performs up to par on a standard pci slot. And even if you can it wont even handle anypart of entropia when cryengine comes out. I wish you the best of luck. :)

I would still advise people to hold out another 1-3 months.

Very good graphics cards will be very cheap. And there will also be UBER cards coming out in the next few months for people with the money.

come to find out i have a AGP not a PCI and im looking for something low priced that would work. it took me 3 days to finally find out what the hell my comp actualy has in it bc its a pci color instead of agp color..grrr... but now that i figured out what i need im looking for a better graphics card that cheap. ive looked at the regs for EU and i have a.... Intel (R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz 2.39GHz, 1.00GB of RAM.... and its 1024 GB of RAM in my comp so if anyone can help me pick a good low priced graphics card id be very happy! :)

Low price is relative. If you're going to invest in a card, I strongly recommend getting something that'll play ther Crysis demo since that's where this game is going. By buying something above the bottom of the barrel, you'll guarantee that you won't be leaving PEDs behind in game should a crappy card keep you from playing when Cryengine comes to EU.

I had a Radeon X1650 based card. Performance was OK for me and a few mobs in the same area, but if I got into a big fight, it got pretty laggy.

I recently upgraded to a Radeon HD2600 based card. I'm able to run with all the options in EU maxed with few problems. It will also play the Crysis demo at minimum settings, which I hope means that I'll be able to continue playing EU when they change engines.

The 1650 card ran about 800 PEDs, the 2600 card was about 1800 PEDs.

AG

Back