Great, just activate gold card to get error 72

Hartwin

Mature
Miss Gloria Hugo
took 25 tries for gold card to give a code

I kept trying and even put it on video. took 25 tries for gold card to give a code. was just getting error 72. oh well let's hope it starts working normal.. anyways WOOOHOOO

Last edited:
Just pull out the card and put it back in until it comes up with a code...

The contacts are probably dirty. Try cleaning them with the eraser on a No. 2 pencil.

I kept trying and even put it on video. took 25 tries for gold card to give a code. was just getting error 72. oh well let's hope it starts working normal.. anyways WOOOHOOO

Can't remember if it was error 72 but I got error message the first few times I tried. I guess it took a minute or two to synch the card since I have never had any issues since then.

/Andy

Last edited:
I usually do this, clean the contacts with soft dry cloth and then while inserting the card keep it forced against one side of the slot.

I also keep the card in the slot but not far enough in to turn the power on, that way it's hard to get fluff and dirt inside.

flawless technology, nothing an authenticator app can't replace right? /s

You need to contact support giving 3 consecutive codes for your login name. They will then action adjustment that your 4th login code will succeed with GC.
Cheers

Outdated and semi-insecure authentication method :( I wish they could at least implement google authentication app.

Another thing that you can do is throw a little scotch tape on the underside of your card.

Seems silly, but if you do a few layers of it, the extra couple nanometers of thickness does help the contacts...well... make contact.

I've had my gold card reader for about 4 years now.. been adding more and more layers of tape every year. :laugh::laugh:

Back