Graphics Glitches on Lights e.g. powerfist. How to fix?

Wistrel

Elite
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti
Hi I've been having graphics issues with lights in Entropia for some months now... I think it was one of the vu's near the start of the year when it first messed up. I know others have had the same problem. I have now tried updating graphics drivers twice and there have been several vu's so now I am looking for suggestions on how to fix this.

The problem is that lights look like they have been inverted or something... (see pics) For example, typically the lights outside of shop containers and also things like powerfist lights.

Information:

I am running windows 7 pro 32bit with an nvidia 260gtx (~800mb vram), a core 2 duo 6400 cpu and 3gigs of ram.

I generally run on very high graphics level (medium for twin peaks) at 1600x900 res. I have the same issue no matter what res/graphics level I use or if I use window mode.

Has anyone else had this issue? or can somone suggest a solution please.

Cheers
Wistrel

I'm saying this a lot but, have you tried Tools / Repair?

I have to run it after every patch lately - it removes files with incorrect CRC checksum. :(

I'm saying this a lot but, have you tried Tools / Repair?

I have to run it after every patch lately - it removes files with incorrect CRC checksum. :(

No, I have the same thing as Wistrel and I have run repair at some points too.

i have these glitches with the tt powerfist too but in much smaller scale.
and repairing my installation fixed this, ... not.

Trying this repair thing now... I'm not hopeful though and I reported to MA and they said they would pass it on to graphics folks to look at as a bug

Wistrel

Interesting I thought I had this because I ran on low graphics, seems not. I hope it gets fixed.

i get this as well i run the game with everything maxed out and ive tried new drivers, fixed game files, i am not doing a reinstall :wise:

I tried the "fix corrupted files" thing... it didn't do anything...

Just waiting for MA to fix it I guess....

Are we all on Nvidia cards out of interest?

Wistrel

was fixed n the end think the ma suggestion of cleaning the shader directory sorted it

care to copy/paste their directions on how to do that?

Simply press tools on client loader and u'll see a button "Clear shaders cache" :)

Back