Guide:How to create and hold an event

ThunderCat

Prowler
Society
The Prophecy
Thunder ThunderCat Cat
Creating an event is quite easy,the hardest part is too hold it,promote for it and make it fun for people and make them come again.In this guide i will show who to create and even and add some tips and suggestions on how to advertise and make it fun.
Firstly lets begin with creating it.First you need to find a place where you want it,be it landmarker in a land area,fertilizer room on CND or any bars that can hold events(these last ones are for pvp events mainly)
So,after u have chosen the place you start the creation:
Click the Blue Button:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Then Click the View/Create Events icon(running man):
Click Create
After that you need to find a name for your event and type it in the even name box.
Then you need to type in a description,usually its a good idea to put the rules,prize and other info you might have.
Now you need to set the Date for your event.Click on the Event Calendar icon(it says "Not selected" near it) and it will open a small window.

Last edited:
Mistaken interruption.

Last edited:
Click on one of the box for the time you want the event to start at(hover your curosr ontop of each block to see the hour)
Then on another block for the time you want to end.Each block represents 30 minutes.so next block for 1 hour event or the next 2 blocks for 90 minutes event and etc.
Now you need to figure out what rules you want to set for your event,you have 3 options,hunting event,PK`ing event or voting event.
Win Rules:
--Most Votes:person with most votes wins the event
--Most PvP points:person with most kills wins the event
--Most Loot:person with most total loot wins the event
--Highest single Loot:person with the highest one loot wins the event
Additional Rules:
--No Healing:usualy for pvp events,means no one can use a fap/heal chip
--No Melee Weapons:No one can use swords or other melee weapons
--No Ranged Weapons:No one can use rifles/pistols
--PvP Enabled:Toogle between on and off pvp in all the event area
--Min. Reputation Requierd:the reputation required for a person to join your event(standard is 1000 for every player unless they have been -repped in other events)
After you have set the rules its time to set the prize.Click on the "Prize items value" icon and a small window will appear where you need to drag the item/s or peds you want as prize.
Last but not least you need to take care of tickets.
--Number of tickets:how many people can register/participate to your event
--Ticket Price:how much someone needs to pay in order to join your event
--Number of reserved Tickets:How many tickets you can recive in your inventory(1 ped each tt wich u can later sell for how much you want)
Now you are ready to click Create.After u click it u will get a window wich asks you to review and confirm your creation

After you have confirmed the event creation fee and and the area fee will be deducted from your ped card(keep in mind that each event area has its own fees.Find out more Here )

Now lets move to promoting your event and making it fun for people.
First u need good advertisment.Start with a thread here on EF.
You might also want to look for someone to make you a banner wich u can use in the adspace for some EFDs or a small one to put on ur signature and maybe give out to some friends for more coverage.
Also you shold consider ticket sellers in busy towns to advertise for you and maybe sell those tickets.
You might also want to try the ingame ads.Quite nice coverage and decent fees.
Now for the how to make it enjoyable for your participants.
Find and implement something different in your event,also something not only for hunters(in the case of a hunting event) but also for other profesions.
You also should find a place that suits all of the players skill/equipment levels.
Try to allways hold conversations to everyone and make mini events like "who brings me X item wins Y prize" or "who kills me first wins Y prize" or something else.just be creative.
Also some might not get the scoreboard up so make sure you tell the top3 from time to time in the event chat.

Well i hope this helps and we will see more and more events every day so we all can have fun :)

thank you for your patience hurikane

opsie,i just realised i posted it in the wrong section,could someone move it please?

....and delete that unobservant post of mine...?:)

B.U.M.P. should be a sticky thread..thank you and +rep.

can you only explain a little more about the price window. you state in your post:

"
After you have set the rules its time to set the prize.Click on the "Prize items value" icon and a small window will appear where you need to drag the item/s or peds you want as prize."

is there an easy way to determine what price is for what ranking? can not find that in your post or i must have misread?

Thnx!

Back