Guide Event

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Guide Event
26 June 2008

Dear Colonists,
The Entropia Guides will host an event this Sunday (29/6) at 19:00 UTC. If you are late you might not be able to join, so be there in time. There will be only one winner who will get one of the screens from the recent CryEngine exhibition. Meet us outside the Gales Trailer in Downer Fox.
Simon and Emma

Originally Posted Here

Nice prize,

Good luck to all who attend :)

~ Sparkz

Where the hell is Downer Fox?

Guide Event
Meet us outside the Gales Trailer in Downer Fox.

I might be absolutely stupid, but what's the "Gales Trailer"
Downer Fox is obviously new oxford :)

I might be absolutely stupid, but what's the "Gales Trailer"
Downer Fox is obviously new oxford :)

And why is Downer Fox obviously New Oxford? I always thought New Oxford was New Oxford :)

Other then you can spell it from the letters.

because the guides like riddles obviously :) you might have noticed because of the sign hanging in their 'little' house

I think it's a good way to make people think, people are too lazy anyways these days :D

But if you don't believe me , np, you go look for downer Fox, i'll be with the guides in new oxford ;)

Guide Event
26 June 2008

Dear Colonists,
The Entropia Guides will host an event this Sunday (29/6) at 19:00 UTC. If you are late you might not be able to join, so be there in time. There will be only one winner who will get one of the screens from the recent CryEngine exhibition. Meet us outside the Gales Trailer in Downer Fox.
Simon and Emma

Originally Posted Here

WTG MA Nice Timing there Gee Thank you Very Much Yet another Event Many will Miss.

So, will next batch of screens be visible at said location maybe? ;)

Guide Event
26 June 2008

Dear Colonists,
Simon and Emma

Originally Posted Here

While the rest of you conspiracy nuts go to New Oxford and wait outside the Art Galleries, i'll be tp-ing to Downer Fox and waiting outside Gales trailer in the trailer park :silly2:

gl to u all

WTG MA Nice Timing there Gee Thank you Very Much Yet another Event Many will Miss.

You must realize that with the globe-spanning playerbase scattered among many different time zones, no particular time for an event will ever suit all participants.

MA holds an event at mid-afternoon Sweden time on a weekday, many people complain because they have to work.

Guide Event
The Entropia Guides will host an event this Sunday (29/6) at 19:00 UTC.

MA holds an event at late afternoon (European) / noonish (North American) time on a Sunday, when the vast majority of people have free time, and still complaints :scratch2:

Why do you believe that "many will miss" an event hosted on a Sunday? :scratch2:

You must realize that with the globe-spanning playerbase scattered among many different time zones, no particular time for an event will ever suit all participants.

MA holds an event at mid-afternoon Sweden time on a weekday, many people complain because they have to work.

MA holds an event at late afternoon (European) / noonish (North American) time on a Sunday, when the vast majority of people have free time, and still complaints :scratch2:

Why do you believe that "many will miss" an event hosted on a Sunday? :scratch2:

I have said it before and I will say it again.

You can please some of the people all of the time
and
All the people some of the time
but
You cant Please All of the people All of the time
and
A select few of people will not be pleased ever, not even a little bit, no matter what you do or how hard you try they will just remain bitter and disenfranchised with all your efforts. Perhapses they are just unhappy with themselves for not living up to there full potential or.. Oh sry I have strayed from the topic :D

Kudos to MA, I hope the event is fun for all ( no I will not be there, Ill be at the beach, should I be mad that MA did not plan the event around my schedule? :laugh: )

I have on occation gotten up at six in the morning to make sure I can participate in events ingame, and I live in the same timezone as MindArk HQ is in. Ive stayed up until way past my bedtime. Ive sat for 16 hours + covering events.
This is a free event with free prices. But instead of seeing the positives in that, you complain. Heres a tip for you.

Dedication requries sacrifice.

WTG, MA. Keep the events coming! :D

darri

:scratch2: Is this Sunday a holiday? Would you prefer it at a time during the week that you cannot attend? The weekend is THE best possible time for everyone. :thumbup:

P.S. I guess I should have kept reading past your post to see the others above. ;)

Last edited:
yey I will sure be there :) WTG MA

what's the event even about?
and i bet MA made it coded so not to many ppl will b there?
idk

i agree this event is about???what???
is hunting? and if yes is for new players or all?:D:D:D

:scratch2: Is this Sunday a holiday? Would you prefer it at a time during the week that you cannot attend? The weekend is THE best possible time for everyone. :thumbup:

P.S. I guess I should have kept reading past your post to see the others above. ;)

I agree that, if it was not THIS sunday it would be the perfect timing for an event.

But there is some sport event in Europe THIS sunday at THIS exact time.

Maybe MA did chose this time on purpose so that they have very few players: the ones who don't care about this sport event. (Me :laugh:)

Regards,
Xor

I agree that, if it was not THIS sunday it would be the perfect timing for an event.

But there is some sport event in Europe THIS sunday at THIS exact time.

Maybe MA did chose this time on purpose so that they have very few players: the ones who don't care about this sport event. (Me :laugh:)

Regards,
Xor

Yeah I guess you are right. And this some sport event is only the EM football-final, so I guess only a handfull of millions will be sitting in front of their tv or down at the pub. Luckily sweden was beaten early ;P Anyways, I have to go and try to get a place in front of the screen down at the pub :)

well its 17 min from time and the Lagg in New Oxford is Horrendous and is getting worse by the second

Congratulations to the Winner: CvX
Who found the horn on the last floor, thus winning the prize.

grats indeed

:D

Great event , the best part was , Simon trying to silence everyone :p
Gratz to CvX !!!

Thanks everyone for really great event. There was a lot of excitement in the crowd. :)

I would like to say again "thanks" to the Simon, for such cool prize. :D

You can find some screenshots from this event @ my xfire profile: http://www.xfire.com/profile/cvoxs/ (you can re-upload it here, on EF, if you like). :)

The prize, huge screenshot from upcoming EU update, will be put on display near shed at Land Area #31 a.k.a. Poltropia Land. :) See you there! :D

Back