Guide: How to be a reseller.

Katie Chalmers

Stalker
Katie Chalmers
Hi,
Do you have too many people that like you?
Do you feel like you are contributing too much in the game?
Do you feel you could be ripping off more people than you are currently?

If you answered YES! to any of these questions, then maybe reselling is for you!
How do I do it you ask? Just follow these simple steps.

1) Find somebody selling their weapon, ideally something rare, 2.0 Weapons are best, but it can be anything really. People that want to sell quickly are the best targets.

2) Offer them a price that is ridiculously insulting, about 50% of its market value, this will weed out the savvy sellers (who will just ignore you), from the rest that you may be able to manipulate. If they come back with a counter offer, you're in the door. Meet them halfway with their counter offer, as long as you stay well under market value, this gives the seller a sense of victory in the negotiation and they will be more likely to accept it. You can use forum sales or auction data to help persuade the seller that your price is fair, just make sure that this data is massively outdated and supports your position.

3) Once you have acquired the item, the most important thing to do, is DO NOT USE IT AT ALL. If you use it, even for a little bit, you will be considered a hunter and we do not want that association. This is a reselling guide FFS.

4)Immediately head to the PCF forums and make a sales ad. DO NOT put a buyout up immediately, just in case you misjudge the desperation of your player base. Take offers via PM for a while and see what they are willing to pay. Do not accept any of these offers.

5) After you have received offers, find the highest one, then add on 25-50%, trust your gut on this, this will become your Buyout price that you will set on your forum post. If you haven't done so already, now is a good time to lock your post to avoid criticism from other players. That could damage sales.

6) Be patient, If you traded a rare item like I told you, people will have no choice but to pay your price eventually, If another same item comes up for sale somewhere else that undercuts yours, try and buy that too to keep the monopoly.

Good Luck!
(Ps. This is a joke. I was bored.)

been looking for a UL wep some time , I can say I feel the same .

You can literally apply the guide to anything in game, doesn't have to be a high end 2.0 weapon.

- Buy sweat at boreas at 1 ped/k, sell at NI for 2 ped/k
- Buy weapon from the auction for 35k, and immediately ask for 60k for it on forum.
- .. many more examples of how to resell properly.

You forgot to also keep an eye out for what people are searching for. Also try and buy those and add another 50% on top, if they're not prepared to pay double, they didn't want it anyway...

index.php

Now imagine all that said with Dave Chappelle's voice and mimics...

What I find more funny is the people that actually pay the joke prices the resellers push..

Resellers provide liquidity for the market buyers - nothing more. If there are no market buyers, there is no reason for the liquidity.

Want to solve the perceived problem? Don't sell your item (say ship) to someone for 15-20k less than what someone on the market is trying to pay for it because you're lazy. Spend a few extra days trying to sell an item instead of trying to fast dump it.

It's just economics. Stop demonizing people filling a void you yourself aren't willing to fill.

Resellers provide liquidity for the market buyers - nothing more. If there are no market buyers, there is no reason for the liquidity.
It's just economics. Stop demonizing people filling a void you yourself aren't willing to fill.
"Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite." John Kenneth Galbraith

Entropia is the only Sci-Fi platform of its kind to use camels and turtles in trade. -Deemer

You can literally apply the guide to anything in game, doesn't have to be a high end 2.0 weapon.

- Buy sweat at boreas at 1 ped/k, sell at NI for 2 ped/k
- Buy weapon from the auction for 35k, and immediately ask for 60k for it on forum.
- .. many more examples of how to resell properly.
lets sell one ''experince'' a friend try to sell sinew adj ,imp , mod and try to sell it for exmemple to me :D with all seconds avatars or avatars friends ! don't pm me about names , i will not tell something wrong about . i still consider it friend!

I dont like to pay middleme n feees but if anyone has dealt with "fine arts" it is the same story
if you have a Statue to sell and want money, not easy to get 100% most probably 40 to 60%
when you want a specific statue you will pay 110%
if you sell at ah (Middleman) you will probably sell 100% but pay 15% fees or more.

PPL bulklshit about NFT being the solution.... each UL item is a NFT-like product... the TIR, and Tier make any UL item Unique
and if you want something unique, be prepared to pay... or to wait.
the bad part is the limited supply and some whales that seize items, Muscle oil reseller are a useful "Improved TT" for excess loot.

p.s. Katie i laughed hard reading it. great post

3) Once you have acquired the item, the most important thing to do, is DO NOT USE IT AT ALL. If you use it, even for a little bit, you will be considered a hunter and we do not want that association. This is a reselling guide FFS.
Love this bit :ROFLMAO:

lets sell one ''experince'' a friend try to sell sinew adj ,imp , mod and try to sell it for exmemple to me :D with all seconds avatars or avatars friends ! don't pm me about names , i will not tell something wrong about . i still consider it friend!
Yeah I am well known for being a reseller and having multiple avatars :D

This made my day, thanks man!

You guys do understand that whenever you go to your local mall or a store that you are buying from RESELLERS right? :)In 99% cases they dont use the items they sell. Why buy from them?

Since EU is an RCE it mimics some of the same principles as RL. (Problem in EU is not reselling, but the individuals doing it are really pushing it to extreme levels, because as you can see - people still buy - and thats not fault of reseller).

Not all resellers are bad - many provide service which takes time - time = money, and ppl taking their time to provide service should get some reward for their efforts.

You guys do understand that whenever you go to your local mall or a store that you are buying from RESELLERS right? :)In 99% cases they dont use the items they sell. Why buy from them?

Since EU is an RCE it mimics some of the same principles as RL. (Problem in EU is not reselling, but the individuals doing it are really pushing it to extreme levels, because as you can see - people still buy - and thats not fault of reseller).

Not all resellers are bad - many provide service which takes time - time = money, and ppl taking their time to provide service should get some reward for their efforts.
Please keep in mind my post was pretty tongue in cheek, think of it as a roast.

People that trade muscle oil and (L) junk through their shops don’t exactly fit the bill for most people’s definition of reseller, or at least not mine, even if that definition is technically accurate. Legends had a post which had a lot of good definitions from a wide range of people. It’s a good read.

I don’t see too much issue with the twin peaks standers buying loot, as they provide a service to a select few who can’t be arsed marketing it themselves. Buyers and sellers of those materials have plenty of other options to achieve their goal, no trader is going to monopolise those resources, at least not easily. So I don’t think it’s fair on these traders and shop owners to get labeled under the same banner.

The same can’t be said for the type of reseller portrayed in my skit, these weapons come available so infrequently that it is frustrating to buyers when all of a sudden their target weapon has now gone up 20-50k, for no reason then to satisfy a margin of somebody that had no business buying it to begin with.

The problem is SCARCITY
BP20 FEN pistols are 15 in all game. POINT. not one more will come, maybe some sit on sleeping or banned accounts
in 2020 they were 15k PED, then moved into the 20...22k in 2021. last week i saw a couple at 29k...30k in AH
same SMALL weapon and i mean SMALL, so small that you need to use a small 13b (L) amp for it being it under UL amp trigger
This item goes for double as it was in 2020 (Yes i know it is hyped because its's StevieB dream pistol)
this is just for SCARCITY and as many said it is a problem of the buyer will to buy
and of course, there is no rule that if someone paid 10 next sale must be 10 or more... ir can be 5.....or 15

The problem is SCARCITY
BP20 FEN pistols are 15 in all game. POINT. not one more will come, maybe some sit on sleeping or banned accounts
in 2020 they were 15k PED, then moved into the 20...22k in 2021. last week i saw a couple at 29k...30k in AH
same SMALL weapon and i mean SMALL, so small that you need to use a small 13b (L) amp for it being it under UL amp trigger
This item goes for double as it was in 2020 (Yes i know it is hyped because its's StevieB dream pistol)
this is just for SCARCITY and as many said it is a problem of the buyer will to buy
and of course, there is no rule that if someone paid 10 next sale must be 10 or more... ir can be 5.....or 15
MA needs to do another inactive/banned player item auction again, theres probably so much stuff lost to time after the 6-7+ years its been since the last auction MA did.

I don’t understand why resellers get so much hate. They contribute to the economy in so many positive ways including liquidity.

Of course I agree with you. Happy elves are walking in the fields... butterflies are flying... birds are singing... perfect harmony, undisturbed by humanity.

By the way, which game are you talking about, I would like to try it.

[sarc] Damn, don't you hate all those Ferrari, Lambo and Bugatti dealers who want to sell their top of the line, high performance sports cars for hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars. Surely there can't be enough millionaires and billionares around to buy them all. Why can't they charge Hyundai prices so I can buy one. So frustrating. [/sarc]

@Optimizer sorry but that example is wrong
Ferrari builds a car every day (probably more than one) and there are about 5% of drivers that can afford one
MA has a SMALL PLAYERBASE
most populated days 20k unique users, if you strip the sweatbots and the "payme the supplies for first gauntlet alts from the usual countries
most probably we got 5000 players active.
as per invoicing of MA we know for sure that we got 75.000.000 Ped per year sold by MA so it is 6.25m per month divided by 5000 it is 1250 ped
we got some ppl depositing 500 usd per month so average joe deposit 50 to 100 usd (and loose em all)
just like cars, there is not such big demand...... just because ppl willing to pay MINIMUM PRICE for a Mayhem trader gun is a fraction

The 2% ppl that would buy a 60.000 Ped weapon that supposedly returns 1% mroe than a 5000 ped one are FORCED by hoarders to buy at 75k or wait to farm their own tokens.

The ferrari Factory is the Restock of MA of the token trader. a SB90 is 80k token and 1 rare. at the cost of 0.6 ped (bare minimum for pills opportunity) it is 48.000+6000/8000 for the Ptoken, so a token gun ca nott go under (0.6 * required Mtoken)+ 6000*rare, most probably 1 ped per normal token
then there is the tier up cost... if a player wants a LP100 its cost is 130k+ and it is a Ferrari
but if the Ferrari Harder seize all the available cars and force you to buy one at 200k.... in real world it is called Unfair Practioce, or Market Abuse, and is a commerce rule offense.

That cardealer is what is a reseller...... artificially corner prices up to dump items at higher price....
in financial market it is called Pump and Dump... and it usually cost you 5 years in italy, or with money laundering of revenues allegation can reach 8 most probably.....
in game it cost you just just some Flames :)

Back