• No

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

Egg90

Prowler
Society
Supremacy Reign
Rob Egg90 Owens
Well I've been experiencing this in random places ever since VU10 but only just got round to making a vid to send to support.

[YOUTUBE]51oTgdLfQpw[/YOUTUBE]

Does this appear for everone?

I've got some experience in 3D modelling & would expect to see similar glitches if there were two or more polygons overlapping or occupying the same space & plane.

Yep, and running ATI gfx (a couple of months new stuff mid-range... can't remember the model).

I have seen some smaller (not moving) glitches in the ground but not as big as those you found..

Can you please post your system specifications?

AMD X2 6000+ cpu
Geforce 8600GT PCI-E graphics
2 Gb PC2-5300 (667mhz DDR) memory
ASUS M2N-E SLI motherboard
OCZ 600W StealthXStream PSU
Windows 7

Latest Nvidia drivers, since VU10 I've probably used 3 or 4 different drivers as new ones came out.

I'm using a Nvidia card with the latest drivers as well (197.13) and don't have this issue; try uninstalling the Nvidia drivers with the Revo Uninstaller free version (also uninstall the PhysX and Stereoscopic 3D driver):

http://www.revouninstaller.com

You can also run Driver Sweeper to see if any registry entries or DLL files were left behind after you uninstalled the drivers:

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

And last but not least (if you haven't already), run the 'Repair Installation' utility in the client loader.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice Rasta.
I hadn't tried the repair utility, but that didn't find anything wrong.
I'll probably wait till I update the drivers again & use the tools you suggested.
I did jot down some coordinates where the glitch appeared & it was exactly the same when I came back at a later date. They are not that common, maybe I come across 2 or 3 patches like this per hunt. Maybe it is an issue with graphics cards of a certain architecture that show up slight imperfections in the map geometry.
Ah sod it, I've got a little free time, I'll clean those drivers now.

I get the same thing here, I always passed it up as messed up shadows.

Back